Capital Power
Capital Power Employee Review

Excellent company and culture

26 October 2012
I personally loved working for CPC. If it was not for having to relocate due to my husbands job I would have stayed there. I really enjoyed working for my boss and my coworkers were fabulous. Anyone getting the opportunity to work for this company should consider themselves very lucky.
Pros
salary & benifits
9 June 2020
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
Had better experience elsewhere. The people were great. Management not so much. Nice building, Lots of job movement. Lots of people were let go in a short amount of time.
22 May 2019
Mechanical EIT (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
I was a summer student for 2 consecutive summers and also fall and winter of the 2nd year. I worked at the Genesee plant.
I genuinely loved my time there. It was an excellent learning opportunity and I, a person with anxiety, found the coworkers incredibly pleasant. The company gave several learning experiences for a student worker to increase their knowledge base and also improve their overall value in the workforce via resume seminars, leadership speakers, and volunteering.
Pros
Often free food, benefits, friendly staff, learning opportunities abundant
Cons
Driving to Genesee plant in winter was scary. That's the only con I have
30 January 2019
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
Ok company to work for, although you are not noticed for your hard work. Not much room for advancement unless you suck up to management. Lots of gossip. Took some concerns to management and HR and they would not listen.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lots of gossip and very clicky