CanWest Concrete Cutting and Coring Employee Reviews

Cancerous place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2019
I would not suggest working here, management are all incompetent, want a raise? Good luck, want to be properly trained ha you wish, they work you to the bone for little money, the owner is a spaz he will fire you for looking at him wrong or doing the wrong thing. I would never work here again.
Pros
There are none
Cons
The company
Terrible managment and low pay
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB6 March 2019
If you’re starting out as a labour i suggest going somewhere else. They work you till your dead at 18-20$ an hour, and you probably wont see a raise. They promise a operator job at 6 months but instead fire you for no reason. Never have anything ready for job sites always unorganized. If you do window jobs you lose money on a long work day. They couldnt care about you, as long as you do the job and make the company money thats all they care about. Most operators are awesome though.
Pros
Most operators are good to work with
Cons
Long hours, bad managment, low pay
handwork great people
Concrete Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 August 2018
Hours are unexpected but the pay is amazing the employers are easy going and acceptable. the co-workers and great people, meeting some of the nicest people I've met.
Not the safest place to work
Wall saw/Core Drill operator (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB6 February 2018
Safety is not always up to date but if something is really unsafe they will try to fix what it is , waged between workers is unfair new hires start at 20 an hour but start higher if they are short on guys , worked here almost 2 years and new guys make more then me
productive and fst pasted.
Concrete cutter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta18 April 2013
Lots of mud and heavy lifting.
How to manipulate concrete and use a wall saw, coring drill, and curb saw.
Management was great.
Co-workers were bit rough around the edges but a good group non the less.
Hardest part was all the heavy lifting. If you have a weak back this is not for you.
Best part: good old fashion hard work.
It was an enjoyable and diverse company to work for. I enjoyed a very personable and easy to work with staff and employers.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2012
The company is privately owned with very hands-on involvement. The company was continually growing and expanding into different areas of service. (ie. mudjacking services, asphalt/concrete milling services along with the concrete cutting & coring). The diversity made the job interesting & challenging and with my move to Red Deer I am hoping to find a positive and interesting work environment to utilize the knowledge and abilities that I have gained from my past employment.
Pros
great workplace and company barbeques.