Capital Power
Capital Power Employee Review

Lots to learn here. Good People.

3 October 2018
Capital Power is definitely committed to its people. They like to give people days off monthly, and work hard to accommodate requested time away. At the plants, site bonuses are common.

From the top to the bottom, Capital power has one of the best ingrained safety cultures I have ever had the pleasure of working in. I learned a lot there and I finished my contract as a better safety professional then when I started.
Pros
Best wages I've seen, Good safety culture
9 June 2020
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
Had better experience elsewhere. The people were great. Management not so much. Nice building, Lots of job movement. Lots of people were let go in a short amount of time.
22 May 2019
Mechanical EIT (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
I was a summer student for 2 consecutive summers and also fall and winter of the 2nd year. I worked at the Genesee plant.
I genuinely loved my time there. It was an excellent learning opportunity and I, a person with anxiety, found the coworkers incredibly pleasant. The company gave several learning experiences for a student worker to increase their knowledge base and also improve their overall value in the workforce via resume seminars, leadership speakers, and volunteering.
Pros
Often free food, benefits, friendly staff, learning opportunities abundant
Cons
Driving to Genesee plant in winter was scary. That's the only con I have
30 January 2019
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
Ok company to work for, although you are not noticed for your hard work. Not much room for advancement unless you suck up to management. Lots of gossip. Took some concerns to management and HR and they would not listen.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lots of gossip and very clicky