Canalta Hotel Employee Reviews

Fantastic Place to work
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, SK29 October 2017
Canalta Hotel is popular choice on the West Coast of Canada, the employers are wonderful, the staff is excellent and the benefits criteria is also impressive even for the lower positions.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Esterhazy, SK10 October 2017
Very busy hotel. I learned how to build a budget. Management is supportive and encourages learning new skills. The hardest part of the job was finding appropriate new employees. I very much enjoyed working with the guests and meeting people from all over the world. I also enjoyed the back office paper work such as balancing the night audit.
Great
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Provost, AB4 June 2017
Working here was great! I had my aunt working with me (who showed me lots of neat tips and tricks), and I made friends with other co-workers I saw in the mornings. Making breakfast and coffee for the CN workers was always fun.
Pros
Calling Coworkers
Cons
not much to do
We always celebrated new people that got hired on
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB28 April 2017
I enjoyed working for this company as I started there as a housekeeper, and before I left I had the opportunity to move up to front desk. My morning shift would start with talking with the night audit person find out if there were any problems from the night , then make sure breakfast was all filled up for the guests , count my float check guests out do a in house count get laundry started, my manager was awesome she always encouraged me at my job she was sad to see me leave I got along with everybody there, we had fun times there we always celebrated accomplishments and birthdays it was a great place to work, the hardest part for me was learning the computer side of the job but once I figured it out it went smoothly.
Pros
when you needed time off you usually got it
Cons
a lot of standing
Unreliable security/safety material and bad management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB18 January 2017
A typical day at work would to start off by counting the till and make sure everything is balanced before the previous employee left. I would make sure all of the paper work for the reservations were ready and that the room cards were programmed. As guests would come in, I would do the required steps to successfully check them in and get them on their way to their rooms. My positions also required me to check the pool area to make sure it was clean and pool levels met the requirements. It was my duty to make sure there were always cookies ready and to make popcorn at 7:00 PM. I kept the lobby and surrounding areas clean and answered every phone call to the best of my ability. Near the end of my shift I would balance my till and fill out the papers that were required. I enjoyed communicating with the customers to make them feel at home.
Easy going enviroment
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rimbey, AB1 October 2016
It was fun, and great help from other staff members when ever you needed it. You could have five to sixteen rooms it all depend on the day the best part of working at canalta was everyone is super fun to be around.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Enjoyed working at the hotel.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Stettler, AB23 April 2016
Checked guests in and out, cashed out when time and filed all the paper work that was needed. Took reservations and cleaned the lobby. Worked from 11pm-7am.Handled any complaints from guests, that occurred during the night.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Low pay
Encouraging
Laundry / Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tisdale, SK11 November 2014
My placement at Canalta Hotel was a good experience for me. It was my first time working in the laundry department without supervision. I learnt by own mistakes and soon enough to acknowledge all my surroundings in the laundry room. The hardest part of being in the laundry room...since Canalta Hotel being a small hotel. There is only one person to laundry and others to rooms.
Pros
% off accommodations.
Cons
At certains times days were long.
Awesome Company to work for
GUEST SERVICES & ROOM ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Shaunavon, SK23 October 2013
Great company to work for, good benefits and starting salary is higher than average.
Good training via the Signature Training courses.
Management is not as involved as it should be.
Full Time hours are not guaranteed, housekeeping hours are usually short.

Want to know more about Canalta Hotel?

Ask a question