Canucks Sports & Entertainment Employee Reviews

Great job to have as part time.
Hospitality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 March 2018
Great job to have as part-time.
Flexible schedule and some entertaining events to work in.
Having to work with a lot of people. Network is a must to succeed.
Pros
Free food
Cons
A lot of people.
Fun place to work
Event Host (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 October 2017
Each shift brought a different experience. If you like hockey and music it's the best place to work. It is an event based position so there are times when you would not be working for maybe a month. You also get 50% off food when working and the christmas parties have incredible prizes to win.
Fun and exciting!
Premium Client Services Concierge (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 July 2017
Loved working in this environment as it completely challenged me on another level. I developed excellent customer service skills in this position and I learned what it takes to create those 'wow' moments for fans. I learned to think on my feet and manage large crowds all at the same time.
Pros
The employee perks
Cons
Long nights especially concert nights
Fun people and exciting environment
Media Relations Associate (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 April 2017
Youthful culture with a fun working environment. Co-workers were supportive and general buzz around the office was excitement. Heavy seasonality to the role due to the hockey season.
Pros
Fun, engaging atmosphere
Cons
Advancement was unclear
Best part-time job!
Premium Service Concierge (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 March 2017
You choose your shifts based on your availability so you control your work/life balance. Great co-workers, supervisors and management. I've made some wonderful friends from my job here. Everyone who works here is super friendly, from senior management down. It's great meeting and interacting with the fans. Everyone is in high spirits. It's just the best work environment. Plus Canucks pays well above average.
Pros
Periodic ticket give aways
Busy and fast work at large corporation
QUICK SERVICE ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2017
Very busy, you go in during gametime to do shift work with a bunch of other employees. Culture is Canucks, you feel easily replaceable but at the same time it's an easy job.
Great environment
Premium Client Service Concierge (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 January 2017
The Canucks is one of the best jobs I have had the pleasure to be apart of. It really is a family environment there. The long hours is why I decided to choose work life balance.
Fun workplace and good benefits
Food and Beverage Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 January 2017
Canucks is a very friendly workplace. I'm student and I would recommend this experience for all students. They have a very organized schedule system control. I've been improved a lot my customer service skill.
Pros
Organization
Cons
Few hours a month
This is place is beyond disorganized
Hospitality supervisor/seasonal (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2017
The managers are total jerks! They dont train you properly or help you. They get mad at you when you dont know what your doing, come onn you havent even trained me properly. .Moneys good but the management need to be changed. They are awful and when they speak to you they are rude and disrespectful. Worst job.
Pros
money is good
Cons
incompentent managers
Love my coworkers
hospitality (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 June 2016
Best part is the people. From the crazy hockey fans to my fellow coworkers to the supervisors to the managers to the security guards and even the players. I got to meet all walks of life. And even had spontaneous opportunity to run into awesome people like Joey Kanward and the Canucks players. Very friendly and pleasant, for everyone. Great job if you have a full time job already or full time student and/or a huge canucks fan. But hours are scarce in off season and for the lack of hours monthly I feel we should get paid more hourly to compensate.
Pros
coworkers are awesome. managers are great. fun and fast paced
Cons
lack of hours. and concert nights the people get crazy; makes the job unpleasant
Canucks
Quick Service Hospitality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 April 2016
It is a great, fun, face paced environment.
Must be able to multi-task all the time.
Awesome if you're a Canucks fan or music fan.
Pros
Environment
Enjoyable
Beer Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 March 2016
A typical day working for Canucks Sports and Entertainment consisted of: Prepping work space for high-paced environment, pouring alcoholic beverages for customers, handling and accounting for large amounts of cash and being responsible for the happiness of my customers if problems arise.

In this job I learned to work in a very high paced environment and how to work as a team to get the job done.

The most difficult part of my job with Canucks Sports and Entertainment was attempting to make every customers experience with our station a good one. With the price of our alcohol and the amount of customers, it was difficult to make every customers experience great.

The most enjoyable part of my Job with Canucks was dealing with people. I loved talking to different people and seeing how they were enjoying the game or event at Rogers arena.
Pros
50% lunch
Cons
Scheduling system was not leniant
Very fun, rewarding place to work with lots of helpful people
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 March 2016
This was my very first internship, and of the two I have done, by far my favorite. I worked as a sales intern in the summer if 2014 and I had no idea what I was doing at the start of it. The employees there were always so helpful with any questions or concerns I had and I credit the staff there to helping me learn so much in that 6 months. Would definitely recommend working here.
out going people
Quick Service Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 January 2016
Only work when there are games and most shifts are 4-5 hours. 4-7 shifts per month. Very easy to balance life and work. But when you want to find more shifts its very hard. Management is reasonable, people are nice.
Pros
short shift good pay discount on food
Cons
no discount on concerts
Fun and exciting place to work!!
Server (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 August 2015
It is a fun and exciting place of employment, surrounded by lots of customers and colleagues who are out to enjoy themselves, as the job is event based. It is a huge company and management seems to be very organized and works hard to build a positive, enthusiastic and hard working team to ensure we provide the best service possible. There are chances for movement between job titles, so I assume there is room for growth and advancement if the opportunity presented itself.
Great social workplace
Quick Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 August 2015
A great social workplace with many opportunities for new friendships and bonding with the crew members. Flexible work schedule and great hourly wage of $16.25 an hour. Can be quite busy during the games but that only improved my job skills.
Pros
Many opportunities to get to know workers, flexible schedule
Cons
Seasonal, only night time shifts, shifts are generally 5 hours at night time
A fun place to work
Suite Runner (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 May 2015
A diverse group of people who really work hard to provide a good experience for visitors. The managers are very respectful and professional
Fun and Positive Environment to work at
Quick Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 April 2015
We worked on a rotation of the different food stands, always got to work at a new place with new people. Shift management was usually different shift to shift but that made it fun to meet new people, never got the chance to really connect with a manager or team though. Really fun environment to work in, the excitement of the crowds rubbed off on everyone on shift and all the management staff was amazing and got everyone pumped up as well. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Exciting place to work
Cons
Extremely busy, stressful periods
Demanding, fast pace, fun and rewarding.
CDP (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 February 2015
It is a wonderful workplace for every level of worker. Fast paced, demanding and entertaining all at the same time. Management is highly appreciative of the work force and rewards are pleasant.
Pros
Good environment, work culture, management and colleagues.
Cons
Mostly seasonal, depends on home matched and seasonal performance.
Awesome
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BC11 February 2015
A typical day at work was awesome. I learned that management is very supportive and tries to help out. Co-workers were great. There was nothing hard about the job and most enjoyable part of the job were the memories.
Pros
Woring for the Canucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canucks Sports & Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4