CANSTAR RESTORATIONS Employee Reviews

Work hard, pays less
Restoration Worker (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC17 April 2019
Never a dull moment
Very unorganized with time lines
Pay doesn’t reflect the amount of work done, the staff that works hard doesn’t reflect the pay
Lots of travel time not paid for
Pros
Free coffee and popcorn Friday’s
Cons
Long hours, dirt jobs, pay isn’t worth the jobs
Fun , Laughter , Family !
Jr. Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 March 2019
Waking up and having to go to work shouldn't be a chore. Working at Canstar has been a thrill for me right from my interview. As soon as you walk in everyone is smiling and says good morning! Great way to Start your day. Even though I haven't been here too long , they have welcomed me in like family. You can't get the feeling much anymore. Every day is different and I enjoy the new challenges that come each day.
Pros
Family like environment, Fun atmosphere
One of the Best restoration companies out there
Restoration Technician (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 March 2019
As a restoration technician, I get to help people everyday after they experience water damage or fire damage. The hours can be really long, but this company really cares about the people. They offer sick days and RRSPs which other companies don't. And the managers really care about their people. I would recommend!!!!!!!
Pros
Friendly culture
Cons
Long hours can be tough
Excellent work environment with family like atmosphere
Administration / Call Centre / Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 March 2018
I have never had a job where I could wake up in the morning and never think to myself "I don't want to work today" util I start working at Canstar Restorations.
Pros
With a large variety of tasks, there's never a dull moment
Cons
My chair is uncomfortable
Great company to work for and wonderful people to work with
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 March 2018
Canstar truly fosters a great team spirit. Everyone works together, supports each other, laughs together and you can't help but feel like you have a family at work. Management has an open-door policy and I feel like they really listen to their employees and take any concerns/suggestions seriously. There is also a very strong safety focus and that is an important element, especially in this industry. If you are willing to learn and work hard, there is ample room for advancement or moving within different departments. They also have some pretty great benefits and programs for advancing your career and hands-on learning. If you're looking for a great team environment and somewhere positive to grow your career, then Canstar truly is a great fit.
Pros
Great team, friendly work atmostphere, room for advancement, social activities, community involvement
Supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 March 2018
work changes all the time and everyday is different. Had the opportunity to learn throughout my six years with canstar. Really awesome people and team to work with. decent benefits but the pay could be better.
Pros
People, co-workers, breakfasts
Cons
review pay more often
The WORST company to work for in BC
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC/Coquitlam, BC8 February 2018
This is easily the worst place I have ever worked in my entire life and I’ve worked for some terrible companies over the last 20 years. NOTHING but lies and corporate jargon to get people to join their company and then they go back on every promise they made to get you to sign on. Raises? NOPE! Performance reviews? WORK HARDER FOR WAY LESS $ THAN INDUSTRY STANDARDS! Best part was the minute I was let go, the competition scooped me up for better pay and an ACTUAL COMPANY PROVIDED FUEL CARD! Imagine that DEATHSTAR, actually paying for the fuel for your employees to go to job sites instead of making them pay for it themselves so you can see profit margins! Shame on you as a company for lying to honest people that have families to support! IN SHORT THIS IS A TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK AND I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE!
Pros
Some good people for sure
Cons
Alot of lying by managment!
it used to be a good place to work, new management is bad
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC24 July 2017
worse managment in town . your skills and time put in the company aren't aprreciated at all.
compensantion is based on how managers like you .
comunication is really bad.
Pros
popcorn on firdays if you swing by the shop
Cons
everything else
Great people, environment.
HazMat Technician (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC6 July 2017
Great people to work with. Fantastic company growth vision. Increased my knowledge through many fields of restoration. Opportunity to move up within the company seems scarce. Many long term employees are still hoping to move up one day.
Great atmosphere! Supporting Manager
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 December 2016
A wonderful work environment with excellent management support. Each day is exciting with lots of challenges making it never a dull moment.

As a new employee, I have felt very welcomed by all the staff and enjoy getting to know wonderful co-workers.

The company likes to promote within so looking forward to seeing what opportunities come up in the future.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Contents Technician
Restoration Technician (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC2 September 2016
Ive been working for canstar for over a decade. Ive seen some comings and going but with all the changes within the years they've always treated their employees like family. If I ever pursue work outside the restoration field, ill still sing the praises of my current employer for years to come. From motivational breakfast staff meetings , employee bonus programs, incredible year end parties, a yearly employee/ family playland gathering and the iconic lobster fest they host to allow staff to integrate and mingle with other industry professionals.
They demand the best costumer service and the highest quality of work. Hard work, knowledge and geniality is always recognised.
Pros
wages, bonus programs, schooling/paid for training opportunities, social committee events
Cons
oncall rotations, inconsistent raises/reviews, turn over
Inviting work atmosphere
Technician (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 August 2016
Many of the issues the company has had over the last 2 years has been rectified, many of the unpleasant people to work for/with have been vacated and the direction of the company is very positive, with new management in place in almost every department, who work well together to get things done. atmosphere is very positive lately and definitely on the up. The amount of work available if you want it is very high, as on call emergencies are common and people are always looking to give those shifts away.
Happy to be here
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC18 August 2016
I've been with the company for three years and have really advanced in my career. I'm always happy to be coming into a positive environment with the people I work with. Everyday I learn something new and it's never a dull moment.
Pros
Awesome group of people
Cons
Better benefits
Always learning something new
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC10 June 2016
Everyday on the job is different. Always going to new jobs and learning something new.
Fun team, flexible with time off for family. Physically demanding but good overtime.
Pros
Quarterly meetings, RRSP matching
Not a happy Place
Emergency Services Technical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC10 August 2015
I have been with the company for almost 3 years and it feels like i have hit a wall and have no room to advance within the company
Great people
Contents Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC2 June 2014
great people to work and not for . my supervisor continually promised to hire me and then when I really pressed her on it. I was fired the next day
Canstar provided everything needed to complete jobs
flood and fire restoration carpenter (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC10 March 2014
-8 AM-distribution of job scopes
-Pick up tools, materials and labourers to do job
-Head to jobsite
-Check job for missing materials; purchase any required materials
-Do the job

Canstar had everything required to do any household or commercial repair. They had screened their staff and have a well balanced cooperative workforce. They have a tool crib and a material holing area for common materials in order to speed the reconstruction process up.
Pros
Constant upgrade of staff skill levels; meals supplied in emerg. jobs
Cons
I encountered no difficulties at Canstar.
Productive and enjoyable fellow employees (excluding management)
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 January 2014
a typical day sucked, keep your mouth shut and be thankful to get thru another day without blowing your stack and losing your job....I learned that you can do your best but it means nothing. I learned that you cannot trust everyone. If u have an opinion then your trouble and you need to be terminated. ...The management is very poor, shallow, prejudice and unorganized. There is no consistency within management or the company for that matter what so ever. its each man for himself. Lead by example is only a phrase in this company.....All company policies and credos.... just writing on the walls...means nothing to management.. At one point this company was one of the best companies in BC to work for, and i participated in voting them in as such...Disappointment levels are very high and workers are very unhappy in this company.....My coworkers....an absolute joy to work with and learn from. the hardest part of the job was the lack of support, and respect and the constant inconsistencies and gossip within the entire company. Having everybody know your business before you did....Leaving a team that i worked so hard with for so long and the accomplishments we made without the support of management...The most enjoyable part of the job, was the team i got to know and love. The team that i was able to be part of for so many years....the customers that we were able to make a positive difference in their lives after suffering such despair.....
Pros
Breakfast meetings every three months. Bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes, coffee, and juice.
Cons
Management, lack of respect and appreciation etc., etc., etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CANSTAR RESTORATIONS. Our community is ready to answer.

CANSTAR RESTORATIONS Reviews by Location