Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 650 reviews matching the search See all 3,590 reviews
Super fun
Cashier, hardware, fill crew, seasonal , decor (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON14 August 2018
Everyone was always so nice and caring. there were a few issues with management but they were always eventually fixed. there are so many departments so its easy to find a place to fit in.
Pros
good hours
Cons
having to stay overtime
The company was very accomodating to my work needs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanover, ON9 August 2018
This job was a part time job in addition to a full time job. I had stretched myself a little too thin and perhaps would rate this job higher otherwise.
Pros
Social committee was inclusive
Cons
More hours given than I was able to work
Ok job, if you want to live paycheck to paycheck
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 August 2018
Associates and middle management is great. Upper management doesn't care about employees. Poor pay, hard work conditions. Profit sharing is decent, but if you are not a golden child, the contribution is low. Hours are cut regularly, I was "full time" and only getting 29 hours a week. Employee discount is only 10%. If you want an item, wait for it to go on sale, then use your discount.
Pros
Team members, floor managers, hours can be flexible.
Cons
Closing shifts, rotten customers, having to do more duties for the same money, don't believe it when they mention "Advancement Opportunity". Just more work, for a small raise.
Inconsistent
Auto Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB5 August 2018
Bust your butt and they deduct your hours for breaks you don’t even get to take. Work overtime and they don’t pay you the hours you worked. Service manager can’t control his department if his life depended on it. Constant staff turnover. They do not give raises like they tell you they will when hired. Poor training.
Fair working conditions
Automotive Service Technician(2nd year apprentice) (Current Employee) –  Peace River, AB3 August 2018
Finish my 2nd year apprenticeship did not receive any salary increment, just so disappointing. On my 1st year I was not able to receive an increment as well
The Canadian Tire Experience
Auto Parts Associate (Mostly) (Former Employee) –  2025 Kipling Avenue1 August 2018
At Canadian Tire it was fun yet tiring to work the hours during the week. I learned many unique parts at the automotive counter and gained a little experience from customers that my managers didn't know about because they had no clue themselves. The management was very well maintained. I felt like I can trust my managers and co-workers even though I thought I cant. The hardest part in Canadian Tire is going in the morning to start off your day because you basically keep repeating everything you did last time, which is good. The most enjoyable part of the job is to have that 1 or 2 customers make a day at the end of every shift. For an example, some days it would be bad and you would have that one customer come in to make you smile.
Pros
The benefits of working at Canadian Tire
Cons
Angry customers dealt by previous workers
Appreciated Hard Work
Everything (Former Employee) –  Ontario31 July 2018
Worked at Canadian tire for over seven years, all throughout my educational pursuits. Went through many departments and many more responsibilities without an increase in pay. Managers were wonderful and they were very accommodating. Up until about three months before the time i quit i felt appreciated and knowledgable, having worked in virtually every department in the store. Employees were friendly and helpful and environment was high stress at times but generally positive. An excellent place to work for anyone who has high work ethic or in school.

One of the managers liked to micromanage the wrong staff, unfortunately.

Scheduling was wonky at times and schedules were not always given on time. Some hours were weird and counterproductive, but I always had my full 40 hours a week.
Pros
Discount, flexible hours, felt appreciated
Cons
High turnover, stressful in summer and christmas, sometimes unreasonable expectations
flexible hours
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB13 July 2018
- minimum wage job with no raises
- Very flexible days worked.
- every 2nd Saturday off
- Boring cheap social fund activities
- poor upper management
- favoritism
- poor training
Pros
Flexible hours worked
Cons
Favoritism and low wages
Good team environment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 July 2018
A good team environment, with flexible hours. Lots to learn by in the manner of doing your job but as well as helping the mechanics with certain jobs. Management was outstanding in trying to work with the staff to accommodate and conditions that would arise.
Pros
Good shift hours
Cons
Pay is limited
Great first job
Cashier, Garden Center, Seasonal Department (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK12 July 2018
You learn alot about products/items in whichever department your placed. Great coworkers, i loved my supervisor! He was amazing. My manager was okay, she tried her best. You'd get raises every 6 months depending on your work ethic, got a 75 cent raise in the year and a half i was there.
Pros
Learn about many different things.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Great staff, but poor managemnt
Duty Manager, Service Advisor and Parts Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON11 July 2018
Working for Canadian Tire is a great experience.

The individual dealers of the stores are not always the best to work with. Lots of family management which can cause problems for staff and customers.
Pros
Good staff and benefits
Cons
Too much family!
Management presence ensures a respectful and friendly workplace.
Store Project Team (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 July 2018
This Canadian Tire store feels like an intimate family. Employees are respected and work/social events are encouraged. Work hour flexibility exists in terms of requesting variable hours (but also includes unavoidable tardiness). I have always felt valued.
Pros
10% employee discount; full time employees are enrolled in the profit sharing plan.
Cons
Can't say I experienced any
Friendly staff and at times difficult customers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 July 2018
A typical day at work is restocking shelves and helping customers find what they're looking for. I've learned to do cash and how to use RF guns and EFD scanners. Most of the management is extremely friendly and the rest of the staff are very nice and fun. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with certain customers and that nobody really receives any raises. The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff, they're a lot of fun to work with and I made many friends working at Canadian Tire.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
unpaid breaks
warehouse helper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 July 2018
Great place to work, flexable hours, got to know a lot of co-workers. Good team atmosphere. Management no so great difficult to work with, demanding and self absorbed. Management expected too much done in too little time.
Pros
good team atmosphere
Cons
low pay
Decent job
Warehouse Person (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 July 2018
Decent place to work with room for advancement but the hours aren't ideal. Start time is at 5:45 am til 3:45 or 3:45 pm til 1:45 am 4 days a week so its a little hard on the work life balance. Good room for moving up and fairly solidly run company. Pay is decent and you learn how to operate many different types of power equipment and safety courses. Stock options, profit sharing and tier benefit system make for a decent job. As long as you work safe and work hard you'll enjoy the job.
Pros
Stable hours, overtime benefits
Cons
have to work weekends, high standards.
Nice place
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 July 2018
Was easy place to work. Friendly people all around. Overall, worth a good first job in freshman year. Would reccomened ten out of ten. Apply now or dont
Good place to work especially if you don't know much about hardware
Cashier/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 July 2018
A typical day of work you can get a flexible shift since, they train everyone, to work in each other's department. If someone, phone in sick there is someone to replace them in their department. The management was the best I have ever worked with. Very supportive, encouraging and easy to talk with about any issues. The hardest part of the job is that it can get very busy also the customers are not easy to deal with can be rude, aggressive. The most enjoyable part of the job was very supportive staff.
Pros
Profit sharing, flexible schedule, vacation
Cons
Low wages, no benefits for part-time workers.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ON4 July 2018
Canadian tire is a fun place to work for student. Hours are not always guarantee. You need to love working on your feet as per job discription. You also have to loved working with the public.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Not enough hours
Great exposure, good learning experience
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2018
work life balance, good profit sharing, fun environment

Good benefits, perks with the right owner

Employee discount at Harvey's, Mark's WorkCanadian Tire store locations for full-time employees, paid lunches, relatively easy work.
decent place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 June 2018
learned tons of valuable life lessons at this job. everyday developed into a routine and it became easy. the job had days where it was hard to get certain routines and tasks done. all together this job was good
Pros
good pay
Cons
favorites

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K