Cancom Security

Cancom Security Employee Reviews

Great working experience

I don't normally enjoy working, but this company really makes you feel like family ! My boss was friendly, understanding a d even helpful at times. I would totally recommend working here to a friend.

Wants maximum hours for minimum pay and no overtime pay.

They want everything from you for nothing in return. Never pays overtime, no matter how much you work. If you ask for your overtime pay, your threatened with your job or hours are reduced or sent to a worse location. If you're not in with the management team, you won't get anywhere. If your opinion doesn't match up with their's, you get pushed out. The company is corrupt.

Inspired to Come into Work Everyday

I have worked across various security companies in Ottawa- Cancom Security is par excellence! The management takes genuine interest in each and every individual's success and personal well-being. I'm proud to be part of a company culture that continues to go above and beyond to promote equality and diversity.

Pros

Great Management and Co-workers

Cons

Great Company to work for.

Been working at Cancom for 6 months now. I was on Stand By and it was what I applied for. Great team and Administration. The staff is accomodating and will help you if you need some assistance at the site.

I have loved every step of the way.....to where i am today

hard work and dedication does pay off..... I have loved every step of the way to what I have achieved...... thank you to my Cancom family for having my back and to the Director of Operations for being an amazing Mentor

Fast Paced, Pay attention to detail

Its Security, the field of work constantly changes from one minute to the next, so there is not a typical day at work. Mobile Patrol was all new to me Great company to work for, employees will educate on aspects of job that is not understood, ask questions if you don't understand.

Terrible Management, Terrible Company Attitude!

I had an opportunity to provide security for this company back in April/May/June 2019 up in Barrie for Hydro One. This role was simply external coverage for the gates that were under construction and from day one i observed an unbelievable poor attitude from the guards who were always late for their shift and a stupid supervisor that did nothing about it! The supervisor was a huge rat to head office and the president of the company! I caught the supervisor in several lies and i personally confronted him about his behavior and conduct and reported him to head office who did absolutely nothing about it! I could never get a hold of any real person at head office that could provide me with proper assistance and direction and left the company once the contract ended. I would never recommend this company to work with due to my internal knowledge of their account operation and failure to provide for security staff and clients. Thank you!

Terrible place to work

I was happy to get this job in seconds over the phone. "can you work tonight?" I go to school so this was a part time job. I liked that I was told I could work over 100 hours during my summer break bi weekly. But I never got OT. When I went in the office to ask why - I was yelled at by the ceo's brother. The work culture is toxic. Disgusting things are talked about. not professional at all.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with great people.

Our chiefs are very down to earth. Always ready to back you up no matter what. Our work coulture is like a brotherhood. Always motivating each other in achieving the outmost service for our clients.

Great job while in school

This specific company works really well with your school schedule, positions are very straight forward and pays well. I believe working security at this company will be beneficial for others, especially when you are in school.

Jobs at Cancom Security

See more jobs

Good experience

A very fast paced work environment. A good place to start for people who never worked security before if you can learn on the go and require minimal supervision.

Productive and fun workplace

very good experience if not for the company losing their contract to the condo i was working. Observed CCTV. Patrolled all the premises. Mobile Patrol. .

What i learned

I have learned many things like access control, CCTV monitoring. Mobile patrol related to security guard industry. Cancom security taught me very intresting things about the industry. but the job didn't last long as site i worked for no longer needed security.

Pros

management, wages

Cons

job security

Not great

My supervisor changed over 5 times in the 1 year I worked here. Management was never really helpful. The job wasn't fun. But the schedule was flexible. Not a terrible job.

Pros

Flexible hrs

Cons

Bad middle management

Interact with people

The best part of job in Cancom Security as a gatehouse guard, I interact with different people with different attitudes and that allows me to boost my mentally about spicety

Does not pay overtime

No advancement DOES NOT PAY OVER TIME Cancels scheduled shifts without notice No increase of wages unless proposed You have to pay for every piece of uniform

Jobs are typically simple depending on your placement. Management/Operations are very rude.

Worked with this company for over a year, hardest part of the job is collecting your pay cheque. The most enjoyable part is actually receiving your pay cheque. Management is usually not there during the hours that they say they're there but a smelly golden retriever they keep in the office is usually there. They pick and choose who they want to give mobile shifts to, even if you might have more experience than that other individual. Very unfair company, I could go on for days.

Pros

Pays well, depending on the site

Cons

Bad hours, bad management, office smells like wet dog

Fun workplace and great co workers

its a very safe environment to work in and you feel energized and motivated to work all the time. A lot of thongs can be learned for example Communication skills.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Less hours

Great place to work, kind employees and management.

Good team environment, good pay. They were able to work around my schedule while I was in school. Multiple contracts with different businesses allowed for unique experiences.

the company's managment is worst

the company is good to start with if you are not getting any start. but the worst thing is that the management of this company is worst than any company.

Physically active and rewarding work

Tons of opportunity for advancement, certification, training, and work. Work the hours you need or want (with advance notice) with no difficulty.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cancom Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement