CAPREIT

CAPREIT Employee Reviews

Canada72 reviews
The work place culture is very important specially when you have a numerous complaints you need a perfect work team around you. If you have the right attitude with your clients this is the goal.
Pros
excellent team work
Cons
low rate.
I have no idea how this company became one of Canada’s top employers. Insanely low wages for the amount of work that you do.

The working conditions of the site that I was working at were just horrible. For example, site staff didn’t even have a place to eat lunch. If you wanted to eat lunch in peace, you are forced to eat in the boiler room. Either that, or you eat at your desk, where you will be forced to work while eating (talking to tenants, answering phone calls, attending to vendors, etc.), so you don’t really get a break.

If you work in head office or one of the regional offices, you’re fine, as people there are treated much better. But for staff who work on site, the conditions are very depressing.

The company is also so cheap that they won’t pay you overtime. The maintenance of the apartment units are also compromised. The outside of the apartments look fine, but that is just a facade. If you go into the units, you will see how rotten they look. This prompts endless complaints from tenants, which ultimately adds undue stress to your work, just because the company is not willing to spend for the appropriate maintenance.

Instead of fixing problems permanently, the company usually resorts to band-aid solutions to temporarily stop the tenants from complaining. The company also hires incompetent contractors that do sub-standard work in turnover units. So when the new tenants move in, there are several deficiencies immediately. Again, band-aid solutions.

If you have other options, please do not work here. Submitting my resignation and leaving the company for
 - more...
Pros
Adequate benefits
Cons
Very low pay, huge disconnect with management, company does not maintain its portfolios properly
They like to replace amazing workers with incompetent ones because they like them better. They don't care if you do a good job if they don't like you as a person. You can be fun and bubbly but if you are terrible at your job they'll still promote you (Or if you know people higher up!) Heard very inappropriate things being joked about at their HO downtown Vancouver - very unprofessional and I would not recommend anyone to work for this company.
Say goodbye to your freedom and dignity. Money hungry and don’t care about anything else. Save yourself because it’s all BS. Very old buildings and no direction if needed. They forgot how words travel and bunch of vultures, blood sucking vampires. The OP and the manager will drop you like scrap paper. If your reading this then thank you for the 36k because I make over 100k now, glad I only worked three months with you.
Pros
Cons
The management
Good working environment and some opportunity for growth. Employee engagement is important to the organization. The organization likes to give back.
Great company to work for out of school! Lots of recent acquisitions and the future is bright for rental in Canada. High value stock and something you can purchase into as employee.
Very generous, inclusive culture. It will a take a lot to leave CAPREIT. Lots of room to learn and grow. 12+ years at CAPREIT.

Great work life balances

Generous time off

Great Leaders
The first week of my employment with Capreit involved training at their HQ in Downtown Vancouver. I actually overheard staff there openly criticizing their "co-workers" at different sites. It showed me that this was a toxic work culture.

Then when I went to my office building I was given minimal training by the on-site manager. She was oddly aggressive. It was underlined that mistakes would not be tolerated.

After my first week of posting unit availabilities, I found myself driving more and more. When my site manager called me while driving a couple of times, she got MAD at me for not picking up the phone WHILE I WAS DRIVING MY CAR.

I soon left this unprofessional and danger-to-your-health company.
être capable de diagnostiquer et de procéder aux réparations diverses
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CAPREIT?
This company expects you to do EVERYTHING!!! They want to save money so they won’t hire a professional or a contractor to do the work that you may or may not be qualified to do. Zero future in that position. Good for the experience of working with tools and what not but that’s it. I don’t recommend this company at all.
This company gave me a chance to work with some amazing people, and has allowed me to learn from them. The culture here is easily the best work culture I've ever had the pleasure of saying i was included in. However, management is a little lack luster, and communication isn't always as crystal clear as people would like it to be.
Pros
Amazing people and benifets
Cons
Poor management and training.
Company is very involved in giving back to the community and encourages its employee to participate in raising money for charities through fund raising.
This is a fantastic place to grow your career. The environment is entrepreneurial, supportive and fast-paced. You have the ability to experience so much across a lot of different departments. It's a very hands-on, roll-up your sleeves environment that rewards initiative. The leadership is fantastic and supportive. They give you the space to create and learn while experimenting with new and initiative projects.
I don't have too many good things to say, was never able to have work life balance here. It wasn't fun. Managers don't treat you properly sometimes..

Salary was so less and work was so hard.
Typical day goes by quick as I work at a fast paced site. I have learned many skills working at Capreit such as advanced organizational skills, resilience, how to deal with difficult situations in a calm manner and I have been given the opportunity to participate in program to enhance my leadership and presentation skills. The workplace culture is great, the team I work with is very close and we work together well.
The hardest part of the job is high staff turnover and trying to make sure things run smoothly when we are short staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with be it site staff, management staff or executives.
Pros
great staff, great values, good health benefits
Cons
low wages, high staff turnover
Witnessed a capreit boss, yell at a janitoral staff member. No wonder there loosing building managers in halifax. Very unprofessional. Get the cleaners a new uniform shirt, if they lost it. Don’t yell and demean her in front of tenants. No one deserves to be yelled at, it’s not a good way of doing business. You need us more then we need you.
Pros
Cons
Disrespectful
salaire ne correspond pas au poste.... manque constamment de personnelle
Pros
bon école pour avoir de l expérience
Enjoy my time working outgoing employees no issues when working respectful customers as well as employees good location well maintained at all times as well
I was hired as Assistant Building Manager with the job description of an Assistant Building Manager to perform daily duties described in the job description, such as administrative, office, managerial, customer (tenant) service. Due to an unforeseen circumstances, the Superintendent got very ill and the management made me replace the Superintendent "temporary" by doing cleaning and janitorial work. By avoiding not to pay sick leave to the former Superintendent, the Management terminated his position and therefore assigned the job to the Assistant Building Manager, as they could not hire anybody for replacement for 6 months.
I could not quit this job before I find a new one and this time for me was a slavery.
Pros
Cons
It is a long list
has different standard when doing the work, same work done same way but by differnet acocuntant will get different feed back from manager, long working hours.
Pros
good to practice there
Cons
longer hours
A better work to start with, gives you time to learn new things, bery accomodating staff and supervisors. Gives you training course to improve your skills
Pros
Free gas
Cons
On call week end