Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Pay & Benefits reviews

Good experience
Department associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB23 May 2018
It was a good learning experience. The people I worked with taught me a lot, they really helped me know how the job works, and how to do the job most efficiently.
Pros
Good lunch time, and time off.
Cons
None.
The pay sucks
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cole Harbour, NS22 May 2018
I'm the assembler and get paid for assembling each item.
If the item is defective I don't get paid and no compensation for MY time unwrapping it and dealing with the trash and I have to start over on another identical item hoping it isn't also defective.
Items I don't normally assembly (concrete mixer, lawnmower for example) I usually get shorted on my pay.
I'm expected to deal with customers for free ( free labour for CT)
A good week for me is no errors on my pay.
Cons
Retail business with many difficult customers
Service advisor (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON16 May 2018
Was a very challenging job with little support with the many difficult customers and situations. Wage was on the low end of service advisor postions. Great profit sharing plan.
Very supportive of personal circumstances for a large corp.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 May 2018
Enjoyed my time there very much. Very friendly staff and management. Unfortunately the floor staff have low morale as they aren't paid very well for such a demanding job. The warehouse however was very efficient and relaxed.
Pros
Free lunches, smoke breaks, greaqt discounts
Cons
low morale, high turnover, not consistant work
Was a good experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2018
It def had its busy rush hour times and slower periods, if it was Christmas and busy you would get more hours otherwise dont expect full time hours. It was good retails experience and an overall nice environment, it was fun working in the automotive industry i def learned a lot!!
Decent workplace
Garden Centre Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 May 2018
The workplace is decent, with everything being perfect if staff is being productive. The issue comes when there is nothing to do. If there are no jobs to do, and no customers to help, managers get very upset. If you are not a full time and established member of the workplace, your hours are in danger
Pros
friendly workplace
Cons
bad pay and shaky hours for part time employees
part time employee
CUSTOMER SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 May 2018
good management and reasonable with employees needs. Always available to help when needed, great for a student to get some extra income while studying.
Good place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador3 May 2018
It was a decent place to work for me when I was in high school. I would go in and put out stock. It was a pretty good work place environment. Breaks were fair.
High school job
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 May 2018
This was the job I got when I was in high school and that was about all it was. I loved the people I worked with but they were difficult when it came to working around a school schedule. Management was okay if they liked you, if they didn't you got unwanted shifts and the salary was average, with just at minimum wage at the time.
decent place
Fill crew/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON30 April 2018
employees were often really good to work worth. hours were very flexible and although it got busy, it was always an enjoyable place to work in. strongly recommend
customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON30 April 2018
Good company to work for, hours aren't so flexible, but you do get full time. can't book any days off when you are full time which i find ridiculous. Good if you like to talk to customers.
Poor management; can be demanding
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS27 April 2018
Long hours, often called into work on days off, management was at times not good. Cashiers expected to complete various tasks. Co-workers are friendly, can be a stressful environment
Great people, limited opportunities for advancement.
Promotions and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE and Gravenhurst, ON24 April 2018
Pros: Awesome staff.
Cons: Expectation of availability; wanted 2-3 weeks advance notice to make the schedule, but posted it a week to the day before, so it was very difficult to plan personal life around work. Low pay for medium to high stress customer complaint situations. Medical benefits were available, but were pricey, and even then didn't cover everything it promised upon signup, after trying to process a claim.

Typical day included the usual rude and verbally abusive customers you can get anywhere, but the regulars always made up for it; first name basis, always friendly and even bringing little treats, coffee and such. Job itself was repetitive: processing returns, coordinating pickups, assemblies and deliveries, as well as mundane cashier duties.
Management was above average for a retail store, but I think I just got lucky with the locations. People worked together well, shared a great sense of humor, and were (mostly) respectful. Long hours on the feet and repetitive tasks sometimes created a lot of pain and muscular tension in the feet and back.
Pros
Awesome staff.
Cons
Low pay for medium to high stress customer complaint situations.
it was good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 April 2018
It was a good job got a lot of hours up until February but then my hours got cut and I got a call in march that I got laid off. I wish I had some notice before then I would of not quit my last job.
Pros
breaks were paid
Cons
long shifts
Nice owner
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 April 2018
I worked for them when I was in high school. The owner rewarded me with a cash reward when I was honest about them paying me too much on my pay check.
Good job overall
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  4776 Bank Street18 April 2018
The job was good overall, the staff and boss were excellent and kind. I found that we were treated with a lot of respect and I felt comfortable. The only downside was low pay.
Pros
Treated well
Cons
Low pay
Fun workplace but not good management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 April 2018
fun job and easy but the management needs improvement. I have worked there for 2 years and has done a lot for the company but they oversee your hardship and when you make a small mistake they are easy to let you go
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
bad management
productive and fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 April 2018
I liked this company they paid my on time and they had good management. I quite because I was going on vacation and they didn't let me to take 3 months off.
Wasn’t the greatest job
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB15 April 2018
Stocking shelves for min wage was not for me. But really enjoyed th paint both mixing desired colours for customers. Trouble shooting and problem solving skills with color matchingwas good enjoyed it.
Pros
Customers and relations with them
Cons
Low Wages
Great people terrible advancement
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB15 April 2018
You had to practically beg for a raise, even when it was promised. But the management was incredibly kind and busy so it was understandable. A great first job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K