Capital Power
Capital Power Employee Review

Job is okay

9 June 2020
Had better experience elsewhere. The people were great. Management not so much. Nice building, Lots of job movement. Lots of people were let go in a short amount of time.
30 January 2019
Same roleSame location
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
Ok company to work for, although you are not noticed for your hard work. Not much room for advancement unless you suck up to management. Lots of gossip. Took some concerns to management and HR and they would not listen.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lots of gossip and very clicky
22 May 2019
Same location
Mechanical EIT (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
I was a summer student for 2 consecutive summers and also fall and winter of the 2nd year. I worked at the Genesee plant. I genuinely loved my time there. It was an excellent learning opportunity and I, a person with anxiety, found the coworkers incredibly pleasant. The company gave several learning experiences for a student worker to increase their knowledge base and also improve their overall value in the workforce via resume seminars, leadership speakers, and volunteering.
Pros
Often free food, benefits, friendly staff, learning opportunities abundant
Cons
Driving to Genesee plant in winter was scary. That's the only con I have
21 December 2018
Same location
Manager (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
relatively small company, can be family like, but also lots of gossip. Like any place its the people you work with directly that make the difference. Senior management is not very diverse.