Cantest

Cantest Employee Reviews

Overall good experience working for Cantest as a meter calibration technician but improvements can be made. Up to date fleet trucks. Good earning potential ($50,000 - $80,000 yearly), monthly base salary + commission pay for completing sites and assigned work, year end safety bonus, work more/ make more kind of environment. The year end safety bonus is a good perk (typically between $2500-$5000) but could be deducted at managements discretion (the amount could vary from $5 to $5000 depending on how they feel). Winter months can be really slow. Pretty liniment vacation time. Not much growth potential and limited work experience. Good opportunity for entry level technicians, paid training, poor training program, your trained by an in field technician whose goal is to complete the work as fast as possible and go home as it's a commission based job with no reward to the person training the individual. Be prepared to spend time away from home staying in cheap motels and eating at fast food restaurants. If the equipment breaks down or doesn't work, be prepared to waste a couple hours without being paid. Not much growth potential and limited work experience. You are basically your own boss about 99% of the time. Co-workers and supervisors are a good bunch, pretty laid back and extremely helpful.
Pros
Good overall learning curve, paid training, Flexible work schedule, good earning potential, vacation time, independence
Cons
A lot of time away from home, not much growth opportunity, work more/ earn more kind of job, slow in winter, poor job training
Was tired of being threatened to be fired constantly and seeing how management treats their new technology side was brutal, they are all trying to get out. Pay was misleading, I'm maybe making 60 percent of what was advertised
Pros
Minimal involvement with the company president
Cons
Pay and benefits not as advertised, extremely low company morale
I witnessed more junior developers here experience very negative treatment from management in the form of passive aggressiveness and insults all sent over chat apps. Management uses the threat of firing and literally impossible deadlines to try and force productivity. There is very little respect or trust placed in the employees here. I also was punished when asking for help or explanations as to dev decisions made and found it hard to integrate into this company compared to others in the past although my experience as a dev in this country is limited I have heard some management say racist things and complain about employees not knowing english yet openly hire recent immigrants because they will work for less pay. This is totally unacceptable in any workplace but nobody is held accountable due to structure of management. benefits are decent but were not given when promised. I was forced to wait and was never told why. If youre experienced and have a good head, and prefer to come in to work and buckle down without asking questions, you could fit in well here. Their work culture would have been perfect for a 1970s tech company. there are however some wonderful people in the rank and file of the company, but constant negativity seems to be stuck inside the small dev team which is a shame. the company has great potential under the right leadership.
Pros
catered lunches twice monthly paid for by employee
Cons
very unreasonable and petty management
I thought working for Cantest Solutions was an overall good experience. They are an up to date company where safety is a priority. They are fair and easy to deal with.
Pros
Hour lunch
I enjoyed working for this company very much and owe many of my skill set for this company. This company has thought me so many things and enhanced my abilities. You are able to advanced to different departments. Management is great, they provide great training and is up to date. Company is very organize as well. Co workers are fun and laid back. Hours are flexible.
Pros
Great work benefits, salary, and employers/employees
Cons
Nothing to say
  1. Employee reviews