Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

very discriminative and derogetory
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2018
everyone was very judgemental, very bias. no one arrived on time everything was unorganized people would have to stay longer because some people didn't do as instructed
Pros
paid lunch
High school job
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 May 2018
This was the job I got when I was in high school and that was about all it was. I loved the people I worked with but they were difficult when it came to working around a school schedule. Management was okay if they liked you, if they didn't you got unwanted shifts and the salary was average, with just at minimum wage at the time.
Great and Amazing work place
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON30 April 2018
I love working and love how managment is her. We and others go above and beyond to make sure that it is a fair and safe place to work and also the day goes by fast when enjoying your job
Pros
profit sharing, managment
Cons
nothing
decent place
Fill crew/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON30 April 2018
employees were often really good to work worth. hours were very flexible and although it got busy, it was always an enjoyable place to work in. strongly recommend
customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON30 April 2018
Good company to work for, hours aren't so flexible, but you do get full time. can't book any days off when you are full time which i find ridiculous. Good if you like to talk to customers.
Great Job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 April 2018
I was a cashier and an associate. Management was really fun to work with but one or two managers would be moody. Other coworkers were great to have around. I really laid back, chill job. Just have to do your work and no ones on your back!
Pros
10% off, great staff
Cons
moody managers
good place for your first job
Customer Care Team (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK28 April 2018
there is little ability to move up the chain of command. There is usually not many available hours therefore this job would best suite someone who is working part time
Pros
polite staff
Cons
boring work
Poor management; can be demanding
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS27 April 2018
Long hours, often called into work on days off, management was at times not good. Cashiers expected to complete various tasks. Co-workers are friendly, can be a stressful environment
Sales Associate at Canadian Tire Corporation Wawa is just OK
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wawa, ON27 April 2018
typical day a work has been just OK for sometime now. My tanlents are being utilized but some of my other telants have not even been discovered by my employer. They don't seem interested so I am not all that interested in advancement in this particular place of business. The job is sometimes physically tasking and often need help. Workplace culture could be improved... There are a few co-workers that need some help with their work ethic. The most enjoyable part of my job is greeting and helping the customer, for I believe that some people forget the customer is the reason you come to work and have a job/career.
Pros
Enjoy working with customers
Cons
physically tasking, working parnter/co-worker
Good company
Staff member (Former Employee) –  Alberta26 April 2018
Canadian Tire is a great company, each store is individually run so experiences may vary. Many of the dealers (owners) are incredibly focused and actually care about their customers and employees. Training is offered online as well as instore, and there is a code of ethics and policies put in place to help employees be the best they can.

Some dealers are not fabulous and ask you to do things you do not find ethical, cut hours that jerk young employees around, and don't represent Canadian Tire for the great company that it is.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
poor pay for regular staff
Bad Summer Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON25 April 2018
Would not recommend summer students to take on this job. Even though I had a positive experience working with the company, I believe that students can find better opportunities to learn more about customer service.
overall good place to work.
Customer Service and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON25 April 2018
The owner and store management were amazing, my favourite bosses that i have worked with. The job is overall very simple and easy. If you do your job and complete your tasks you will have no issues.
great place to work
Sales, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 April 2018
great associates and customers. You are treated like a family member . the hours are not to bad and you get great experience in all departments. I would work for them again
Professional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 April 2018
Canadian tire was a very professional place to work at. offered me some insight on automotive knowledge as well as retail knowledge . fgfg
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Truro, NS24 April 2018
CTC Truro is a very active work environment filled with helpful staff and management would highly recommend this store to anyone looking for a part time or full time job.
Pros
relaxing work environment
Cons
under staffed at times
Great people, limited opportunities for advancement.
Promotions and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE and Gravenhurst, ON24 April 2018
Pros: Awesome staff.
Cons: Expectation of availability; wanted 2-3 weeks advance notice to make the schedule, but posted it a week to the day before, so it was very difficult to plan personal life around work. Low pay for medium to high stress customer complaint situations. Medical benefits were available, but were pricey, and even then didn't cover everything it promised upon signup, after trying to process a claim.

Typical day included the usual rude and verbally abusive customers you can get anywhere, but the regulars always made up for it; first name basis, always friendly and even bringing little treats, coffee and such. Job itself was repetitive: processing returns, coordinating pickups, assemblies and deliveries, as well as mundane cashier duties.
Management was above average for a retail store, but I think I just got lucky with the locations. People worked together well, shared a great sense of humor, and were (mostly) respectful. Long hours on the feet and repetitive tasks sometimes created a lot of pain and muscular tension in the feet and back.
Pros
Awesome staff.
Cons
Low pay for medium to high stress customer complaint situations.
Not a very steady work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Luxemburg24 April 2018
The hours available to work were good for my student life, and booking time off was easy. Although the management wasn't great, it was a very disorganized place of work, calling in sick or leaving early because of sickness wasn't accepted by management. The workplace itself made me hate going to work.
Pros
Some great coworkers
Cons
Terribly rude customers daily
merchandising
Logistic Personal and Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kincardine, ON24 April 2018
I feel its a really go start for our young adults to start out aLot to learn and get started in learning to work as a team member .And dealing with customers first hand.
not amazing
Cashier, customer service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 April 2018
I learned a lot from the experience about workplace environments although I did not receive the respect from customers that I should have received at my position as a customer service rep.
overall decent
Automotive service technician(Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 April 2018
Its was a pretty amazing from what i experienced. Everyone was treated with respect and was close like family. Management had made the workplace an easy and fun environment to work in. I honestly regret leaving to go elsewhere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K