Capital Power Employee Review

View all Capital Power reviews

Poor management
Tier One Help Desk Analyst (Contract Position) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2018
Terrible work environment. People working there were negative and hard to get along with. High turnover rate, must be losing all the good people to other positions.

Other Capital Power Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Mechanical EIT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 May 2019
I was a summer student for 2 consecutive summers and also fall and winter of the 2nd year. I worked at the Genesee plant.
I genuinely loved my time there. It was an excellent learning opportunity and I, a person with anxiety, found the coworkers incredibly pleasant. The company gave several learning experiences for a student worker to increase their knowledge base and also improve their overall value in the workforce via resume seminars, leadership speakers, and volunteering.
Pros
Often free food, benefits, friendly staff, learning opportunities abundant
Cons
Driving to Genesee plant in winter was scary. That's the only con I have
Not noticed for your hard work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2019
Ok company to work for, although you are not noticed for your hard work. Not much room for advancement unless you suck up to management. Lots of gossip. Took some concerns to management and HR and they would not listen.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lots of gossip and very clicky