Canopy Growth Corporation Employee Reviews

A place where the best ideas matter more than who pitched them
Management (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON9 October 2018
I started in a junior role and have been trusted with increasingly complex files, international opportunities and an opportunity to take on a team of people for the first time. It is hard, hard work and it's sometimes exhausting but overall this is the sort of job and the sort of company that comes around once in a career if you're lucky.
Pros
The ability to change the world's view of cannabis
Cons
7 days a week is a reality at times.
Upper Management/HR
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON4 October 2018
Terrible unrealistic work performance expected. No real appreciation for staff. If your not a favourite for the upper management and dont smooze the appropriate people you have no chance at moving forward. Its the Smith Falls niche and if you dont fit in you sure will know it.

There is no respect for work ethic and very litte respect for those who have it. Lots of human rights violation, and blaten favoritism.

Very bad management.
no accountability, no sense of direction
Consumer Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2018
I'm amazed at the arrogance of Spectrum who charge way too much for products that don't work as advertised. And they advertise too much about their products that suck!
Pros
alternative producers and suppliers
Cons
they are running on bath salts
Awful management, great co-workers
Glazier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC17 September 2018
Management is some of the worst I have ever experienced.
I think they are relying on their stocks and investers to make everything all better while pouring money down the drain.
Total money pit with no communication from management.
Pros
Good coworkers for the most part
Cons
Management & millennial hipsters with no training or skills, onsite drug use.
Bought into the hype...Big mistake
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  SMITHS FALLS10 September 2018
left a great job for a management role.
was back stabbed and talked about and singled out by my boss.
never given the opportunity to let me ideas grow and flourish.

completely unorganized, meetings for no reason other then to have meetings.

let go and still owed money for expenses they never paid back. extremely disappointed in this company.

They play favorites and if you don't drink the cool-aid you are out!
Pros
free coffee and free parking
Cons
lies, favoritism, shaming in front of other staff very bad HR
So very disappointed
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON11 August 2018
Left a great job to work for this amazing company on the cusp of greatness. Two weeks in I knew I had made a huge mistake but I do not give up and I am trying to make it work. Backstabbing, pettiness, lies, while ignoring the fact that many around me are stoned. Corporate wants you to believe in the fun, innovative culture but once you are past the front lobby we are all lemmings. No one is happy, we are all holding on by the skin of our teeth for the next share payout.

They are stoned, it is accepted and it is unnerving.
Pros
Snacks all over the building. Munchies are real!
Cons
Many but at the top of the list is sitting in meetings knowing decision makers are stoned.
Back stabbing politics
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Niagra on The Lake20 June 2018
Better be prepared to play ‘the favoritea’ games. Don’t expect transparency or the truth. Get to like being micro managed after expected to figure it out on your own. Toughen up as you will be used to further individual agendas competing for the elusive target of ‘I’m the best’.

The quality of product is disintegrating as quickly as corporate transparency, accountability & human-ness. Take your talent elsewhere. Buy your product from more thorough producers.
Pros
Support staff are great!
Cons
Empty promises
Low salary and week job titles.
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2018
Your job title will not reflect the type of work you do. They undervalue most of there employees and do not compensate you enough for the amount of responsibilaty given to you.
Pros
Great people in a rapidly growing industry
Cons
Low pay rates
Awesome people
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON13 April 2018
Great place to work!
The Company does a lot of things for their employees as in; baseball tournaments, the Big Bike, and Happy hour once a month! They also do a lot of fundraisers for charities. I think it's a great company to work for.
Poor management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON7 April 2018
Poor managment. No future.Managment never around will not bee seen no longterm future short term work. no work life balance no very good culthure for new worker
Rapidly growing company
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON26 February 2018
Good company to work for if you are looking to work for one of the top producers in Ontario of Medicinal Cannabis.

Company culture is very fun and relaxed with a strong customer focus.
Okay place to work
Senior Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON31 October 2017
Positive environment. Good people to work with. Upper management is extremely rare to see around building. Pay is average and hours are good. Hard to make it past 3 years