Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Exciting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2018
I worked for Canadian Tire for 2 years and I learned a lot of life skills. I made a lot of good friends at my time at Canadian Tire. Everyone was very helpful and friendly.
My reason for leaving Canadian Tire was a family matter nothing to do with the company
Garden Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC2 April 2018
I really liked working at Canadian Tire Chilliwack, I made some good friends and the customers were mostly nice. I lived in an apartment across the street from the store and had 2 other emplyees living there. When I needed someone to help me, they always helped me, even bringing home my new electric fireplace and helping me put it together and setting it up. It was a really nice experience working there I hope I can find the same in either Sherwood Park or Fort Saskatchewan
Pros
Canadian owed
Cons
Working with incompitant mechanics and service advisors. Ownership is too old.
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC2 April 2018
Way to much turnover. It's understandable when the mechanics are still working with a obsolete flat rate system in a dead shop. Would you get your car fixed at Canadian Tire.? I wouldnt. How good is a mechanic who earns 20.00 an hour.? Service advisors have no idea what they are doing and are considered an asset because of there commitment to the company not there abilities. Professionalism does not exist at this location. I encourage you to make a visit before you apply here and see for yourself. Furthermore, the owner of this location is living in the past. There was a time when I was proud to be a Service Advisor with Canadian Tire and there are some shop that do a good job. Defiantly not the case in either store in Kamloops. There is a good reason these two locations are dead. They suck.!
Pros
Good equipment and training
Cons
No business. Hours of standing around doing nothing
Great place for a first job.
Part Time employee, Home Décor Department (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC2 April 2018
Worked there part time as a high school student in Grade 11 and 13. It was a welcoming environment and very flexible to meet my sports and extracurricular activity schedules. Learned a lot about costumer relations and working in a team
Lots of things to learn and big workplace
Accounts Payable Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 April 2018
Everyone is nice here. Colleagues loves to communicate and help whenever you need. The environment is very sophisticated and positive. The best management I have ever seen in my entire career.
Pros
Group meetings and fun activities
An excellent management
FILL CREW (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK2 April 2018
I enjoyed the customer services.I learned how to organize items to be sold.The management is okay.Accuracy is the workplace culture.The hardest part of the job is stocking.I enjoyed the good human relationship of the management
Pros
A nice environment to work
Cons
working overtime
Mixed feelings about working here
PROMOTIONAL TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON2 April 2018
It started off as a really fun job to work at getting to help people improve their homes and lives, but the work environment itself for employees wasn't the greatest. No one wanted to help out other team members it was mostly a "every man for them self" unless you had to help a customer load something into their car and for me that made it a rather annoying place of work.
Pros
Lots of food options in the plaza
Cons
Long hours in steel toe boots, hard to work effectively after 3 hours in a 9-10 hour shift
Friendly work environment and good learning experience
Parts Person (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC31 March 2018
You meet lots of people from your community in this kind of store and learn interpersonal communication skills and other retail operational knowledge.
It's good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 March 2018
I liked it a lot. The people I worked with where knowledgeable and nice. The manager where nice to me and patient and always willing to help and work with you on your schedule.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 March 2018
A typical day at Canadian tire consists of clocking in and then working on whatever your manager has planned for you. It can vary from putting up deal signs, working on restocking, or any other specific job. The main goal of the sales associate is to help customers and to maintain your aisles.
productive workplace and great people
Hardware department (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 March 2018
working at Canadian tire was my first experience working at a retail store and it is easy to be around the people that are there they help the new employees in many ways and I really felt welcome
Pros
easy to work with people there
Cons
takes away my study time
Good Experience
floor staff (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin AB29 March 2018
My employment was temporary pending the start of my school. The team atmosphere was collaborative and the hours of operation reasonable. The work environment was poor with regards to the physical condition. The hardest part was being in the greenhouse which is isolated from the rest of the store. As the number of employees was short oftentimes there was no support. Supervisory skills needed improvement as a number of persons in the role received little or no formal training in the field. Overall, the experience was good.
Canadian tire
Lube/ Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2018
Canadian tire service center is a good place to work if you like a fast paced environment and enjoy working on vehicles. As a tire and lube tech your day will consist of tire change overs, rotations, patching holes and oil changes. When there is no work you are responsible for cleaning your work area and all the common areas of the shop. The management there is great. Pay is alright like everything else you've got to earn it if you want it. The shop is also big on safety. The owners if the store are awesome.
Pros
free lunches on the 15th of every month
Cons
minimal work in summer
its ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2018
the work is easy, can learn everything in one shift. management is bad, the gm doesn't listen nor care for the employees, he also doesn't give you any shifts to work for 3 week if you call in sick. the pay is OK if you are a part timer. i haven't been given any benefits so far. the co workers are nice and understanding, but most of them spend their time gossiping instead of working and helping customers. typical day is comfortable and manageable. the hardest part of the job is having to find a product with no location.
Great workplace, friendly staff, professional.
Merchandising, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 March 2018
Great place to work. Many opportunities to move up. Management is very inclusive, understanding and friendly. Flexible and safe work environment. Overall amazing experience working here.
miserable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON27 March 2018
most management were unfair
dead end job
I felt like I was pushed to quit
angry customers
staff were never happy
breaks were cut
overworked
underpaid
understaffed
Canadian Tire
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bayers Lake, NS27 March 2018
This is your typical retail and customer service job.

A good starter job for someone who is looking for customer service experience.

Most customer are good, however you always get the odd one out.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Cranky customers at times
vary good
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB26 March 2018
put out stock,make lables make sure prices are right and faced keep store clean help costemers find everything they need.must be punctuale and show up every shift.
Decent retail experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON26 March 2018
Working as a seasonal associate at Canadian tire was very labor intensive work. The management was mediocre, with some policies making a lot less sense than others. As such, there was great variance in what is expected of the workers based on which manager is on the floor and what their personal relationship with each associate is. Overall this variance creates a less professional work environment.
Pros
Great exercise, especially for building muscle
Cons
Somewhat unprofessional workplace culture
good placce to work
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB26 March 2018
Good place to work very welcoming good life work balance
over time sometimes training and PPE room for advancement
competitive wages would recommend this work place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K