Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Excellent Management
Sales Associate Full-time/Seasonal Part-time (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB16 June 2018
The management team at Canadian Tire in St. Albert is wonderful. I have always enjoyed working there. Everyday is different and fun! It is also a great place for students to start in the workforce.
Summary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL12 June 2018
A typical day at work is starting with a walk though your department looking for safety issues, also stocking the shelves. Helping customers with any questions they might have. I have learned a lot by working at Canadian tire, customers are always top priority. Canadian tire also have great learning tools on there Canadian tire University. The management are always there with a helping hand, they are always there for you when you need help. The hardest part of the job is knowing the right answer for a customer they have a question about product. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate Promo Dept. - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 June 2018
This was a great place to work. Management was very good and people I worked with were great. I really enjoyed stocking shelves with merchandise and assisting customers and other staff,.
Productive, fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2018
A typical day at Canadian tire consisted of making sales, while being kind and patient with customers. The hardest part of my job was the balance between school and work, however, as I am graduating high school in june, my hours will be more flexible.
Pros
Being able to interact with people, and creating new memories.
Just terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON6 June 2018
I worked at the Simcoe and Delhi locations. Management lacks communication skills, while constantly undermining employees. If you raise any issues or change your availability you get punished by losing hours, if you even get any hours on the next schedule.

But the biggest issue is the owner of these locations: her only concern is the bottom line. She's absolutely vicious and unconcerned about her employees. Makes for a highly toxic work environment.
Pleasant environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB5 June 2018
As a youngster working there, I was treat with respect and trained in many fields that weren't mandatory for the employer. Lots of opportunity for growth
Pros
The CT team tend to work well together
Cons
Some tasks are monotonous
Good young atmosphere to work
Sports sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON1 June 2018
The atmosphere was always a friendly one, a lot of employees in their teenaged Years. However my fellow co-workers complained how they had been working there for 5+ years and never once received a raise.
Was fun to be around enjoyable people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB31 May 2018
It was nice until new ownership and losting 10 people within a week but everyone stayed happy and enjoyable. They were all hard working staff even when they didn’t want to come to work.
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Having so much carts from the day before
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  British Columbia18 May 2018
boss was great they was very nice all my co workers were great easy to have fun wish you can take it easy and just put in good work definitely would recommend.
Meh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 May 2018
Managers were occasionally good.
General Manager at time was rude and inconsiderate towards employees and was inappropriate around young female coworkers at cash.
Organization was constantly required and was done before end of day
Pros
lunches, friendly coworkers
Cons
management
fun experience
Sports Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 May 2018
enjoyed working with the people there, still friends with them to this day, love helping customers and setting up the store floor and learning new merchandise sold at the store
Best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON1 May 2018
Canadian Tire is like one big family. The employees give off such a positive energy that make the overall work environment a very pleasant one. I frequently go back to visit my old coworkers.
decent place
Fill crew/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON30 April 2018
employees were often really good to work worth. hours were very flexible and although it got busy, it was always an enjoyable place to work in. strongly recommend
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Truro, NS24 April 2018
CTC Truro is a very active work environment filled with helpful staff and management would highly recommend this store to anyone looking for a part time or full time job.
Pros
relaxing work environment
Cons
under staffed at times
Not a very steady work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Luxemburg24 April 2018
The hours available to work were good for my student life, and booking time off was easy. Although the management wasn't great, it was a very disorganized place of work, calling in sick or leaving early because of sickness wasn't accepted by management. The workplace itself made me hate going to work.
Pros
Some great coworkers
Cons
Terribly rude customers daily
Health Benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Martensville, SK16 April 2018
typical dayy at work would be sharpening skates, helping customers with their hockey needs and desires (depending on season) also selling fitness equipment and informing customers on the "how to's" of exercising safely.
the only bad experience i have had from this job is that training was hit and miss, my manager was not very informative in telling me how to do certain jobs, including product look up and using a scanner. had to require help from other employee's and luckily i already had years of customer service expertise.
Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 April 2018
Canadian Tire was a very good learning experience. Although I was not entirely happy with my position, I learned from it and improved my customer service skills.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 March 2018
A typical day at Canadian tire consists of clocking in and then working on whatever your manager has planned for you. It can vary from putting up deal signs, working on restocking, or any other specific job. The main goal of the sales associate is to help customers and to maintain your aisles.
its ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2018
the work is easy, can learn everything in one shift. management is bad, the gm doesn't listen nor care for the employees, he also doesn't give you any shifts to work for 3 week if you call in sick. the pay is OK if you are a part timer. i haven't been given any benefits so far. the co workers are nice and understanding, but most of them spend their time gossiping instead of working and helping customers. typical day is comfortable and manageable. the hardest part of the job is having to find a product with no location.
terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC25 March 2018
you are thrown into whatever area you are needed and have to learn how to do things by yourself. terrible management as well some 26 year old uneducated jerk who is extremely condescending and rude.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K