Captivate, LLC

Captivate, LLC Employee Reviews

Opportunity to learn

Plenty of opportunity to learn about the company and the business. Fast paced, collaborative environment, casual work environment, work life balanced culture

Great Experience

Working at Captivate was a great experience for me. I was new to sales and the owner gave thorough product knowledge and training so that I can guide our customers with the best Luxury Boutique Experience.

Pros

Discount

Worked here for 2 years.

Company is sinking. They do niche advertising in elevators but with the rise of cell phones they are getting less and less relevant. They expect you to lie to customers and do your best to push off time frames for repairs. There is no leadership in the NOC the tools and training are subpar to non existant. The people who have been there longer know less about the infrastructure and equipment then new hires who are expected to figured it out themselves. The company is very nepotic 3 of the main leaders all worked together and give themselves nice promotion and pay raises while everyone else gets nothing. They have flexible time off but it's not actually flexible as the noc leadership has to approval your time off. But the senior noc agent can leave whenever they choose with no repercussions. The work place is very hostile as I have been threatened with outsourcing if we don't do better.

Pros

The People who work there

Cons

Working for this company no bonus or pay increase after two years.

great corporate culture, very nice people

layoffs during pandemic were done very early in pandemic, along with 20 per cent pay cuts company is owned by a private equity company company needs to be more sensitive to employees during this pandemic time

Pros

flexible time off

Cons

lots of turnover

They offer employees a 401(k) plan with a matching Company contribution, group medical and dental insurance, and a Flexible Spending Account and flexible time off (“FTO”).

Work hard, play hard

Work hard and be recognized. Cool product. Mixture of old and new. Some always done that way and some looking at newest innovations in the market. The key is to balance those old and new.

Great people

Great people. Ok benefits. Great work life balance. Great location in NYC for commuters. Little mobility. Non-competitive salaries. Privately held and can not offer benefits of larger companies.

I worked for a manager that is no longer there who was hired by a Director of Sales no longer with Captive

Mismanaged and not a positive or productive working environment . It was a disappointing experience after spending 15 years and 10 years at prior companies.

Productive and fun workplace.

Feels like a home from home. Everyone gets along with everyone and strives for a common goal. We all work well to support each other to satisfy customers.

Creative, fun place to work. Always something new.

A culture that rewards hard work and innovative ideas. A work hard, play hard, have your back mentality drives the creativity. The diversity of projects keeps the job interesting.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Captivate, LLC?

Captivate

Captivate Inc uses contract sub-contractors, worldwide travel is typical, the assignments varied. Traveled last year to the Phillippines, Italy, Ethiopia, Malta, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, and beyond.

Good place to work, but you have to excel all the time. They have high turnover due to that.

Typical Day - Alot of sales calls in person and via phone to maintain and enhance business relationships on the real estate side of the business. I learned about the digital programming business as an amenity for office building owners and the advertising side of the business. Management was all about performance standards and quotas (a private equity owned company) Work place cultured changed dramatically in the last 2 years I worked their to a millennial work force which I was not The hardest part of my job was convincing customers that their advertised based digital programming was an amenity for office building owners at their properties. The most enjoyable part of the job was the loyal customers we had who liked our service

Pros

paid for all my expenses that was work related

Cons

traveled a lot

Review Summary

Great Company culture, but some entrenched management more interested in a stock payoff than longevity. In my opinion the company may change hands soon.

Ok

Mixed feelings working at Captivate. Individual contributors are great, but management supply is severely lacking. The expectation is to take the reigns and run with ideas, but when you do leadership severely demeans the activity and doesn't support innovation at all.

Pros

Pay, remote work opportunities

Cons

Leadership, follow through

Decent place to work

Good vacation time. Benefits aren't great. Company is financially healthy. Decent work-life balance. Good people. senior management seems a tad scattered right now. Rate of churn seems a little high. Lack of communication on key workplace items (layoffs, reorgs, if we met out quarterly sales goals). Clear, company-wide communication on high level items needs to improve.

Pros

vacation time

Cons

senior management seems scattered right now

Inconsistent management

If you know what you are doing you get laid off. Management plays favorites and would rather be surrounded by young kids who work cheap and don't question what's going on. The product does not work as sold, poorly designed and installed.

Pros

it's a job

Cons

no job security

Product doesnt work as sold

Cut backs and bad decisions by new VP's coming in. The product does not work as sold. Full of outages and bad performance. Managers play favorites and favor young kids who work cheap. Anyone who knows what they are doing gets laid off.

Pros

it's a paycheck when you need one

Cons

Full accountability for Accounts Payable Full accountability for Payroll Great group of people Management were fair and easy going Learned a lot from this talented group

Productive Work Place

Captivate has a very productive and fun work enviorment. Everyone at Captivate is happy to come to work everyday and conquer there goals. Everyday was different.

Great employees

Everyone at the company is great and very hands on when training. The management is very helpful with all the day to day. The Company is so much fun that know one wants to leave which means minimal advancement opportunities for some.

The best people i ever met, skill and personality wise. They are all focused on getting the company to the next level, and care deeply about what they do. Loved this place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Captivate, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement