CANPLAS INDUSTRIES

CANPLAS INDUSTRIES Reviews with Jobs

Canada35 reviews

benefithourplacepeoplegoodgreatjobwork

Be prepared to work hard

Good place to be, very fast paced. Staff, management are very understanding. Certain shifts were known to have lots of drama but I never encountered a whole lot myself.

Pros

Straight 12 hour shifts meant lots of days off

Cons

Long hours aren't for everyone

Terrible

People only care about themselves here. If you’re looking for a job environment where you’re not cared for or get treated like garbage then you’ve found it.

Insights into CANPLAS INDUSTRIES

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Nope

Don’t do it. 12 hour shifts. People in there bully. No room to grow. Management doesn’t care about you, they just sit in their air conditioned office and let you struggle.

I worked for canplas for 3 years. Its a very fast pace job, i learned alot working there and will always be greatful for my time there! Great coworkers and company.

Good place to learn and grow, Supportive management

I was setup technician at Canplas for 8 months but it was good learning experience for me, work environment is best, and people are nice to each other, management is supportive.

Pros

Work environment Work standards Safety

Cons

12 hours nights

Hard work

It's hard work but the people make it fun. Many opportunities to trian for different positions. Supervisors are great. Over all its a great place to work :)

Pros

Good benefits, yearly bonus

Cons

Long hours and hot

Easy position to learn, company and a good culture.

This was a great place to work. Management was understanding and helpful. Benefits are good and scheduling time off is done fairly. Pay is good for how easy the job is.

Slavoury

Worked there for 4 days, got a bad back pain. Supervisors are terrible. The job position was machine operator but actually it's a labor job. Simply I can call it slavoury. No real breaks for 12 hr shift. Terrible place I ever worked. Don't waste your time. They will assign four machine for one employee you can't keep up with that. Running back n fourth the whole shift.

Pros

Nome

Cons

Slavoury

One of the best in Barrie

If you are local to Barrie, Canplas is one of the better places to work. Saves going down the highway 400 everyday. The company offers good pay, benefits and work life balance. The entry job is operating machines but there are various other jobs you can progress to.

Pros

Clean, safe, friendly people

Cons

12 hour continental shifts

Ideal workplace

Large company that runs like a small business. Colleagues are nice to work with. Working to help each other out to achieve success. Managers and leaders are respectable and will do what they can to help you succeed in your position. Career provides challenges and opportunities. Benefits are very good. Very competitive salaries.

Pros

Great benefits. Great work environment.

Great teamwork, focus on continued improvement

The shifts are steady no rotation and provides a good balance of work and personal life. The production employees are collaborative and cooperative. The company promotes from within and has a good benefits package

Pros

Great people

Cons

3, 12 hr shifts leave you drained

Find somewhere better.

Training was awful but solid co-workers.Going into this place as a temp, don’t think you’ll get any respect from anyone either then other temps.Unless you’ve had prior experience in this field, I do not recommend working here to anybody. One training day (around 2 hours for the group of people I was interviewed with), and then immediately put onto the floor, controlling 3-4 machines, without being properly trained on how to use them.Don’t even think for a second that you can use the bathroom during your shift unless you’re on break. Had a co-worker punished for it. They had sent someone else home and added 2 machines onto the 3 he was already controlling, 1 was on the other side of the building. They had set him up for complete failure that night. One of the shift managers was awesome, came to your side if you had any questions or needed any help, the other just walked around searching for problems and instead of solving them or even saying anything, he’d just stand there with his arms crossed and only get in the way.

Pros

Close to home, tools given to you

Cons

Long hours, You’re just a number, Awful training, Physically and mentally exhausting, Lack of respect

Amazing team l! Great products!

Canplas is an industry leader and it's because the Innovative products and The Sensational people. Loved every minute of it. The entire staff in me feel like I was family. And I was given the opportunity to learn through inclusion

Pros

Inclusion work environment and my office was beautiful

Cons

Low pay temporary contract

awful work environment

Unfriendly people make this already labourous job even worst! Unless you enjoy work place drama, I would skip this job and find something better. Its not worth it!

Interview

You are contacted by a Talent Acquisition Person and then scheduled for a in person interview. It is a group interview which you are not advised of prior. There is also a personality test to be completed prior to the group interview. You are led to believe you are actually applying directly to Canplas BUT in fact through a temp agency that you are required to work through for 6 months and then if hired another 6 month probationary period. No benefits or raise till after 1 year of employment. Total sham and very deceptive. No way to promote a positive work environment!!!

Fun and productive workplace

Great people work there, and they have all been there forever a really long time. Very productive unit. Office manager could spend a little money on coffee though!

Positive experience

management is good and the company has good morale and good cooperation between departments. People are friendly and there is opportunity for career progression.

Pros

Healthy work environment

Horrible Place to work

Worst place ever to work. A lot of horrible people there. Massive rumor mill, people taking secret videos/photos of other co workers and going around showing it to people while making fun of them. A Male co worker of mine was harassing me and I brought it to HR all I ever got back was " waiting to hear from the Plant Manager". Honestly the hardest part of this job is the co workers, they get off on bringing you down! I had to quit :(

Pros

Close to home

Nasty management

Expections of you immediately ridiculous, management nasty and ignorant. Don't put yourself through it, not worth the stress and terrible treatment Bad

Alright place to work

Super fast paced. Not even think about going to the bathroom. The people are terrible and backstabbing. The shifts are long and you have to work every other weekend. Also youll be on night shift when you start

Great!

If your able to run your sets 2-4 machines on your own and you put in the effort, place is excellent. Benefits, good teams great people appreciation days, and inquiries for company improvements. Hard work most time. Opportunities for advancement and cross training etc. I love it here!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CANPLAS INDUSTRIES. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement