CAPREIT Employee Reviews

Never work here
Leasing specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 May 2019
Scheduling is unfair ,I was given 10 day shifts on a regular basis ,while no one else was.
Leasing specialists steel work from co workers and take credit
for a personal goal they wish to accomplish.
Bullying ,unfair pay ,unprofessional behavior in front of tenants and prospective tenants .
Not to mention the bed bugs ,cockroaches ,mice and ants the poor tenants are stuck with as unwanted roommates.
I had to move people into units full of cockroaches,mice and bedbugs.
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
Toxic environment
Great
Controller/Corporate Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2019
Enjoy my time working outgoing employees no issues when working respectful customers as well as employees good location well maintained at all times as well
I would not work for this company again.
Assistant Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2018
I was hired as Assistant Building Manager with the job description of an Assistant Building Manager to perform daily duties described in the job description, such as administrative, office, managerial, customer (tenant) service. Due to an unforeseen circumstances, the Superintendent got very ill and the management made me replace the Superintendent "temporary" by doing cleaning and janitorial work. By avoiding not to pay sick leave to the former Superintendent, the Management terminated his position and therefore assigned the job to the Assistant Building Manager, as they could not hire anybody for replacement for 6 months.
I could not quit this job before I find a new one and this time for me was a slavery.
Pros
Cons
It is a long list
hardest part of the job
Intermediate property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2018
has different standard when doing the work, same work done same way but by differnet acocuntant will get different feed back from manager, long working hours.
Pros
good to practice there
Cons
longer hours
Learn lots of skills that can help you advance your career
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  British Columbia9 August 2018
Office staff are nice to work with. Management and Leadership talk a great game but in the end, don’t treat site staff with respect. Long days, on call with very little compensation
Pros
Develop skills and gain software knowledge
Cons
Management, on call hours without pay
Extensive training to guide success
Administration (Current Employee) –  BC19 June 2018
Overall good company to work for, they provide extensive training and the benefits are great. The staff at the Regional Office are very knowledgeable and always willing to help.
What a great place to work for
Bilingual IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2018
I enjoyed working for this great company.
I learned a lot from my service desk manager
I gained a lot of experience from my colleagues.
This place values everyone's productivity with so many opportunities for advancements.
Pros
A place of work where you can balance your work and your life.
Cons
a new open concept design resulted in a noisy place of work.
wonderful
site employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2018
Fantastic company ,management is supportive, interested in listening to employees ideas, team environment.
Diverse company. Innovative with modernization,
Leasing and sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2018
Te people were amazing and i would defiantly work for them again if i ever decide to move back to canada.
It is one of Canada’s leadin property companies
All good
Building Manager (Current Employee) –  BC19 March 2018
Support and backup from manager, I like it here and no problem so far its just have small room to grow good and best for new talent for to get and make experience.
The gestapo is alive and strong
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2018
It was very hard being told to lie to tenants about issues. The company would rather spend money hiding serious problems than fix them. Would recommend anything before working for these slumlords.
Pros
Pay check rarely bounced
Cons
To many to list
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2018
Employees are treated as their best asset. Excellent employee benefits. Employees feedback are taken into account always, nice culture, excellent team leaders.
Have excellent standard operating procedures yet an improvement on salaries and benefits will be great
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 January 2018
Its always a busy day at the office. A Site Administrator handles all the basic operations of a rental property building. From taking care of tenant's issues, such as but not limited to home improvement, collection problem, end of leases and suite showing to administrative work such as credit check and RTB filling.

The hardest part of the job is attending to emergency calls any TIME and DAY of the week without really getting compensated for it.
Excellent work environment
I.T Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  11 Church st9 January 2018
I was a pleasure work, if I had the choice I would go back to work there. I liked all my co workers and the company events also the internal office games and events
Pros
Company events
Cons
Pay is low
Nightmare
Administrative Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 November 2017
Not a place you want to be....management is poor, no team work, no opportunity to advance your career. No year end bonus or appreciation from management.
fun workplace with pool table
Bilingual IT Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
• Administered and maintained user access controls, processes, and procedures to prevent unauthorized access, modification, or misuse of CAPREIT resources.
• Opened and updated Request for Action (RFA) problems using Remedy database; created and submitted SAP requests for needed parts to resolve RFA actions.
• Conduct risk assessments and collaborate with various departments
Very stressful job with a lot of turnovers
Site Administartor (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC21 September 2017
I tried to do my best , but nobody care about the team. They are very good by presenting themselves as a top employer , benefits this is the trap. Later you will find who they are. I will never return to that job and I strongly recommend if you are a vertical employ to think twice before get the job.
Pros
-nothing
Cons
long hours, stressful
Do NOT work here!
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 June 2017
If you end up in Halifax be prepared to be screamed at every day by your OM. Honestly don't bother coming here. They expect you to be fully trained on everything in 2 weeks, without proper training. The workload is overwhelming.
Pros
Some of the Toronto employees
Cons
Everything else.
Excelent company
Janitorial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON30 April 2017
Excellent work environment
Flexible schedule
Great company
Good employee benefits
Good for career
Training is good and frequent
Dental coverage and medicine
Workplace Culture
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 March 2017
My favorite part of working at CAPREIT was the feeling of family you felt with your colleagues. My managers were open and easy to talk to and you actually worked as a team, in more ways than one!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAPREIT. Our community is ready to answer.