CAPREIT Employee Reviews

Learn lots of skills that can help you advance your career
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  British Columbia9 August 2018
Office staff are nice to work with. Management and Leadership talk a great game but in the end, don’t treat site staff with respect. Long days, on call with very little compensation
Pros
Develop skills and gain software knowledge
Cons
Management, on call hours without pay
What a great place to work for
Bilingual IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2018
I enjoyed working for this great company.
I learned a lot from my service desk manager
I gained a lot of experience from my colleagues.
This place values everyone's productivity with so many opportunities for advancements.
Pros
A place of work where you can balance your work and your life.
Cons
a new open concept design resulted in a noisy place of work.
wonderful
site employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2018
Fantastic company ,management is supportive, interested in listening to employees ideas, team environment.
Diverse company. Innovative with modernization,
Leasing and sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2018
Te people were amazing and i would defiantly work for them again if i ever decide to move back to canada.
It is one of Canada’s leadin property companies
All good
Building Manager (Current Employee) –  BC19 March 2018
Support and backup from manager, I like it here and no problem so far its just have small room to grow good and best for new talent for to get and make experience.
The gestapo is alive and strong
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2018
It was very hard being told to lie to tenants about issues. The company would rather spend money hiding serious problems than fix them. Would recommend anything before working for these slumlords.
Pros
Pay check rarely bounced
Cons
To many to list
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2018
Employees are treated as their best asset. Excellent employee benefits. Employees feedback are taken into account always, nice culture, excellent team leaders.
Have excellent standard operating procedures yet an improvement on salaries and benefits will be great
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 January 2018
Its always a busy day at the office. A Site Administrator handles all the basic operations of a rental property building. From taking care of tenant's issues, such as but not limited to home improvement, collection problem, end of leases and suite showing to administrative work such as credit check and RTB filling.

The hardest part of the job is attending to emergency calls any TIME and DAY of the week without really getting compensated for it.
Excellent work environment
I.T Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  11 Church st9 January 2018
I was a pleasure work, if I had the choice I would go back to work there. I liked all my co workers and the company events also the internal office games and events
Pros
Company events
Cons
Pay is low
Nightmare
Administrative Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 November 2017
Not a place you want to be....management is poor, no team work, no opportunity to advance your career. No year end bonus or appreciation from management.
fun workplace with pool table
Bilingual IT Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
• Administered and maintained user access controls, processes, and procedures to prevent unauthorized access, modification, or misuse of CAPREIT resources.
• Opened and updated Request for Action (RFA) problems using Remedy database; created and submitted SAP requests for needed parts to resolve RFA actions.
• Conduct risk assessments and collaborate with various departments
Very stressful job with a lot of turnovers
Site Administartor (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC21 September 2017
I tried to do my best , but nobody care about the team. They are very good by presenting themselves as a top employer , benefits this is the trap. Later you will find who they are. I will never return to that job and I strongly recommend if you are a vertical employ to think twice before get the job.
Pros
-nothing
Cons
long hours, stressful
Do NOT work here!
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 June 2017
If you end up in Halifax be prepared to be screamed at every day by your OM. Honestly don't bother coming here. They expect you to be fully trained on everything in 2 weeks, without proper training. The workload is overwhelming.
Pros
Some of the Toronto employees
Cons
Everything else.
Excelent company
Janitorial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON30 April 2017
Excellent work environment
Flexible schedule
Great company
Good employee benefits
Good for career
Training is good and frequent
Dental coverage and medicine
Workplace Culture
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 March 2017
My favorite part of working at CAPREIT was the feeling of family you felt with your colleagues. My managers were open and easy to talk to and you actually worked as a team, in more ways than one!
Learning experience
Operations - Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  North York, ON25 January 2017
Good company to learn from regarding Residential Real Estate from both the residential side and also the investment side.

You learn how to deal with tough situations regarding tenant issues, work issues, and many ways to combat any issue that may arise.
Cons
Pay
Building Administrator
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  British Columbia4 December 2016
This is one of the worst property management companies to work for.
This company has no respect for their employees and treat their tenants terribly.
Pros
Work you to death
Cons
Below acceptable wages for your duties

Comment – 16 June 2017

You hit the nail in the head with this comment 100%.
If you think they treat their staff like crap try being a tenant in one of their buildings when having to deal with the rudest most uncaring people.

ok
Commissionaire (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC4 November 2016
Savoir faire avec le chef d'équipe, ne prend pas note des difficultées rencontrer et du temps.
Travail qui est très intéressant 'mais' il y a un 'mais'....
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 October 2016
Manque totale de connaissance de la personne en charge côté maintenance / rénovation. Ne comprend pas qu'une entreprise tel que Capreit puisse mettre une personne même avec une bonne volonté d'apprendre dans un poste comme celui là. Beaucoup de déplacement et de perte de temps dû au manque de connaissance de la personne en charge. Cette personne va constater la plainte mais n'a aucune notion d'où vient le problème, donc lors de la remise du work order, le travailleur doit aller constater le problème, aller chercher les matériaux nécessaire, faire l'investigation etc... Travail en double et en triple quelquefois du fait du manque total de connaissance. Même lors des inspections des vacants, l'inexpérience entre en ligne de compte, manque des détails sur travaux qui devraient être corrigés ou fait, parce que l'on doit retourné avant la livraison du logement.
Cette personne n'accepte pas beaucoup l'expérience qui peut lui être donné ( par moi entre autre ), elle doit surement avoir un complexe parce que répète régulièrement que les ''big boss', sont là pour la 'backer' si certains ( en parlant des anciens employés ) essaient de lui nuirent.
Ce poste en est un ou il faut avoir les connaissances nécessaires au minimum, mais il n'en est rien. Être capable de donner des bons de commande à des sous-traitants pour certains travaux ou céduler ceux-ci ne fait pas de quelqu'un un contremaître. C'est certain que quelqu'un doit apprendre quelque part mais pas dans un projet comme celui là. À plus petite échelle aucun problème mais ici c'est trop gros pour une personne avec Zéro expérience
  more... dans ce domaine.
Dans mon cas je ne crois pas rester là longtemps non plus du à la distance aussi la déception pour l'apport d'idées qui pourrait être bénéfique à cette personne.
Pros
Avantages sociaux, et gens entretien très cordiaux et gentils.
Cons
Énumérés plus haut, distance lointaine
Productive and friendly environment
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2016
I have learned a lot in Capreit as a Leasing, Site Administrator. I t helped overcome in my role as a rental agent. I am ready to obtain a challenging position with a growth oriented organization where I may be challenged to apply my skills in a new path in my career.
Pros
Free events
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAPREIT. Our community is ready to answer.