CancerCare Manitoba

CancerCare Manitoba Employee Reviews

I served people coming in for cancer treatment and their families beverages and snacks while they had their treatments. I enjoyed my work there and made a lot of great people!
No guidance. Boss never listened and was never around for support. Co-workers also not helpful. Left on my own to try to figure it out and when I did boss was unhappy and wouldn't listen.
Pros
Cons
Berated by boss
Place thought me to be patient and be more happy with life. Management is okay but can improve the way they handle employees. Work place is good and amazing coworkers.
I was lucky enough to gain a lot of experience at Cancer Care, they had training for certain tasks and it was overall a welcoming environment to be at.
I would come in and help the staff in the workplace with whatever they needed assistance with. I have learned some good skills within the workplace and I'm thrilled to have worked with them.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Great people and training, love of patients and giving great service to them and their families. Everyone is very dedicated to providing the best of care medically and emotionally
I have learned so much about accounts payable clerk. Working at Cancer care gives me so much advancement doing accounts payable and I enjoyed it a lot. I love working with my co workers as well as working with numbers
Pros
continues learning new things
Cons
on temp covering mat leave
Excellent and wonderful organization to work for. believe in nurturing their employees development and growth learned this is a great place to work at
It was always great being able to help out in any way possible and the staff was great and so positive even through the long hours they worked. The volunteer team was also great, always there to help in anyway possible and it was a pleasure working with them.
Doctors and nurses are very good, kind hearted people. Patients are very warm. Hardest part of the job is doing 3 jobs while meeting your own deadline. Management cover each other up so you have no one to trust, and they are very good on fabricating lies against Filipinos. Doctors, Nurses, Clerks quit that's why they are always hiring. No free food.
Pros
Great co workers. Monday to Friday schedule.
Cons
Very strong Racial Discrimination on the part of all Management
Enjoy the people I work with. Its an Accredited corporation. High standards are expected. Hardest part of the job is it can be hectic. Best part are the patients. Feeling like you really make a difference.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Sometimes hectic
Fast-paced work environment with room for advancement and educational growth. Hardest and best part of the job is hearing the stories from cancer patients; good and bad experiences helped to make systemic changes within the organization.
Pros
Co-workers
Working with Oncology patients is great. Lack of health care resources is the major issue but is with all health care institutes. Workplace culture can be supportive however some days it can be extremely challenging.
Pros
great wage - unionized
Cons
lack of financial resources as with all health care institutes
CancerCare Manitoba is a culturally diverse and inclusive organization that believes in the value of their employees. They provide opportunities for growth and development. The hardest part of my role within the organization was to continuously adapt to the never unyielding pace of high demand clinical environment.
Pros
Opportunity to grow and develop
Cons
N/a
CCMB provided a fun an exciting place to work. The staff members are very nice and fun while being serious at their jobs. Provided great support and helped me grow as a researcher.
have reviewed on other page. just volunteering job. miss the team.
There was no real "typical" day at work. Everyday was different depending on the individual needs and requirements of our patients. The only "typical" day was every morning going to my office and turning on my computer and seeing what the day was going to bring. Changes were constant and your day could be directed entirely in a different direction if a STAT arose. Your other work had to be done, so you would adjust and find a way to get all the clients needs done. Management was not watching what you got done and if you got it done because it would be. I knew I was working for the benefit of the health of individuals, and this would be enough incentive to achieve to my 110%. The Management at Cancercare had an open-door policy. They were there to guide and help you when you needed it. Guide lines for Treatments were constantly changing as per RO due to Clinical Trials, and Management would pre-warn us of the changes and walk us through it before the start date. My co-workers at Cancercare were extraordinary. Now the World is not perfect, but I would have to say that 98% of the employees were all there for the same reason - for the benefit of improving the health of our patients. Therefore we all work as a Team to achieve this goal. I would have to say the hardest part of the job was when a small child comes in and we know we are doing pain relief only. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a patient comes back to visit after his last follow-up visit and says the treatments worked and they are either cancer free or in remission. You know then that you were part - more...
Pros
Job Security, Team work from the CEO all the way down, the willingness to allow you to expand your knowledge base by attending lectures and courses, Open door policy in all levels of Management, Benefits, the caring and understanding of the Health and Wellness of our patients and their employees
Cons
Low salary
Unfortunately, I was laid off due to changes in the various medical programs. Program assistants lost our jobs and had to re-apply. I was re-hired in the same department, but after a few months, the director left on stress leave. I was then assistant to a new director who took away all my responsibilities and pretty well bullied me out of the job. I had no recourse, as I wasn't in a union and Human Resources was on her side. I lost the job after 10 years.
Pros
enjoyed working with the nurse managers and staff and patients
Cons
low salary; no union; bullied by new manager after changes to position was made
I love all my co workers and my job but hated being pulled to someone elese's job on top of your regular assignments.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no room for improvements
i learned that i was part of a team and the work i did mattered. Gave me the freedom to learn more and take on more tasks