CANSTAR RESTORATIONS

CANSTAR RESTORATIONS Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
Fast paced long hours but good teamwork
Good teamwork needed and ability to handle long hours and hard work. If you don't mind the pace it's a good honest job. On call is mandatory in the emergency department as new claims continue after hours.
Great place and people
Varied work very safety conscious, good culture, enjoyed the exposure to different circumstances, different sectors ,great culture, verg respectful, often recommended company to others
Work here if you enjoy getting fired for their improper training!
If you have less experience than someone else there and a problem arises between you two, be prepared to not be believed!

Warehouse workers are lazy so I ended up doing their job, in order to do my job. Which eats up my precious time to meet MY count. Which never happened.

Not allowed to change, or use PPE (because thats for the road workers only!) to properly protect yourself from human feces that come in from the sewer back up jobs.

Youre given a set amount of time to clean customers furniture, dishes, and other personal belongings. Told you HAVE to lift, and bring items over to a table (10-20 ft away) to clean and put back in correct spot, instead of just bending over to clean. Because contractors come in and "it makes you seem lazy".

One of the crew members would scoop up all the small items (i.e. candle holders, figurines), to meet their count for the day. Which left giant, bulky, TIME CONSUMING items (Standing wardrobe, dressers)for the rest of the crew. No one else made counts for the day.

No full explanations on task that managers will ask you to do.

Managers have their nose in the air, and never help coworkers when problems arise.

This company has a bad case of in house fighting.
Pros
Co-workers bring in their dogs sometimes.
Cons
Coworkers behave very cliquey. Worse than highschool.
Keep busy
Great place to work if you want to focus on the job at hand. Lots of room to learn and grow if you're willing to work. They pay for your schooling if you want to keep going as a career. Not for lazy people or liars. Loyalty is rewarded here.
Changing culture
Canstar had a inviting culture that took the needs of the staff into account . But under new management a new style of running the company has dropped moral and a drain on quality employees
Fun work culture in a job helping people
It's rewarding to be part of a team that gets to help people after they've experienced a disaster.

Lots of room for career development in this company with many different avenues to pursue from field work to office administration to project coordination with 50-100% tuition reimbursement offered to get you there.

This is a place where you have to work hard and the work load keeps you busy all day.

I loved the annual PlayLand day for Canstar employees and their families where ride passes and a bbq lunch was provided for all to enjoy-so fun!
Pros
Popcorn Fridays and Coffee bar in office
Cons
Not enough field staff
Amazing opportunity
Amazing company to work for great people great environment very welcoming long hours but compensated well for effort I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a long term constant job
nice people
Nice place to work, people are very friendly and nice. Have many fun events organized by management who are very professional and generally very kind.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CANSTAR RESTORATIONS?
Work hard, pays less
Never a dull moment
Very unorganized with time lines

Pay doesn’t reflect the amount of work done, the staff that works hard doesn’t reflect the pay

Lots of travel time not paid for
Pros
Free coffee and popcorn Friday’s
Cons
Long hours, dirt jobs, pay isn’t worth the jobs
Fun , Laughter , Family !
Waking up and having to go to work shouldn't be a chore. Working at Canstar has been a thrill for me right from my interview. As soon as you walk in everyone is smiling and says good morning! Great way to Start your day. Even though I haven't been here too long , they have welcomed me in like family. You can't get the feeling much anymore. Every day is different and I enjoy the new challenges that come each day.
Pros
Family like environment, Fun atmosphere
One of the Best restoration companies out there
As a restoration technician, I get to help people everyday after they experience water damage or fire damage. The hours can be really long, but this company really cares about the people. They offer sick days and RRSPs which other companies don't. And the managers really care about their people. I would recommend!!!!!!!
Pros
Friendly culture
Cons
Long hours can be tough
Dealing with Emergencies
Working for Canstar was always Interesting. A new emergency everyday. Helping people get through hard times . Coordination for repairs as quickly as possible in order to let them get back to a regular enjoyable life.
Excellent work environment with family like atmosphere
I have never had a job where I could wake up in the morning and never think to myself "I don't want to work today" util I start working at Canstar Restorations.
Pros
With a large variety of tasks, there's never a dull moment
Cons
My chair is uncomfortable
Great company to work for and wonderful people to work with
Canstar truly fosters a great team spirit. Everyone works together, supports each other, laughs together and you can't help but feel like you have a family at work. Management has an open-door policy and I feel like they really listen to their employees and take any concerns/suggestions seriously. There is also a very strong safety focus and that is an important element, especially in this industry. If you are willing to learn and work hard, there is ample room for advancement or moving within different departments. They also have some pretty great benefits and programs for advancing your career and hands-on learning. If you're looking for a great team environment and somewhere positive to grow your career, then Canstar truly is a great fit.
Pros
Great team, friendly work atmostphere, room for advancement, social activities, community involvement
Supervisor
work changes all the time and everyday is different. Had the opportunity to learn throughout my six years with canstar. Really awesome people and team to work with. decent benefits but the pay could be better.
Pros
People, co-workers, breakfasts
Cons
review pay more often
The WORST company to work for in BC
This is easily the worst place I have ever worked in my entire life and I’ve worked for some terrible companies over the last 20 years. NOTHING but lies and corporate jargon to get people to join their company and then they go back on every promise they made to get you to sign on. Raises? NOPE! Performance reviews? WORK HARDER FOR WAY LESS $ THAN INDUSTRY STANDARDS! Best part was the minute I was let go, the competition scooped me up for better pay and an ACTUAL COMPANY PROVIDED FUEL CARD! Imagine that DEATHSTAR, actually paying for the fuel for your employees to go to job sites instead of making them pay for it themselves so you can see profit margins! Shame on you as a company for lying to honest people that have families to support! IN SHORT THIS IS A TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK AND I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE!
Pros
Some good people for sure
Cons
Alot of lying by managment!
it used to be a good place to work, new management is bad
worse managment in town . your skills and time put in the company aren't aprreciated at all.
compensantion is based on how managers like you .

comunication is really bad.
Pros
popcorn on firdays if you swing by the shop
Cons
everything else
Great people, environment.
Great people to work with. Fantastic company growth vision. Increased my knowledge through many fields of restoration. Opportunity to move up within the company seems scarce. Many long term employees are still hoping to move up one day.
Great atmosphere! Supporting Manager
A wonderful work environment with excellent management support. Each day is exciting with lots of challenges making it never a dull moment.

As a new employee, I have felt very welcomed by all the staff and enjoy getting to know wonderful co-workers.

The company likes to promote within so looking forward to seeing what opportunities come up in the future.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Contents Technician
Ive been working for canstar for over a decade. Ive seen some comings and going but with all the changes within the years they've always treated their employees like family. If I ever pursue work outside the restoration field, ill still sing the praises of my current employer for years to come. From motivational breakfast staff meetings , employee bonus programs, incredible year end parties, a yearly employee/ family playland gathering and the iconic lobster fest they host to allow staff to integrate and mingle with other industry professionals.
They demand the best costumer service and the highest quality of work. Hard work, knowledge and geniality is always recognised.
Pros
wages, bonus programs, schooling/paid for training opportunities, social committee events
Cons
oncall rotations, inconsistent raises/reviews, turn over
Inviting work atmosphere
Many of the issues the company has had over the last 2 years has been rectified, many of the unpleasant people to work for/with have been vacated and the direction of the company is very positive, with new management in place in almost every department, who work well together to get things done. atmosphere is very positive lately and definitely on the up. The amount of work available if you want it is very high, as on call emergencies are common and people are always looking to give those shifts away.