Canopy Growth Corporation

Canopy Growth Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada130 reviews
Lack of management
Unfortunately due to the lack of knowledge, common sense, and effort on managements part the facility I worked at got shut down permanently. The mangers were either far to young and inexperienced or they just had no clue how this industry works. Co workers were disappointing to work with, many saying ‘I don’t get paid enough to do this’. Overall pathetic work ethic from a majority of employees.The hardest thing about this job was looking busy when there wasn’t anything to do.
Great company
Enjoyed my time with Canopy. Would recommend. Good hours and benefits. Management was good however high turnover. Benefit package was good but didn't cover eyes
Toxic environment and risky working place
Execs and upper management lie to employees and make promises they don't honour. They constantly fire people and make motives up - salaries seem good at first glance but there is no job security whatsoever. If you're in Canada, don't bother, they've fired about 1000 people in Canada in the first 4 months of 2020. This was done without any indication that anything was wrong and while being lied to that no one was going to lose their jobs, time and time again. High % of people hired with no experience and what's worse is there is almost no training and process for new hires which becomes a burden on teams. Some people are worked to the bones and have to work nights and weekends while some others socialize almost all day, there is no balance. Upper management is clueless and has little to no experience and some treat employees like trash. Workplace culture is awful, I've heard so many people degrade others and call them names and be bullies and abusive and this is tolerated from managers all the way to HR. I'm very disappointed by this company and wish I had never worked there. If you apply, consider that it is a risk because of the high level of layoffs and firing and don't trust execs and management personnel, they will lie to your face and do it with a smile.
Terrible Place to Work
If I could have voted with zero stars, I would have. Giving them 1 star is too many. Worst experience of my life. Management is useless and couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag. Nepotism runs rampant. Management changes the rules daily to suit their agenda. And God forbid you question them about anything. The answer to that was, 'it is not your place to question, just do it'.
Bullying and harrassment are swept under the rug to protect the department's 'image'. Management does not care about the employees, only their little clique(who 'conveniently' all got promoted to the best jobs). They tell you they have your back, while conspiring behind it. If you are not a 'yes' man, you will never advance and they will probably be trying to find a way to get rid of you.

I have never worked for a more pathetic bunch of people. It's sad...I had such high hopes when I started. Look elsewhere if you want to be treated fairly and promoted because of good work...unless you are a butt-kisser, then you should advance quickly. Don't waste your time applying at this pathetic excuse for a company.
Not great
If you are willing to work your butt off with no chance of promotion or fair pay then step right up. They will suck everything out of you and then just discard you without a backwards look.
Don’t bother
They make it seem amazing and promising from the start to be a part of this great culture. And it is for about a week. Until you realize there are no real processes in place for just about anything. The hours are long, they don’t pay overtime and they thank you by laying you off.
Oky
Operating all hot water boilers and biomass boiler as well as turbine generators .performing water treatment duties I am also working with chillers ,maintaining daily records and troubleshooting issues.
Ok
The job is good I enjoy the atmosphere and the people I work with and would recommend the busy to people to work at the pay could be better with the type of work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Canopy Growth Corporation?
Long harvest hours and worksite hazards
When I started with the farm the original site manager was FANTASTIC.
There was Collaborative group meetings in the morning, safety first, positive work place.

Long hours but we all got along and made it work.

Change of manager to one who did not share the original values or concerns.

Broken promises of continued employment and blatant favoritism brought about the layoff of senior personnel to keep "yes men" in place.

Higher injury rates and less preventative measures.
Very Good
Receiving product, couriers,transport trailers.Input in SAGE program. Inventory control forklifting orders from greenhouse. Management changed often. Many different cultures. Challenges receiving
multiple deliveries at the same time. Working with different people of all ethnicity.
it isnt to bad but the pay and the shifts suck
it dose not pay enough for what they want us to do. we do not rotate shifts so you are stuck. they say you can grow in the company but you can not ....
Terrible place to work for
In simple words, this has been the WORST professional experience I've had in my life. The lack of direction, honesty and logic in this place could make even the toughest person lose their sanity. All these things were also fueled by the ignorance and insidious behavior of some managers.
If you want easy money, then sure, work here.
It's easy money, but the management is toxic. Get blamed for things out of your control. Get threatened with your job constantly.

They say not to come in when you're sick, but if you call in sick, you get guilt tripped for being a "bad team member" and letting your team down. Honestly, if it weren't for the amazing coworkers, I'd of quit long ago.

The product is over priced, and absolute garbage, I can't tell you how many times it's riddled with mold and mildew, or just premature.
High stress , management unfamiliar with scope of work
Misappropriated funds , cash flow for production purposes used inappropriately
Management was not in touch with the reality of doing business - no end game for production lack ability to realize that the product was first priority not if they received a bonus
Good Company, Poor Work Environment
The only piece of advice I would have for someone considering employment at CGC is to assume the option package will be worthless. Re-evaluate the offer with that in mind.
Not worth it
Definitely not worth moving to this company. Upper management needs to revaluate themselves, and their management techniques. They say you have a chance to move up in the company, but in reality you have no chance at all. Stressful and not worth it.
Horrible stay away
Please stay away unless you love to be bullied and harassed and HR who are children and cocaine being used and management who hold you back and are completely incompetent the place is being run into the ground - Run Away
This company is a joke
Management is unqualified tenured staff thrown into positions because of the company growth. They also need a TOUGH lesson on labour laws, as well as an update on their core values because if you do right, you still aren’t good enough. Stay away! Don’t fall for the smoke show. Hopefully this new CEO gets s$it done and starts with his management “team”.
Tweeds words are hollow !!
Management is completely disorganized, with no clear direction. Your left to learn your job with little help, and asking for help is an effort in futility, so don't waste your time. Superiors will be of little help, as they are as uninformed as the new employees. Also this new millennial culture they promote is not worth the paper it is drawn on! As a member of the LGBTQ community l can tell you Canopy Growth talks a good game. But after one and a half years their actions speak louder than their words, their words are hollow. Placing a float in pride parades is like putting lipstick on a pig ...hypocritical. Find work somewhere else.
Fun workplace but very busy and crazy at times
The day-to-day is very busy but the people you work with are great. You just need to put on a smile and carry on with your tasks and not let the negative peeps get to you.
Canada's first sweatshop
Fondly referred to as "Canada's first sweatshop" I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy. I wouldn't even consider their products after working there. The work conditions were unsanitary, mould growing up the walls in their so called "clean room" and even found a shipping tote with human feces in it!!!! With supervisors going on power trips and not allowing staff to use the bathroom when necessary..... There's no wonder why that was found. The mentality there is that you need to step on someone to get ahead and you better do it with a smile on your face or you're labelled an energy vampire and you can be fired. Never been so disappointed in my life. Save yourself the hassle and just don't work there or buy their big infested, mouldy products!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canopy Growth Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4