Capital District Health Authority

Capital District Health Authority Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse3 reviews
Canada3 reviews
Working for Capital Health in Victoria General Hospital was a great experience for me. It was both very challenging and rewarding to work with Capital Health. It was challenging because of the lack of resources, yet rewarding because of the excellent and knowledgeable staff that continuously helped each and supported each other in order to survive a day of work.
My typical day of work starts with assessment of my patients, caring out nursing procedures, communicating with other members of multidisciplinary team and advocating for my patients.

Working as a Registered Nurse is continuous learning process to be able to provide the best and safe care to the patients.

The hardest part of my work is to provide the best care while working with limited nursing staff.

Rewarding part of my work is when, going home after my shift is finished, knowing that I did everything I could to help my patients to go through their ordeal and they appreciated my work.
Moving to Ontario has allowed me to reach out to many patient populations. However, I miss the East Coast. I miss the passion. I miss the patient population. I cannot wait to return.
I enjoyed the autonomy given to nurses working in a busy emergency department. It was fast paced but a very satisfying job, being able to help those in need. Opportunities for advancement as well as educational opportunities.
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
very busy
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Capital District Health Authority?