Canopy Growth Corporation Employee Reviews

My time at Canopywrowth
IT Department (Former Employee) –  Smith Falls, Ontario11 December 2018
I work at the Tweed location in Smith Falls for about one year and I can honestly say I have never seen in my 25+ year in experience in the high world such an unorganized and all over the map environment.

That said I think the company is really trying to create a great culture. However, once they implement a more senior management team that has a clear direction from upper management to execute sound IT practices.

It made it impossible to do my job correctly and was quite glad when they laid me off.

At this point, I would recommend any senior IT person to work at Canopy. However, in time once it's more establish and the kumbaya stage is over it could be a great company to work for.
Pros
Great culture, good salary. nice poeple
Cons
no direction, un-experience management, no structure
Awesome people
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON13 April 2018
Great place to work!
The Company does a lot of things for their employees as in; baseball tournaments, the Big Bike, and Happy hour once a month! They also do a lot of fundraisers for charities. I think it's a great company to work for.
A place where the best ideas matter more than who pitched them
Management (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON9 October 2018
I started in a junior role and have been trusted with increasingly complex files, international opportunities and an opportunity to take on a team of people for the first time. It is hard, hard work and it's sometimes exhausting but overall this is the sort of job and the sort of company that comes around once in a career if you're lucky.
Pros
The ability to change the world's view of cannabis
Cons
7 days a week is a reality at times.
Not a good company to work for, stay away
QC Manager (Current Employee) –  BC16 November 2018
Management isn’t very sorted out, lots of hiring and firing. Undereducated people are rather promoted. If you try to bring your ode into place your manager will steal it. Managers always try to put you down as they have poor no knowledge themselves. Zero communication, cheap company lots of abusive words and loose language is used. All u need is to lick the qap here and you will be a star. Please stay away if you want your peace of mind and you care for your self respect.
Pros
Nothing good
Cons
Poor management with no skill set, unorganized environment trying to be over smart
So very disappointed
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON11 August 2018
Left a great job to work for this amazing company on the cusp of greatness. Two weeks in I knew I had made a huge mistake but I do not give up and I am trying to make it work. Backstabbing, pettiness, lies, while ignoring the fact that many around me are stoned. Corporate wants you to believe in the fun, innovative culture but once you are past the front lobby we are all lemmings. No one is happy, we are all holding on by the skin of our teeth for the next share payout.

They are stoned, it is accepted and it is unnerving.
Pros
Snacks all over the building. Munchies are real!
Cons
Many but at the top of the list is sitting in meetings knowing decision makers are stoned.
Bought into the hype...Big mistake
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  SMITHS FALLS10 September 2018
left a great job for a management role.
was back stabbed and talked about and singled out by my boss.
never given the opportunity to let me ideas grow and flourish.

completely unorganized, meetings for no reason other then to have meetings.

let go and still owed money for expenses they never paid back. extremely disappointed in this company.

They play favorites and if you don't drink the cool-aid you are out!
Pros
free coffee and free parking
Cons
lies, favoritism, shaming in front of other staff very bad HR
Upper Management/HR
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON4 October 2018
Terrible unrealistic work performance expected. No real appreciation for staff. If your not a favourite for the upper management and dont smooze the appropriate people you have no chance at moving forward. Its the Smith Falls niche and if you dont fit in you sure will know it.

There is no respect for work ethic and very litte respect for those who have it. Lots of human rights violation, and blaten favoritism.

Very bad management.
Canopy management has no communication
Senior grower (Current Employee) –  Langley16 October 2018
Don’t believe the hype concerning this overrated company.
If you have a degree or technical skills / training take them somewhere where you are appreciated.
Management in the Aldergrove operation is terrible.
Unskilled management with the Ontario arrogance to match.
Pros
Good coworkers, occasional lunch provided
Cons
Complete money pit of an operation
Awful management, great co-workers
Glazier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC17 September 2018
Management is some of the worst I have ever experienced.
I think they are relying on their stocks and investers to make everything all better while pouring money down the drain.
Total money pit with no communication from management.
Pros
Good coworkers for the most part
Cons
Management & millennial hipsters with no training or skills, onsite drug use.
many expectations, very little pay
tweed tender (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 October 2018
No one knows what they are doing. Some managers have no idea how to manage, all they talk about is how much pot they smoke. Pay is very very low. Co workers are great, so that's the only good thing.
Pros
Work with great people, free shoes
Cons
Inexperienced managers, very low pay, hours cut all the time
Back stabbing politics
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Niagra on The Lake20 June 2018
Better be prepared to play ‘the favoritea’ games. Don’t expect transparency or the truth. Get to like being micro managed after expected to figure it out on your own. Toughen up as you will be used to further individual agendas competing for the elusive target of ‘I’m the best’.

The quality of product is disintegrating as quickly as corporate transparency, accountability & human-ness. Take your talent elsewhere. Buy your product from more thorough producers.
Pros
Support staff are great!
Cons
Empty promises
no accountability, no sense of direction
Consumer Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2018
I'm amazed at the arrogance of Spectrum who charge way too much for products that don't work as advertised. And they advertise too much about their products that suck!
Pros
alternative producers and suppliers
Cons
they are running on bath salts
Poor management, very long days
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON30 October 2018
Since the management has no clue how to organize the production, expect long days (over 12 hours, depending on where you work)
Poor management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON7 April 2018
Poor managment. No future.Managment never around will not bee seen no longterm future short term work. no work life balance no very good culthure for new worker
Low salary and week job titles.
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2018
Your job title will not reflect the type of work you do. They undervalue most of there employees and do not compensate you enough for the amount of responsibilaty given to you.
Pros
Great people in a rapidly growing industry
Cons
Low pay rates
Rapidly growing company
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON26 February 2018
Good company to work for if you are looking to work for one of the top producers in Ontario of Medicinal Cannabis.

Company culture is very fun and relaxed with a strong customer focus.
Okay place to work
Senior Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON31 October 2017
Positive environment. Good people to work with. Upper management is extremely rare to see around building. Pay is average and hours are good. Hard to make it past 3 years