Cantest Employee Reviews

Abusive workplace
Technician (Former Employee) –  Canada15 November 2018
Was tired of being threatened to be fired constantly and seeing how management treats their new technology side was brutal, they are all trying to get out. Pay was misleading, I'm maybe making 60 percent of what was advertised
Pros
Minimal involvement with the company president
Cons
Pay and benefits not as advertised, extremely low company morale
I would avoid this company unless you're experienced and have thick skin
Web Developer/Designer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB26 August 2018
I witnessed more junior developers here experience very negative treatment from management in the form of passive aggressiveness and insults all sent over chat apps. Management uses the threat of firing and literally impossible deadlines to try and force productivity. There is very little respect or trust placed in the employees here. I also was punished when asking for help or explanations as to dev decisions made and found it hard to integrate into this company compared to others in the past although my experience as a dev in this country is limited

I have heard some management say racist things and complain about employees not knowing english yet openly hire recent immigrants because they will work for less pay. This is totally unacceptable in any workplace but nobody is held accountable due to structure of management.

benefits are decent but were not given when promised. I was forced to wait and was never told why.

If youre experienced and have a good head, and prefer to come in to work and buckle down without asking questions, you could fit in well here. Their work culture would have been perfect for a 1970s tech company.

there are however some wonderful people in the rank and file of the company, but constant negativity seems to be stuck inside the small dev team which is a shame. the company has great potential under the right leadership.
Pros
catered lunches twice monthly paid for by employee
Cons
very unreasonable and petty management
Decent work environment, temporary position
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB30 March 2018
I thought working for Cantest Solutions was an overall good experience. They are an up to date company where safety is a priority. They are fair and easy to deal with.
Pros
Hour lunch
Great work benefits and good work atmosphere
AR Assistant, Client Service Admin & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 February 2015
I enjoyed working for this company very much and owe many of my skill set for this company. This company has thought me so many things and enhanced my abilities. You are able to advanced to different departments. Management is great, they provide great training and is up to date. Company is very organize as well. Co workers are fun and laid back. Hours are flexible.
Pros
Great work benefits, salary, and employers/employees
Cons
Nothing to say