CANADIAN VALLEY GROWERS Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Vendor Manager (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC8 December 2019
If you can get along with people and hustle, this is a great summer job. Good management who was always ready to help out. Be ready for some hot days and rainy days and dress for the conditions.
To make this job work, you really have to be organised and hustle. Some days were difficult due to the large volume of plants and little space to put them. Plus, coming in on weekends to water the plants, so they do not die.
Got along well with the store staff, other vendors and most shoppers. Some really interesting people to chat with when the work slowed. Be ready to be standing most of the day.
Great place to work!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC5 October 2019
Working for Canadian Valley Growers has been a wonderful learning experience. Great people to work for. Be your own boss. A lot of positive feedback given. Always room to grow.
Great job to work independently
Superviser of Plant Merchandising at Home Depot (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC9 July 2019
Great job to work independently, Long hours in busy months, Poor communication from management Very little training, contracts end early. 60 hour work weeks in May
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Very little training
Fun enjoyable work place
Supervising Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC17 September 2018
I enjoyed working for that company it was a great company to work for. The work environment was very good i loved learning about plants and new products and how to care for the plants.
Great crew to work with!
Merchandising Specialist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2017
Worked 2 seasons with CVG.Every day was a learning experience! Regional manager and fellow supervisors were all very supportive (Shared staff with me when I had shortages!).
Easy to follow set ups and delivery of live goods. Pay scale reasonable for seasonal work.

I enjoy working with the public and helping them secure the product and the knowledge they are looking for so this worked for me.

Creating jobs lists and effective communication of reasonable expectations for staff helped keep productivity and moral high, ensured company standards and sales were met and above all, kept a 'fun' atmosphere which made going to work fun in itself.
Pros
Support at all levels when needed
Cons
High season does have long hours but that is expected to maximize short season
Great work/life balance
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 August 2017
We work hard during peak season. Lots of hours makes for a great pay cheque. The majority of the year I can work when I want which allows me to do all the other things that are important to me! This is the job for you if you like to work independently or with smaller teams.
We are always appreciated and have a great wrap up party!
Pros
Flexible schedule, lots of hours during the busy time, pay matches what other merchandising companies offer
Cons
Working outdoors is great but sometimes its hot or cold out there!
Fun Place to Work , Great Team environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Vancouver24 August 2017
Merchandising Live goods product in Large Box Store customer
Fast Paced and Physical !!
Lots of flexibility in regards to scheduling and work shifts
Pros
Family owned local company, Team environment, Fast paced never boring
There is no restroom onsite - only porta-toilets not even separated by gender.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Inside old trailer inside shed1 June 2017
Do not recommend. Lead accountant is very unknowledgable about HR and payroll and labour standards.
........
..........
.............
...............
Fun with Mikkie
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2016
This year has been a succession of lessons that I have learned, since being laid off in January.

I have been lucky enough to work with a great group of people at Skip the Dishes. If you have never heard of them, the company delivers food to clients as needed. This entails waiting, delivering food to different residences then waiting again, getting the next restaurant order, finding the quickest route there and then delivering the food.

This is all done by an "app" on my phone.

I have found solace in taking my son's dog to the off leash parks and helping to train her.
Pros
customer service
Cons
waiting
not a good company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 July 2016
they dont care about there empolyees just make you work like dogs and dont care about fairness.as long as your there your de valued
Cons
manger will give your postion to his friends, doesnt matter how good you are as a worker.