Canucks Sports & Entertainment

Canucks Sports & Entertainment Employee Reviews

Canada44 reviews
Fast Pace and Fun
Worked in the sports bar. Fun and busy, good experience.

Not consistent with hours, can have a very slow month with no work.

I learned a lot of different things.
Supportive Management
Very supportive management team. I always feel supported by them if a situation comes up where management is the next sep. They are always willing to listen, help and empower me to take charge of the situation and work with them to enrich a fans experience, or remedy a problem.
Productive and fun workplace
Fast-pace environment with team work. Friendly and fun atmosphere.
The company provides an outstanding safe work environment and encourage employees empowerment.
Great place to grow
First job I ever had that I woke up in the morning wanting to go to work. Great leadership team. Fun and exciting place to work, always something to do. Recommend to any young person looking for a career.
Pros
Tickets to games, concerts, ski day, Canuck days ( extra long weekends )
Cons
Can be long hours
review
I got this Job through one of me previous Chefs and Mentors! She told me that the sportsbar was looking for people...So I gave it a shot! It was ONE of my dreams to work for the Vancouver Canucks!!
So everyday I look forward to going to work! Plus everyone is awesome! They ALL work together! Plus there’s a “team” mentality!
A fun work place
you get to pick your shifts which allows flexibility in your everyday life. A great team environment. Management is very helpful and support learning new skills and cross training
Enjoyable
A really awesome place to work, but not a lot of continuous work unless you are higher up. Enjoyed interacting with guests at games and concerts. Would suggest as a second
Good atmosphere!
I will recommend the Canucks Company, always.
The atmosphere is great, welcoming and, above all, a lot of fun.

They pay above the market and, are extremely punctual with the payment.

I would go back to work there if I could, but currently, live far from downtown Vancouver so, unfortunately.
Amazing people and management
Perfect job in all aspects.
Management were always kind and treat all employees with respect.

Even if it was hardworking, it was always fun and exciting.
Friendly coworkers and energetic environment to work in. Good place for part-time work after work. Work culture is always striving to succeed in many ways.
Fun Place to Work
Being an Event Host is fun as you get to enjoy Canucks games, concerts, and other events for free. The supervisors are great and supportive, but there are a lot of hosts so it is hard to make a connection with supervisors. Otherwise, working for the Aquilinis is what it is; I wouldn't recommend working for them personally as they are very difficult to be around and are obnoxious and rude.
Pros
Free Events to watch
Cons
Working for snobs
Only worried about their bottom line
Not a lot of structure and consistency. CEO and President are very much controlling of every aspect of the business. Lack of leadership and communication from the top. Not a company of much recognition or feedback. Family members that are employed make it a toxic environment at times.
Pros
iconic brand
Cons
low salary, long hours
Fun place to work, but all over the place
I had fun working there, but the policies were all over the place and changed constantly, which was hard to deal with as I was in a managerial role and didn't have time to train my team members the way I'd like to.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Wierd Schedule
Great Jobs
amazing job opportunities here. tons of room for growth. be it work is seasonal due to hockey season, concerts etc. so its not a full time job at all. but great for part time students imo
A great place to work
I love working at Canucks, it is a fun, relaxed environment, even though we do a lot of hard work. Coworkers and managers are always friendly and supportive.
Absolutely a great experience
It's one of a kind experience! The management is so reliable and generous. If I have the opportunity to work again in Canucks Sports and Entertainment I will definitely love to.
Pros
half price of foods
Cons
Amazing work place! Energetic and positive !
Overall a fantastic work environment ! Management & colleagues are very supportive, everyone work well as a team. The most enjoyable part of job is relationship building with our guests!
Fun work environment
I enjoyed my time working here. I enjoyed growing my skills in customer service and security. The many skills that I obtained here will transfer over to my future career.
Respectful
I believe that Canucks Sports & Entertainment provide with the right work environment that is free from any form of bullying and harassment and discrimination and that they are treated in a fair and respectful manner at all times.
Great job to have as part time.
Great job to have as part-time.
Flexible schedule and some entertaining events to work in.

Having to work with a lot of people. Network is a must to succeed.
Pros
Free food
Cons
A lot of people.
Fun place to work
Each shift brought a different experience. If you like hockey and music it's the best place to work. It is an event based position so there are times when you would not be working for maybe a month. You also get 50% off food when working and the christmas parties have incredible prizes to win.