Canopy Growth Corporation Employee Reviews

My time at Canopywrowth
IT Department (Former Employee) –  Smith Falls, Ontario11 December 2018
I work at the Tweed location in Smith Falls for about one year and I can honestly say I have never seen in my 25+ year in experience in the high world such an unorganized and all over the map environment.

That said I think the company is really trying to create a great culture. However, once they implement a more senior management team that has a clear direction from upper management to execute sound IT practices.

It made it impossible to do my job correctly and was quite glad when they laid me off.

At this point, I would recommend any senior IT person to work at Canopy. However, in time once it's more establish and the kumbaya stage is over it could be a great company to work for.
Pros
Great culture, good salary. nice poeple
Cons
no direction, un-experience management, no structure
Dream job at a dream company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON28 January 2019
I have been working for Canopy Growth Corporation for almost 3 months now and the corporate culture is unlike anything I have ever experienced! I was made to feel welcome immediately and they have been super flexible/accommodating with work life balance. I have a great job with my dream company and I would highly recommend Canopy as an ideal employer for any current job seeker!
Pros
Events, Work/Life balance, Corporate Culture
just left canopy
assistant to god knows what (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC16 December 2018
I cant believe the change in culture as soon as I left canopy. At canopy its all about BS and their rating on the stock market. Senior management has no clue that they are being played by regional managers, Canopy loves to hire to pay as little as possible and squeeze blood out of their staff no wonder the turnover is astronomical. If you can avoid canopy great or get some experience and keep on looking for the next gig cuz it does not get worse than canopy.
Not a good company to work for, stay away
QC Manager (Current Employee) –  BC16 November 2018
Management isn’t very sorted out, lots of hiring and firing. Undereducated people are rather promoted. If you try to bring your ode into place your manager will steal it. Managers always try to put you down as they have poor no knowledge themselves. Zero communication, cheap company lots of abusive words and loose language is used. All u need is to lick the qap here and you will be a star. Please stay away if you want your peace of mind and you care for your self respect.
Pros
Nothing good
Cons
Poor management with no skill set, unorganized environment trying to be over smart
A place where the best ideas matter more than who pitched them
Management (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON9 October 2018
I started in a junior role and have been trusted with increasingly complex files, international opportunities and an opportunity to take on a team of people for the first time. It is hard, hard work and it's sometimes exhausting but overall this is the sort of job and the sort of company that comes around once in a career if you're lucky.
Pros
The ability to change the world's view of cannabis
Cons
7 days a week is a reality at times.
"ok" job IF: you live with parents, have no bills, or its your 2nd job. AWFUL HERE!
Tweedtender (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador4 February 2019
-empty promises to convince you to take the job
-management couldn't schedule shifts to save their lives! (tell them when you are working elsewhere, or when you have an appointment...they'll schedule you there and then make you give up your shift instead of fixing THEIR mistake!)
-hired way too many people and most staff get little to no hours each week
-if you kiss up and become a "favourite" of store manager (or if store manager brought you in from another job they have worked with you previously) then you are "ok", meaning you will get 20-40hrs/wk while coworkers are getting 5-12 hours a week.
-staff are expected to bring in food bank donations, and raise funds for Canopy employees that are making $60,000 plus a year when these staff are getting eviction notices, having their power cut, and are unable to even afford to feed themselves! But if you don't bring in food bank items, or support fund raisers you will be asked about it by management ("oh, you didn't bring in a donation? don't forget tomorrow.") or you will be penalized by having your shifts cancelled or by getting less shifts the next week.
-coworkers will stab you in the back for your hours...can't blame them I guess, they're just trying to eat too!
-management refuses to support promotion of skilled employees unless they are their friends. Had watched a girl go from tweedtender to a different store under a promotion that she was NOT qualified for (management get bonuses for referring in to positions FYI), girl went to new job and lasted 3 weeks, before quitting. Then went back to the store she started
  more... at as a tweedtender again, and got back 30+ hours a week and had other tweedtenders hours cut back because of it.
-Have seen a very skilled tweedtender with lots of management experience, go after many positions in the company. I think management has stopped it from happening because she isn't their "friend". Then hear that positions get filled by people who worked for manager at another place before Tweed.
-the favortism is sickening.
-run away from here! Do not apply for ANY retail position! You will NOT be appreciated! You won't be able to pay your bills!
-have seen female staff get sexually harrassed by customers, WHILE management WATCHED and did NOTHING! So don't expect then to have your back!
-if you enjoy uncertainty of having money, feeling unsafe at work, feeling under-appreciated, then apply. Otherwise the only people who can afford to work here are people with NO bills, no financial obligations, a husband or wife who makes enough to support you both, someone who still lives under the safety net of their parents, and or people who just want to work a few hours a week.
Pros
SOME of your coworkers
Cons
management, hours, pay, etc etc etc, everything.
Terrible place to work, worst ever, management is the worst.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC29 December 2018
Management walks around blindfolded.
Whomever brow noses the best get promoted.
Most management have absolutely no certifications , training or skills etc
There are plenty of other good cannabis operations that will treat you better than Canopy.
Take your skills and training somewhere else.
Just a honest heads up.
Cheers.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Enough favortism to make a person gag.
So very disappointed
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON11 August 2018
Left a great job to work for this amazing company on the cusp of greatness. Two weeks in I knew I had made a huge mistake but I do not give up and I am trying to make it work. Backstabbing, pettiness, lies, while ignoring the fact that many around me are stoned. Corporate wants you to believe in the fun, innovative culture but once you are past the front lobby we are all lemmings. No one is happy, we are all holding on by the skin of our teeth for the next share payout.

They are stoned, it is accepted and it is unnerving.
Pros
Snacks all over the building. Munchies are real!
Cons
Many but at the top of the list is sitting in meetings knowing decision makers are stoned.
Wish I could give them a zero for job security
Manager (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON20 December 2018
Fired after working 11 hour days for a year. Zero job security once you sign the employment contract. They can fire you for no reason.
The stock options are worth nothing if they fire you before you have been there a year.
They have a lot to learn about how to treat employees and correctly manage a company.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
zero job security
Upper Management/HR
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON4 October 2018
Terrible unrealistic work performance expected. No real appreciation for staff. If your not a favourite for the upper management and dont smooze the appropriate people you have no chance at moving forward. Its the Smith Falls niche and if you dont fit in you sure will know it.

There is no respect for work ethic and very litte respect for those who have it. Lots of human rights violation, and blaten favoritism.

Very bad management.
Bought into the hype...Big mistake
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  SMITHS FALLS10 September 2018
left a great job for a management role.
was back stabbed and talked about and singled out by my boss.
never given the opportunity to let me ideas grow and flourish.

completely unorganized, meetings for no reason other then to have meetings.

let go and still owed money for expenses they never paid back. extremely disappointed in this company.

They play favorites and if you don't drink the cool-aid you are out!
Pros
free coffee and free parking
Cons
lies, favoritism, shaming in front of other staff very bad HR
Canopy management has no communication
Senior grower (Current Employee) –  Langley16 October 2018
Don’t believe the hype concerning this overrated company.
If you have a degree or technical skills / training take them somewhere where you are appreciated.
Management in the Aldergrove operation is terrible.
Unskilled management with the Ontario arrogance to match.
Pros
Good coworkers, occasional lunch provided
Cons
Complete money pit of an operation
Awful management, great co-workers
Glazier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC17 September 2018
Management is some of the worst I have ever experienced.
I think they are relying on their stocks and investers to make everything all better while pouring money down the drain.
Total money pit with no communication from management.
Pros
Good coworkers for the most part
Cons
Management & millennial hipsters with no training or skills, onsite drug use.
Very Low Pay
Tweedtender (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 December 2018
The pay is very very low. Bad wages. Can't work when hungry.
Hours cut all the time
No commissions, no tips, no incentives just $12/hr
Lots of expectations for the pay
The free shoes hurt
Can't pay rent
Coworkers are great but will leave if not paid better
Pros
Coworkers are great.
Cons
Pay is bad. Lots of standing. Shoes hurt feet. Knee pain, back pain.
horrible
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON24 December 2018
Unsanitary movement of product, overspray of alcohol to product, ethic slander. Bad parking lot, tickets if on road in front of building..All in all dont waste your time theres a reason its always hiring.. poor HR
Pros
Free lunch if luck once a month, who cares?
Cons
Work place slander, mixed races, segregated ethnic groups, reports not taken seriously
Awesome people
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON13 April 2018
Great place to work!
The Company does a lot of things for their employees as in; baseball tournaments, the Big Bike, and Happy hour once a month! They also do a lot of fundraisers for charities. I think it's a great company to work for.
many expectations, very little pay
tweed tender (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 October 2018
No one knows what they are doing. Some managers have no idea how to manage, all they talk about is how much pot they smoke. Pay is very very low. Co workers are great, so that's the only good thing.
Pros
Work with great people, free shoes
Cons
Inexperienced managers, very low pay, hours cut all the time
Back stabbing politics
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Niagra on The Lake20 June 2018
Better be prepared to play ‘the favoritea’ games. Don’t expect transparency or the truth. Get to like being micro managed after expected to figure it out on your own. Toughen up as you will be used to further individual agendas competing for the elusive target of ‘I’m the best’.

The quality of product is disintegrating as quickly as corporate transparency, accountability & human-ness. Take your talent elsewhere. Buy your product from more thorough producers.
Pros
Support staff are great!
Cons
Empty promises
no accountability, no sense of direction
Consumer Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2018
I'm amazed at the arrogance of Spectrum who charge way too much for products that don't work as advertised. And they advertise too much about their products that suck!
Pros
alternative producers and suppliers
Cons
they are running on bath salts
Poor management, very long days
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON30 October 2018
Since the management has no clue how to organize the production, expect long days (over 12 hours, depending on where you work)