CANSEL

CANSEL Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
Overall somewhat competitive environment with perhaps extremely high targets.
I started at a company that was purchased by Cansel.

The transition from small close-knit company group to a performance-based sales environment where services were predominately and strategically more important then unit sales was daunting, refreshing, and for sure a significant challenge I was ready to take on.

Participating in weekly sales discussions with management about my performance and my pipeline opportunities was always a challenge but perhaps realistic in a business sales environment.

Extremely high sales performance targets created more pressure to generate more sales as a primary focus in all activities.

Management holds all accountable for sales revenues and volumes within each and every profit cost centre.

Having such a strong portfolio of products available from within the Cansel franchise and not be permitted to sell any of those products into my accounts was always very frustrating and seemingly counter-intuitive.

I was never able to reconcile that in my mind of wanting to go after more deals.
Demanding position for Field Tech with "0" appreciation from Management
Typical work would be traveling all over Canada to various provinces, maintenance and troubleshooting would be stressful at times since when you are there it's not always places that have great connectivity on top of it the only few people who could actually help resolve the issue, 9 out of 10 time wont answer their phone calls. Office culture in Calgary for the most part doesn't exist, everyone is on their own type of deal, people don't really talk to each other much. For me the hardest part of work was trying to understand how to fit-in into environment where everyone keeps to themselves. If you like to travel and being out home 90% of the time then this might be it.
Great team and nice work environment.
I enjoyed my contract SAP work at Cansel very much. The team were welcoming and nice to work with. The most thing I liked was the "get it done attitude" rather than a culture of documenting every little thing to death. Management trusted the team to accomplish what was needed.
great company
wonderful place to work. they have a great staff in the Richmond hill office. Willing to work with you to help you succeed. Management is pleasant and fun to work for.
nice place to work
In Cansel you will be surrounded by a team of professionals with many years of experience working to deliver top of the industry solutions to clients.
I was able to build and maintain excellent relationships with management, peers and clients; which also made my job a lot easier.
No time to yourself
Jobs okay confusing to get use to the material. They say the job is 7-3:30 but you won't actually get to leave till 6:30. Management makes you feel down when making a mistake they treat you like a baby.
Enjoy work and enjoy the people!
It's very performance-oriented (so not for people that don't perform), but no one is micromanaged and everyone is left to accomplish their job in the best way they see fit (within reason). They take care of their customers and most people in the company are fun and chill. It's also cool to know Cansel is contributing to Canada's infrastructure and engineering industry. It's growing really fast and so there seems to be lots of opportunity.
Pros
Great co-workers, flexible hours, chill atmosphere, great benefits, free coffee, free parking, rewarded for performance (culture like Amazon)
Cons
sometimes poor communication from upper management but that seems to be improving
good working enviroment
software and survey based company. overall outlook is to drive the revenue to a set goal. Managers are poor to discuss problems
Productive and fun
My typical day was fast paced meeting deadlines and co-ordinating jobs into production. doing quotes on a daily basis in a timely fashion. performing regular customer service duties as well throughout the day. Had the pleasure of working with a great team of co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the strong relationships I've built over the years with customers. Great sense of feeling efficient and productive.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CANSEL. Our community is ready to answer.