Capilano Suspension Bridge Park

Capilano Suspension Bridge Park Employee Reviews

Love working at Capilano Suspension Bridge park.Nature is the best and super nice.Management is helpful, funny and dedicated.Always open to switch shifts if necessary.
Pros
Free coffee, free access, family tickets, discount
Cons
Overcrowded during summer and Christmas
A highlight of working at Capilano Suspension Bridge are the friendly staff. Management does their best to keep things organized, and to keep everyone in the loop about current park events. Questions are always welcome, no matter how long you've been working there.
All of my supervisors were so helpful and understanding in any situation I was in. Always willing to help and doing so with a smile and calm, collected attitude. This allowed for a positive safe work environment and happy co-workers to go along with it!
Pros
free snacks and dinners
Cons
none!
Très bonne entreprise, l'équipe et le cadre de travail est agréable.
mi sono trovata molto bene, i manager sono bravi, bella esperienza
Nice place to work in summer if you like to be busy, fast-paced environment, and meeting different people everyday. Slow and steady in a shoulder season, but you'll be out, wet, and cold.
Fun atmosphere nice people rewarding work very interesting location great management would not hesitate to work here again in the future great interview process
Everyone is management were so welcoming and friendly. I would totally recommend this job for the management. The only con would be that when hiring high schoolers, they can be very rude towards outcasts working there
Capilano attracts people from all over the world. The culture is rich with diversity and travel, both with the patrons and the employees. Met some wonderful people there. Was on a seasonal contract. Would go back.
i worked as a park safety host in the winter, so i was working in the cold a lot. they provided us with nice uniforms and a very nice jacket to keep us warm. management was fairly strict and i had one manager who was not particularly kind to me, but they no longer work there. learned how to use walkie-talkies and interact with the public
This is one of the famous sightseeing places in Vancouver. I really enjoyed working inside such an attractive place. They had a nice training day playing games to learn their company policy, history and those facilities inside the park.
Awesome company to work,poor management as a Family business, good benefit package, most staff is part time students so lots of stress, but fun at the same time
The only thing that I didn't like it's that managers sometimes would short your hours without an specific reason. However, it's a great place to work, everyone is nice to you and there's a huge team work between departments as well as within yours.
Lots of great co-workers from the high school. The supervisors were really accessible and fair. I enjoyed all the people I worked with and would happily work there again.
I worked here during the busy seasons (summer & winter) and the jobs were decent. The work wasn't too bad and the people working there are great, making the working environment better that it really was.
Fantastic environment, great co-workers, and fun/engaged leadership. I can't recommend this organization enough!! Especially for people who want to be a part of the tourism industry, or young people looking for a place to develop solid work habits and experiences that will serve as a killer foundation for future endeavors.
Everyone working there, as well as customers were extremely friendly and happy to be at the bridge. It was a great team environment but the management change is not running smoothly and there are many visible conflicts between managers and employees.
This job requires high energy at all times and the ability to stand on your feet for long hours, ensure that you are prepared for the weather as the park is opened 364 days a year!
The Capilano Suspension Bridge is one of the more beautiful areas in Vancouver. There are tons of things for visitors to do during their time on the grounds. Very friendly and helpful staff as well as delicious food and amazing views.
Terrible training structure - I was alone on my first 8 hour shift (opening) with no formal training or paperwork and not one supervisor came to check on me. It’s a good thing I have cafe experience as a supervisor or else it would have been difficult. They promise shifts but I got one 5 hour shift in a week when my availability was opened. The hr manager Lost my personal banking info, no regard to that and just over all seems like they don’t know what their doing.
A nice place to work and great if you are a student living on the North Shore! Not a lot of pressure and can be fast-paced, May thru September and November/December. Very diverse company when it comes to people. All ages, all walks of life, all genders, all types of personalities. An inviting and warm place to be. One thing here is they never ever question safety. Probably one of the safest places to work. 99% of the guests are happy and very friendly so not a lot of stress here. Lots of junior managers and all are friendly and helpful. Senior managers are aloof and not so friendly. But you hardly if ever deal with them so no big deal. Can't beat the staff discounts and the hand warmers when it is cold and the cold drinks and freezie treats when it is hot. Great staff facilities, lounges, kitchen, change rooms, and they supply you a uniform. They also offer very flexible scheduling in the busy season. So you can definitely have great work and life balance here. The only failing here is the wages. Everyone gets the same wage. No matter how much experience you have. 1st-year employee or 20 years experience, you get paid the same in maintenance, parking, guest services, shuttle, etc. Minimum Wage is BC is $12.65 it will go up to $13.85 June 1, 2019. Right now the average wage a Capilano Bridge is $13.75 an hour. So this multimillion dollar company fails miserably when it comes to wages. Most other tourism companies pay a minimum of $15.00 an hour. Other than food service there are no chances of tipping her either. The wages are the number - more...
Pros
Great Environment, free drinks warm or cold, generous discounts.
Cons
Wages