CANES Community Care

CANES Community Care Employee Reviews

My experience working with Canes community care

Worked there for 7 years and girls started 6 months ago are getting more shifts. They have rules regarding seniority however, they dont act on it. Too much gossip, competition and arguments. Other than that you get to meet new clients and people

Pros

Great experience

Cons

Competitive

Terrible magement

Very poor management, they don't care what happen, they are non profit and the money is garanteed. Poor training organization, lack of guidance from manager. Many nice staff but they are under paid and looking for job all the time. This place is a mess and the Directors pretend they don' see the wrongdoing. Good luck!

Pros

Stressfull day with a lot to do, low pay for the volume of work

Cons

Nice staff and so so benefits

Insights into CANES Community Care

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment

Toxic

The environment is very toxic. Management is untrustworthy and everyone is expected to fear them. The senior director is horrible to work under. Lots of drama and gossip. Very stressful environment. I dreaded going to that place. It effected my mental health terribly.

Horrible Senior Management - Toxic Work Environment

Horrible place to workThe micromanaging is very present Always scolded for any mistake like you are a child No freedom You’re not allowed to have friends at work The senior director will do whatever it takes to make sure everyone is miserableMultiple complaints have been put in and nothing is ever done

Very Toxic Place

There's a reason that schedulers have a high turnover rate. Although some people are nice, the management and many coworkers are extremely toxic. They will gossip about you and are unwilling to help. I was there for a month, but couldn't handle it because no one was willing to train properly and the management wasn't supportive at all. I went to them with my concerns but no one listened. The team is very understaffed as well so you have so many duties to do and the pay isn't worth it.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

No opportunity for growth, poor management, stressful, short-staffed, low pay

Don’t do it

Do not work here, poor management. Staff is against everyone. Gossip and lies. No one wants to train you to do the job properly. This place will fall apart fast.

Excellent

Very good company everyone very helpful I love to work there boss are very helpful all staff very helpful buses are new provide dress all benefits Holiday

Pros

Some time free lunch

Cons

No long hour

Amazing

From the first day I joined canes I knew it was my place the management is amazing the company as a whole is amazing I have no complaints I am supported threw everything that I have going on from work issue to life I just can’t praise this company for how they treat you like your apart of the family it is an amazing feeling an I make sure that I make them proud every single day

Pros

Supportive management

Good company

I have been working with this company for years, joining this team was the best decision I made. If I to do it all over again, I would join them sooner.

Pros

Free uniform

Cons

Sometimes have to work every weekend

A great place to work and a greater place to lean

CCC was the first place I started working after school, I left the company because I relocated to Petersburg. CCC is a great place to work and a greater place to learn more skills and training every year, for me is like a family, they very cancel about family. I remember when I was having issues with daycare they work with me. Oh my supervisor are counsel when the issue arose wit clients

A place of work and build up your own life.

I enjoyed working with Canes, picking up extra shift and working anytime that suits your family. Its an amazing Company and i love working with Canes and my colleagues.

experience working with great people

People were friendly and warm. They care a great deal about their clients and deliver professional services to their clients. I worked as Seniors driver, dealing with seniors on the field, no too much time for the people in the office

I was a student on practicum

Did not get most of the inside information. people were friendly and warm. They care a great deal about their clients and deliver professional services to their clients. I worked for three days a week.

Pros

calm work environment

Cons

information is withheld from students on placement

Love the clients

Loved my job and didn't really care of other stuff in the company. Not a bad place to work at all but could be better if they learned to appreciate their workers a lot more.

Pros

Don't provide lunches for long shifts

fun place to work

I have be working with canes community cares for the past sixteenth years. I are like family. everyone of us work as a team . Canes community cares have come a day way to provide best service for clients and family who need it

Pros

fun place to work

Placment at CANES

Team work Is essential working for canes and I found that they had great team members. I enjoyed working with them. I have learned practical skills which will assist me in my field of personal support worker.

Great workplace with flexible hours.

I met many great people working with CANES. It was an amazing experience. My most enjoyable part of the job was helping my clients and greeting them every day with a smile.

Pros

lunches

not enough hours

is good place to work as a parents. you receive your schedule in advance every two weeks. they have hire so much new people but no workers they are cuting health benefit for part-time workers

Pros

schedule in-advance

Cons

not enough hours

very busy workplace

few hours per day. different clients with different needs. co workers are very friendly. hardest part of the job is the time period in between clients.

Pros

not enough hours and benifits

Cons

friendly enviornment

mala

sin descanso en absoluto de 20 a 23 viajes por mes de 1200 km cada uno .casi sin francos para custodiar camiones de mercaderia en transito con mi compañero. no permitian reemplazo de personal lo que mas me gusto fue conocer distintas ciudades de interior y el conocimiento total de las rutas y el trabajo en gral.lo mas dificil fue cobrar un sueldo completo nos pagaban en cuotas habia que reclamar todo el tiempo la verdad un desastre como empresa por eso me fui.

Pros

ninguno

Cons

todos

Great

I love what CANES represents but it wasn't a great learning experience for my first year placement. Hopefully, they change the responsibilities for placement students, because all I did was file paperwork and serve food.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CANES Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement