CaptiveAire Systems Employee Reviews

Terrible place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FL16 June 2019
Just wanted numbers. Minimal training. And when I brought tht up about not being trained I was placed in a different area. Not worth the aggravation. Stay away. Go somewhere else to find a better paying job!!
Pros
Cons
Everything..pay, long hrs, poor management, bad training
fast pace with lunch benefits
Welder/fabricator (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FL16 June 2019
Working at CaptiveAire for close to 4 years wasn't always a bad time. i did experience some good days and learned quite a bit from the company. the employee lunches they did for us and our monthly bonuses was a really good plus working there. Would work for them again if they changed some rules and got rid of some bad employees.
Horrible Management
Hood Line (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OK15 June 2019
Worked here for Three years. It was one of the worse jobs I have ever had. Management was all buddy buddy with the Supervisors. Hard work and dedication got you no where here. You need to kiss butt. Glad I left this place in the dust. Lack of job advancement. This is a dead end job.
Pros
Pdo, Bonuses
Highly motivated Company + Fast paced = Not boring
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX14 June 2019
This is a mature company but not a stale one. Management is lean but that does not mean the mission is. If you need someone to tell you what to do everyday all day in order to work - this is not a place for you. Very much an "outcomes focused" org. I like it - and a friend of mine that left told me they were bored at other companies. Pay is good - expectations are high - overall culture positive and growth oriented (both personally and professionally). I like it here but if you lean towards slow/lazy then it will not be a fun place for you.
Excellent Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando FL13 June 2019
Great company. They have a lot of good resources to learn from and leaders who motivate. I would recommend them to anyone who is motivated to work and learn the HVAC industry.
Pros
Good Benefits, You learn a lot in a short period of time
Favorite place to work by far!
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, PA7 June 2019
I love this place. I've learned so much here and I intend to keep cross training. Supervisors allow you to move from job to job and expand your skills. In four months I've learned three machines, welding and other skills. Family type environment where the higher-ups care about you personally. Love it!
productive workplace environment
Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC21 May 2019
productive workplace environment.
learned to work with a team but also be self starter and independent.
supportive leaders and management.
good atmosphere.
Fast paced, long hours.
Shipping laborer (Former Employee) –  Bedford pa15 May 2019
Faced paced environment, climbed pay scale pretty fast and was always told doing great job. Then got left go without reason. Shipping boss always pawned all his work on to everyone else.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Poor management
Growth
District Service Manager (Current Employee) –  TX29 April 2019
Captiveaire gives you every opportunity to advance but at your own pace. A typical day could be hours on the phone and computer or hours in the field.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
No set work schedule, to sporadic
Good company to work for
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Muskogee, OK7 April 2019
Overall not a bad company just not very accommodating if you are on FMLA. Management does not always follow through on their word. Supervisors that should not be in that position upper management plays favoritism.
Good place to work.
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  West Union, IA30 March 2019
Good place to work, pay is good, good people to work with, monthly bonuses. Free lunch once a month. Lots of cross training with plenty of new things to learn.
Great workers but upper management is a joke.
Front welder (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FL21 March 2019
Not flexible at all when it comes to handling your personal things. The workers are great but when it comes to anything in the office it gets stressful. Also the raises were great ! Until the new plant manager was hired, its all going downhill from there. This isnt me bashing on the plant this is simply the plain truth.
Pros
2 free lunches a month
Cons
short breaks, strict when they want to be
Good people to work with
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  West Union, IA16 March 2019
An average factory job. Would be a really great place to work if it had better management. Average starting wage are to be between $11-$13 an hour. No air conditioning so it get extremely hot in the summer and not much for heat in the winter. They have a hard time keeping people.
Pros
Other employees are good to work with and you can keep fit!
Cons
Unorganized and poor management
Offers Large Variety of Jobs
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Youngsville, NC16 March 2019
Working at CaptiveAire I learned alot due to my special position. Although most are not as fortunate to be in the position I was in. Pay is fair but lacks potential for a promotion
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Lots of Opportunity
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Florida7 March 2019
Great place to work. It is a large enough company so they can provide great benefits, a large amount of resources to learn the trade and industry, and have room to move up and advance within the company. At the same time, it feels like a small family business that cares about their employees. They are extremely motivating and passionate about what they do.

It was a great learning experience and I enjoyed working at Captive Aire.
Great Company
BRAKE PRESS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Redding, CA13 February 2019
Great place to work. Unfortunately due to the current political situation the company found itself in a place that required reorganization. I had planned on retiring from this company, which shows how much I enjoyed being part of the Captive Aire team.
Always busy but poor management and miscommunication
Technician (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FL9 February 2019
**Stay away from this place** It was all great for the first month or two. Pay was good. Some Coworkers were nice. If you don't "become friends" with the plant manager, he will run you out or fire you for no reason at all, "literally". High turnover rates with employees. Horrible communication, job responsibilities changed everyday, and serious micromanaging. By far, this has been the worst company I have ever worked for. The only reason I gave it 2 stars is for the pay.
Poor Managment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Florida5 February 2019
Its a good Company up north , in florida , specially south , managment is poor , no communication , they will fire you for no reason , there is a lot of better company out there to work for .
Pros
Time
Cons
Managmet
Captive Aire
Assembly/CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 462392 February 2019
Is not a union company and it is better that way. They provide what is needed for each employee. When union attempts to invade, the factory is closed and operations moved.ALL employees are terminated.
Hard work, long hours, good pay
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Youngsville, NC24 January 2019
As a shipping supervisor in Oklahoma, I worked 55-60 hours a week with a good pay rate, but we worked hard. Honestly, I would consider this company for anyone who has an actual good work ethic. Not a good place for lazy people.
Pros
good pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CaptiveAire Systems. Our community is ready to answer.