Cancom Security
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Cancom Security Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews

paycompanytimemanagementworkjobgoodcancom

Good security company to work for but not the best.

Worked at Cancom Security for 4+ years and over the years the company became more professional and grew in size, mobile supervisors are always on call and helpful and so is dispatch. Management is helpful and has very flexible hours and you are able to pick whether or not you want to work at specific sites, however you aren’t guaranteed whichever site you want to work at. Some sites can be very tedious and tiring, and you may have to do 12 hours shifts.

Pros

Helpful supervisors, dispatch and management. Flexible work days and sites.

Cons

Certain sites have long hours and can be very tedious.

Completely unorganized

Have you ever wanted to work in a place where you have no idea what the next day has in store for you? Have you ever wanted to be given more and more work, and promises of pay increases but never actually receive one? Have you ever wanted to work in a place where the owner and all management are completely disrespectful and unprofessional? If you answered yes to any of this, this is the workplace for you.

Pros

You sometimes got a paycheck when payroll remembered to pay everyone

Cons

Everything else

Insights into Cancom Security

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Very bad experience

They call whenever they need they don’t care at all when you need them the management and the supervisors are rude. They called me and did what was more of a joke but interview

Excellent management

I am working here as a full time employee. This company awesomeness is on peak. Nice colleagues and supervisor. Good salaryExcellent management and flexible hour's.

Pros

Flexible, good pay, good working hour's

Fun workplace

have worked with the company for more than 6 months and I have found that company is very responsible to their employees. Pay-scale is also competiable. Management is very helpful and kind. All in all, it's been a great experience to work with them.Thank you to all Management.

Good wages, competitive enviroment

Alright job if you are only interested in getting into security. The pay is above average. Work environment can become toxic.Poor managementunprofessional/needs better training for workers

Pros

wages

Cons

lack of proper managment/structor

Wages issues.No advancement.Management issues.Scheduling issues.

Cancom management, needs to provide a more friendlier, and professional work environment, for all employees.Scheduling needs to communicate with employees of schedule changes.Pay increases according to employees performance.

Pros

A lot of work

Cons

Not paid over time. No pay increase. Management is very rude, uses bad languages with employees.

The CEO discriminate with worker from different Culture and different country.I was one of these examples.

Never work with Cancom Security when they make mistakes they blame the Security Guards, Admiistration is very poor three Security guard reporting at one site, security guard have to call to conferm which Security Guard is really working at this site, Managers and Security Sepervisors cannot communicate with Security Guards, Security Manager cannot speak French or English, their dailyreports are not readable/ grammatically in correct. i will never recommend any obne to work for Cancom Security they cannot provide good services to any one...

Professional. And family

Cancom has been a major stepping stone in my life , they have a very professional and family organization, I have never worked for a more organized group and a more professional group. They have definitely set them selfs above the rest in excellence and over all work ethics,

Pros

Security/ by-law

Cons

Wants maximum hours for minimum pay and no overtime pay.

They want everything from you for nothing in return. Never pays overtime, no matter how much you work. If you ask for your overtime pay, your threatened with your job or hours are reduced or sent to a worse location. If you're not in with the management team, you won't get anywhere. If your opinion doesn't match up with their's, you get pushed out. The company is corrupt.

Inspired to Come into Work Everyday

I have worked across various security companies in Ottawa- Cancom Security is par excellence! The management takes genuine interest in each and every individual's success and personal well-being. I'm proud to be part of a company culture that continues to go above and beyond to promote equality and diversity.

Pros

Great Management and Co-workers

Cons

Great Company to work for.

Been working at Cancom for 6 months now. I was on Stand By and it was what I applied for. Great team and Administration. The staff is accomodating and will help you if you need some assistance at the site.

Great working experience

I don't normally enjoy working, but this company really makes you feel like family ! My boss was friendly, understanding a d even helpful at times. I would totally recommend working here to a friend.

I have loved every step of the way.....to where i am today

hard work and dedication does pay off..... I have loved every step of the way to what I have achieved...... thank you to my Cancom family for having my back and to the Director of Operations for being an amazing Mentor

Fast Paced, Pay attention to detail

Its Security, the field of work constantly changes from one minute to the next, so there is not a typical day at work. Mobile Patrol was all new to me Great company to work for, employees will educate on aspects of job that is not understood, ask questions if you don't understand.

Terrible Management, Terrible Company Attitude!

I had an opportunity to provide security for this company back in April/May/June 2019 up in Barrie for Hydro One. This role was simply external coverage for the gates that were under construction and from day one i observed an unbelievable poor attitude from the guards who were always late for their shift and a stupid supervisor that did nothing about it! The supervisor was a huge rat to head office and the president of the company! I caught the supervisor in several lies and i personally confronted him about his behavior and conduct and reported him to head office who did absolutely nothing about it! I could never get a hold of any real person at head office that could provide me with proper assistance and direction and left the company once the contract ended. I would never recommend this company to work with due to my internal knowledge of their account operation and failure to provide for security staff and clients. Thank you!

Terrible place to work

I was happy to get this job in seconds over the phone. "can you work tonight?" I go to school so this was a part time job. I liked that I was told I could work over 100 hours during my summer break bi weekly. But I never got OT. When I went in the office to ask why - I was yelled at by the ceo's brother. The work culture is toxic. Disgusting things are talked about. not professional at all.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with great people.

Our chiefs are very down to earth. Always ready to back you up no matter what. Our work coulture is like a brotherhood. Always motivating each other in achieving the outmost service for our clients.

Great job while in school

This specific company works really well with your school schedule, positions are very straight forward and pays well. I believe working security at this company will be beneficial for others, especially when you are in school.

Good experience

A very fast paced work environment. A good place to start for people who never worked security before if you can learn on the go and require minimal supervision.

Productive and fun workplace

very good experience if not for the company losing their contract to the condo i was working. Observed CCTV. Patrolled all the premises. Mobile Patrol. .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cancom Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement