CannTrust

CannTrust Employee Reviews

Canada65 reviews
Not great.
I was there for about a year and a half and after the first month of me starting my manager quit on me. Allowed me to advance quickly but with little support and experience in that field it was easy for me to succumb to the stress and pressure surrounding my job position. I wish they didn’t start with young people who were ready to learn in advance and discard them for older individuals with experience but none in the marijuana industry.
Great people to work with
Good place to work, professional attitude, great people.
Work life balance is pretty good.

Nice, dynamic and fun place to work.

Suitable for people who can easily adjust changes, fast moving environment and working under pressure.
All the good ones leave for a reason
Rampant Nepotism and unprofessional management really ruin what could have been a good place to work.

Employees will get strung along with promises of raises and better treatment all while working 60+ hour weeks for $15/hr indefinitely.
Good Company
Everything was on the high till we lost our license. A company that is very inclusive in its makeup of employees. We can’t wait to see the company get back.
It was okay
Wouldn't suggest going back, hours are steady in the grow rooms but the work is incredibly mundane and professionalism isn't fostered. Not quite what everyone thought it would be.
Multiple Positions
Won't reveal my positions, but I had multiple positions at CannTrust on top of the extra ones they throw at you without pay.

Started great! Management was fine circa 2017/2018. Then ish went downhill with management changing. They have no idea what their employees do, and if they do they have too much on their plate to handle everything.

I started out loving this place, but people warned me, they love to throw more responsibility on you and pay you bare minimum.

When others were given a promotion and I wasn't despite having multiple roles, I left. Every day I was exhausted, gave my all. Yet I was making near minimum wage while others with the SIMILAR not the same but very very similar positions were making MORE THAN DOUBLE. On top of that, they were all male. I was given multiple raises BUT THEY WERE CENTS. It felt like a slap in the face. I could barely afford to get to work, I could barely afford rent. I left because I loved my position but I couldn't take being treated like trash but expected to do the same/similar job. On to new and better things! Really miss the beginning of my job tho, It was very enjoyable until management changed. Also, the company is falling apart (CEO Scandal) and severely unorganized.
Pros
Location is close to the subway
Cons
Management, Nepotism, Low pay for those who aren't friends with the manager
Crazy Ride!
Moved up after I had to prove myself above and beyond while others were promoted because of friendship to managers. Did what HR said when it came to employees and then HR would throw you under the bus. Tried to fix aspects of the facility where mould and pm was an issue but higher ups don't care about the product quality just the weight. People still work there for some reason that were involved in scheduling aillegal grow rooms. QC person works there that modified the destruction logs for plant counts. Peopi don't think they should get their licence back. Also they should tell all the workers that they are being exposed to harmful condition s but they won't. All people do is complain about their boss instead of doing their assigned jobs. Wonder why they don't move up. Oh also the aphid problem is so bad if you actually saw the plants you would never want to smoke the weed.
Upper management clueless about long-term vision. Squabbles among directors result in toxic work environment
1. Long term vision - the company doesn't know who they want to be or what to stand for.

2. Squabbles among some Directors has created a toxic work environment for us subordinates.
Good company to work for.
If you are a quality employee who does their job, you may advance. There is room for advancement. If not then you don't deserve to be there.
I feel it in a good place to work.
Was ok place ti work
I had a great experience with my immediate supervisor s and co workers
Stressful at times but was good

Learned alot about cannabis production

Especially wat not to do
Bugs mold and bad management
If you like to grow mass produced weed coverd in aphids and powder mildew then this is your place. Management will tell you one thing and do the opposite and clam there the best at growing weed but if you look around nothing but mediocre weed that is covered in aphids and mold the best thing that happened was health Canada taking there license away instead of being able to buy there over priced weed
Great experience and learned so much
Everyone treats you like family , very understanding and helpful staff . Fair job wages . Environment is casual and friendly. Work is repetitive but you can make it fun . Very casual dress code . Upper management is super nice and everyone helps each other .
Good company, tough times
Good company, tough times. Advanced quickly, many opportunities to be apart of the company and gain more skills. Hoping it returns to its former glory
Nice place to work but upper management is clueless
Work environment was relaxed. Pay should have been higher. You get benefits that cover 80%. Everything was going fine until the company ran into legal problems.
fast paced productive work
Team oriented as well as varied individual job functions.Experienced supervisor and management personnel provide a satisfying work environment. Many opportunities for advancement.
allowed me to bring out the best in people
I enjoyed meeting people and solving issues. I I liked working with law enforcement to prevent crime and giving people the opportunity to change there lifes.
workplace that is a workplace
this workplace is a place of work read the news and work there if you choose or don't if you do not. this is not a personal review this is simply filling this form for completions sake.
An experience
Untrained and under qualified management with many differing ideas and views on how work is to be fullfilled. This tended to create a chaotic and unorganized work environment. Poor health and safety monitoring with a lot of unsafe equipment and methods being carried out daily. Not much opportunity for advancement, decent benefits, decent staff, learned a lot about the industry. Still glad I worked there. More glad that I got let go
Terrible
This was one of the worst companies I've worked for recently. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It's hard work for little pay off and far too much effort. They are very unsympathetic and unaccomodating. If the industry intrigues you look for a different company.
Stay as far away as possible
Where should I begin..illegal grow rooms. Don't care about employees at all. Only about money even though their going downhill really fast and soon will go bankrupt and shut down. Very rude. Product is garbage. I've seen outdoor look nicer and taste better
Great place wonderful people
Wish I was still working loved the culture and the overall environment of canntrust. Co workers were very helpful and everyday I looked forward to my next day