Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

• Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Very stressful

Not much education goes into training new employees unless you take online courses. Minimum pay and exhaustive hours. Not a safe work environment. Safety standards not enforced.

Pros

It is a job

Cons

Lack of leadership

Don't work here. (period)

I'll make it easy for you...Do not work here. Management doesn't care about employee health or safety. A core group works slow and new employees get worked hard then when you stop they begin to harass you until you want to quit. Unprofessional and highly toxic work environment. I like Canadian Tire as a customer, but to work there it trash.

Pros

2 paid breaks ($5 per break not life changing)

Cons

Lack of Health and Safety protocols

Terrible management

The management is extremely terrible, it’s a bunch of college kids who have favourites and have their own little clique. It’s kind of like a high school and you don’t advance in the company. If you surpass 3 sick days you get fired

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Bad management

Hated every single day.

Hated working there, the job itself was good if management wasn't so bad, I felt manipulated anytime I made a mistake and made to feel stupid. Some of the managers are so bad, that they are heavily understaffed because nobody wants to work in that managers department. Co workers are allowed to be horrible to each other with no recourse. "OH that's just how they are" is the most likely response you'll get. So honestly just avoid the place and you'll be happy.

Benefits

Cons

Toxic work environment

Awful Place to Work

Every couple weeks they make changes to the rules that make no sense, fire you for asking questions, they make you stay past your scheduled time. They treat the employees like trash.

Pros

10% store discount

Cons

almost everything else

Alright

No better or worse than any other retail job. The store that I worked at let every full timer have every second weekend off, which was nice. There was always some sort of drama going on, but that's not unusual for anywhere.

Store manager only good thing in store

Ok to work for,no support if you want to move up in the company,very little pay raises, it seems like certain people are only looking out for themselves

Pros

Enjoyed working with store manager

Cons

No promotions, no pay raise, no support from upper management

Trash

Management was horrible. I was treated so unfairly and was never given time off that was requested weeks in advance. Cannot recommend anyone to work here it was horrible

Pros

Friends

Cons

Management and long hours

great coworkers to work with

its a great place to work for. the beneifts are amazing from credit card discounts to buying gas and buying things from sport chek and party city and marks

Fast paced, dynamic environment.

The adage that you get out of this experience is truly accurate at Canadian Tire. If you show up ready to take on what comes to you, you will be very useful and rewarded.

Pros

Staff discount, competitive wages, Profit shares...

Cons

High turnover of staff

Exellent starting job

First company I have worked for that actually showed any appreciation for everyone's hard work. Regularly provided Lunches as well as a very nice christmas gift where always surprising, but welcome. Plenty of room for growth.

Pros

Lunches, Culture

Cons

Minimum wage, Customers, physically demanding

Great place to work i loved it el

Fun place to work at southdale when I worked there in 2001 to 2003 they valued your input and co workers were awesome the manager was a very fair man el

Pros

Knew all about the sales before hand

Cons

Evenings

Tire technician

Worse experience . I will never back there. Management does not care about employees. They never promise me full time job opportunities. Not very good place.

Not a bad first job

Only worked here temporarily, not a bad place to work but can be stressful. Did not receive full training.

Fast pasted

It is a friendly place to work we have fun while we work management is easy to talk to clean and respectful I really enjoy working there you can have full or part time

Draining workplace environment

Not very productive or professional work environment. Employees expect you to know everything when you just started working there and get upset if you have questions. Beware of quitting here as well they don’t let new employees know about how when you quit without a 2 week notice they can withhold your pay. This has got to be the worst retail place i’ve ever worked at.

Pros

Breaks i guess

Cons

Work environment

Its a meh place to work its not great but for someone without highschool education this is your start

its not great but for someone without highschool education this is your start. It's where you go to keep looking for another job because if you stay here your gonna regret it.

Cons

They will get their money's worth from you...

Relaxed work environment, but busy

Boss is easy going Iam a part time student ,she works with me. Clean and safe environment. Customers are friendly. Can be fast paced and time goes by quickly.

Pros

Boss is great

Cons

Hours

Interesting workplace

I liked working at Canadian Tire because everyone is friendly and know what they were doing. I appreciate them for hiring me for a short period even though it didn"t work out.

Pros

10% employee discount

Stressful and lack of respect for employees

They talk a good talk les then half of what they say is the truth after one thing there it’s the money their employees are like prison inmates just a number I worked their fir eleven years the last four years as department Magee at just above mininimum wage and it was a very stressful experience I stated because I loved working with the other employees and dealing with the customers loved the interaction with them

Pros

10 percent discount

Cons

No respect, stressful environment . No raises no matter how hard you work, Worked there for eleven years and only rise to 14.50 per hour in a management position

Poor management, empty promises, poor guidance from management, under staffed, spend way too much time doing multiple jobs.

What a mess that place is! It's where Automotive Service Managers go to die. They went through a bunch in a short time, and it's impossible to reach there lofty expectations. Good luck to who ever manages this place next! Poor leadership, too many bosses, lack of staff, etc. You'll spend time cutting keys, working cash, calling customers, and dealing with rude customers all at the same time. How can anyone run the garage like this? Terrible experience, will never go back there. If you have talent to manage, don't waste your time there.

Pros

It's an experience, I suppose.

Cons

No staff, super high expectations, lower than average salary, too many bosses, its a sinking ship

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.4K