Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Productive work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Campbellton, NB12 June 2018
Stocking all the items in the warehouse and unloading all the vans that would come in. Operated the forklift for heavy loads and would operate a scissor lift.
Good place needs work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC4 June 2018
The job is understaffed, talking with customers is a good way to gain social skills. too much weight put on employees due to understaffing. good job for a change of pace.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
Low pay low advancement
Canadian Tire is a workplace where customers benefit from caring staff and a well- stocked store.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2018
At Canadian Tire I learnt the importance of customer care, which is also part of the workplace culture there. I enjoyed helping customers . Its so fun
Pros
Friendly staff
was a very disfunctional place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 May 2018
people that worked their were rude and ignorant.It was very unorganized. Under staffed. At some times i was barley taught how to work there properly. i was left on my own at time when i didn't know what to do at all.
Pros
Cons
negative place
ok place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 May 2018
it was an ok place to work. Some of the employee's were good to work with. hours were good . unloaded elevator stocked shelves filled customer orders.
Great experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2018
This job enabled me to refine my customer service skills. It also taught me patience with management and other employees. It taught me critical thinking skills in terms of space management. Working the warehouse means you have to learn how to create a neat and tidy, organised yet safe environment. I was proud by the end of the day to see a very full and messed up warehouse become full but organised and safe. This is minimum wage so it made for a good part-time job that occasionally was full time hours. There were some hazards and dangerous situations which I think should not be overlooked. I should not have done some of the things I had to do like lifting heavy skids off of one another in a shipment truck or moving skids of salt on ice and couldn't stop them well while on a truck.
Very supportive of personal circumstances for a large corp.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 May 2018
Enjoyed my time there very much. Very friendly staff and management. Unfortunately the floor staff have low morale as they aren't paid very well for such a demanding job. The warehouse however was very efficient and relaxed.
Pros
Free lunches, smoke breaks, greaqt discounts
Cons
low morale, high turnover, not consistant work
Worst place to work!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 May 2018
It ok for young people who only want to work for a year. However, it is the worst place to work. Poor management and supervisor! Some co workers r great to work with. But beware some r not! They report u if they don't like u. They find a way to get rid of u.
No chance of moving up. Pay is terrible! Not worth my time and effort to work there.
Pros
It a job
Cons
Poor pay, poor mangerment/ suoervisor
Fast paced
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 May 2018
Nice friendly staff, flexible hours, payed the bills. Very fast paced, with lots of product moving in and out of the store! Customers are what they are!
Interesting
Heavy lifting/warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON11 April 2018
This was an interesting job i ended up quitting due to bad manager skills. A typical work day was unpacking and stocking all the inventory we had received during the day , it was a night shift so the life balance was hard to deal with.
Great enviornment to work in.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 March 2018
Excellent atmosphere, but pay sucks, there are no full time positions unless you are a manager, no benefits unless you are full time.. no guarantee of hours..
Job security and flexability
Warehouse Person (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON2 March 2018
A productive work environment that suites my needs. A great working schedule that works with family time. Job security with profit sharing and benefits.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Long hours and distance
Not bad place to work
Warehouse/Receiving Worker (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON23 February 2018
Overall had a good experience working at Canadian Tire. The hours were plentiful, despite how early they could start. There were some great managers, but other ones who were... not so great. Good place to work overall, ideally as a summer job.
Fun Place to work
Warehouse Associate and a Mover (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 February 2018
Nice place to work. Coming across different people of different nationality. Being a responsible person I feel like this is the good place where I can show case all my skills.
Benefits and work schedules are awesome.
Warehouse Staff (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB7 February 2018
The management makes sure that everyone gets alternating weekend off, has great benefit package like profit sharing & paid leave. Job security depends on volume of customers.
Pros
Benefits are good and schedule is workable.
Cons
Needs focus on people development.
Warehouse Canadian Tire
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 February 2018
Very busy, fun easy paced work area met a lot of nice workers/customers. best part was when we got shipments of tire's never seen that many in 1 truck my department supervisor was scanning them and rolling them to me as I put them on to a conveyor belt.
fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 January 2018
it was a fun place positive staff, had a wonderful balance with work a and social life. well managed and well instructed. very understanding and accommodating
Pros
free lunches
Cons
mightshift
Review
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 January 2018
Not nice to customers, doesn’t give students shifts to make payments, they get a lot of complants. Some of the cashiers are polite but others don’t say much.
Warehouse Employee
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON4 January 2018
Great management, great job, love going to work. Pay is great but takes a few years to get to top rate. Company allows you to advance your career get opportunities.
Satisfactory part time job
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 December 2017
Unload trucks, stock inventory. Reasonable part time position, not really any opportunity for advancement, pay was within reason. Management was poorly handled

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K