Cape Breton University Employee Review

View all Cape Breton University reviews

Sharing the culture
Mi'gmaw Aboriginal Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia30 March 2016
I had the opportunity to represent all First Nations students that attended CBU. Having sat on the student union for 3 years was a learning experience. Teaching and sharing the knowledge and understanding of the First Nation student body that attend the University was a bit of a struggle, the ignorance was still there, at monthly meetings I would bring forward the concerns the FN students brought forward. Many of the concerns had been addressed and dealt with. Having host many cultures events within the University has also help the whole student body, also inviting the students and union reps to the Unama'ki College which is part of the University and meeting with the students openly, hosting treaty month and other important ceremonies that we have, many included singing/drumming and dancing in our traditional regalia and foods.
Pros
Acknowledge who we are as FN peoples and our ways of life.
Cons
The ignorance is still there.

Other Cape Breton University Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Lead Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS22 March 2019
I just love working for Cape Breton University. It is a very friendly place to work. Lots of chances to further your career. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know so many people.
The Business
In Business (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 August 2018
working with people and leaning more about finances, I would also like to include that the traveling is such an experience. working in different provinces.
Pros
Free lunches also hotel rooms
Cons
Takes time but its worth it