Capital One
Information from Capital One:

Capital One Employee Reviews

Canada191 reviews
Amazing work culture
Great place to work, strat-up like atmosphere with focus on individual development and goals. Technology focussed financial institution with a clear misison to help customers.
Fun place to work
A typical workday was usually fairly busy. Everyone you worked with was very friendly and this included co-workers and management. Capital One is a very diverse and inclusive company to work for. This is not a company to work for if you are trying to lose weight, as they are always feeding you.
Red-tapism and Politics galore
You performance is rated on your manager's perception of you, your goals and work metrics are not considered.
Promotions come to those who can play politics well.

Any new innovation will be killed saying this is not "the Capital One way of doing things".

I have a wonderful dev team and great projects to work on, but having bad managers and seniors makes me question if it's even worth it.
Pro / cons
Pros: great salary, good culture, amazing benefits. Management in Montreal is very good.
CONS: the way they evaluate employees performance is horrible, which affects promotion. I don't understand how well they are doing well in so many other areas except for that.
Not interested
Not interested in talking about this company at this time. It was fun working here at the beginning, I actually woke up and felt like going to work but it eventually changed to what it is today...
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere to an extent
Cons
You may get fired or laid off at any time
Friendly, yet super competitive culture amongst people
People at Capital One are generally friendly and happy to help.

All that to say, the culture is also very competitive with a strenuous performance management process like no other. It’s great when it works, but when it doesn’t, escalation options are limited.
Evironnement de travail productif et agréable
Employés cordiaux et environnement de travail très coopératif. Employeur près des résultats et proactif aux solutions demandés par l'employé.
My co workers were great
Its the people and the culture that makes a great work environment. Management tried their best to be involved with the staff. I would work there again
Capital one
At this company they make you believe that you matter , but it a lie the fire you like nothing and you a number there and cutting on employees and firing all the good agent it a who likes you better place
Not what you would expect
My experience was interesting. The job you're hired for may not be the one you're doing. There is a lack of organization and job families are not as expected.

They want you to work on everything even if you're not experienced. The only opportunity for advancement is if you're in the "IN" group.
Good but not great
At the consumers office where I work, your career progression is to a greater extent who you know, who likes you in Management and the ethnicity you belong to. If you re good at what you do and unable to suck up to those in Management, all you will ever get is a flimsy lion's head on a wooden plaque.
Moreso, socializing and not doing your job is more likely to get you promoted than doing the actual job. Internal Promotions are unfair and processes for recognition and rewards are ( in terms of performance) unclear.

Most communications are poorly managed and so frontline agents feel the brunt of such poor communication lapses.

Most, if not all the FrontLine Managers

lack extensive experience handling calls and so cannot proffer time-saving, on-the-spot solutions when a cistomer asks for a manager.

Fresh from school,it is a good place to start but to grow as a career, the opportunities due to the NEPOTISM, FAVORITISM & CRONYISM makes OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE IRRELEVANT and VERY, VERY, LIMITED
Nil
A typical day at work is to answer calls and do all i can to make our customers happy. I was in a great team with an amazing manager. The most enjoyable part of my job is to hear the response of a satisfied customer on the other line.
Employees are team players . They collaborate with you to get the job done. There's a nice culture within the organization that make you feel belong.
na
my work experience was great at capital one, workplace culture was great as well, my manager was great to us. i would love to work at capital one again
Exciting and fun place to work
Awesome experience working here. They provide resources for career advancement and also encourage job rotation to help garner a vast amount of experience.
good company
Overall its a good company to work for. No complaints. Management is awesome and the benefits are even better. I was in customer service and work itself was stress-free.
collaborative learning and professional development
I loved overall working at Capital One. The work life balance is good but may vary from team to team. The overall job culture is collaborative learning. Emphasis on professional development.
Great place to work.
It was a great place to work. I had an amazing manager and team. The work load was manageable and I was able to work from home occasionally. The perks and appreciation showed to my team was amazing.
Supported the President at Capital One
Company was good but the management team was a problem when you have a team that is not sure about taking decision then it is like a house of cards that crumble. The President never took decision always wanted one of his leader to, even thought it should be him, and he said so if you take the decisions and something happens then you are at fault.
Pros
Cons
very unpredictable
Good company to work for
good company to work for good work culture
good work like balance good benefits

Minimum pay

good people to work for management is very helpful....
fun work place
a typical day at work involves meetings. Learned to be independent but also seek team support when needed. Management can be very demanding when there is a pertinent issue at work. overall culture is somewhat friendly with well organized work parties and team outings. As long as you know your job and enjoy what you are doing there wont bee an hard part to it. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the team achieves a goal
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.
3.5K