Capital Regional District

Capital Regional District Employee Reviews

work orders are performed base on time frame and done right. Efficient and thorough inspection of job done. Supervisor follow-up of work is expected. Co-workers approachable, seniority employees are inclined to mentor me. Lifting more than 50lbs. in a awkward position. Doing a work orders in a short or time limitation.
Pros
lunch break 30min.
Cons
8 hours work load
Great staff & mgmt to work with. Great in-house courses to help you improve along with the option for additional education, seminars, and conferences.
Productive and stable workplace. A full-time position of eight hours a day or 40 hours a week for 1 season. The position included the following responsibilities: ● Facility and Equipment Maintenance: Park and Campground vegetation and road maintenance, Facility cleaning and stocking, Litter pickup, Waste and recycling, security patrol and lockup. ● Trail and Animal Safety Control: Dangerous trail and area quarantine. ● Public Hospitality and Emergency First Aid: First aid training required and used.
CRD is a government body and I found it frustrating try to move issues forward. The culture has been a very negative experience for me. I have only experienced poor management without the help of Human Resources department .
Pros
I've had the opportunity to work with some wonderful people.
Cons
Poor management
Typical day at work is answering phones, administration support. I have learn lots about he company, and as well as how to priority.
The CRD is an excellent employer. Staff area very friendly and it is an excellent environment to work in.