Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Very nice working place with lots of nice people that are easy to get along with.
Automotive Parts/Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 February 2018
The work place is very well looked after and the people you work with are so nice and easy to get along with from what I’ve experienced. When working there when it comes to the breaks and lunchtimes it’s all timed and coordinated very well so while someone’s on lunch or a break while the other(s) is still out working on the floor and then when you switch off.
Pros
The employees and managers all get along so well it’s mice to see, the brakes and lunchtimes are handled very well, and there’s always something that can be done
Cons
You only get payed so much and it’s hard to get a raise there.
Co-op at Canadian Tire
job, volunteer work, co-op (Former Employee) –  250 Kingston road18 February 2018
From school I would go straight to co-op ready to learn. I would get there then go to the auto section of the store because I worked with the auto mechanics. I would learn how to change oil, change tires propeller and to clean the auto shop propeller. The hardest part about the job is the you are always on the move and it really puts you to work. The part I like the most about the job was that I got to see a lot of different cars.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
No pay
Productive, fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS16 February 2018
I worked in most of the departments and here I did stock, locating missing products, organization, cleaning, customer service. I also worked as a cashier, here I withheld cashier duties, provided the very best customer service, cleaning, organization and stock.
Pros
good hours
Good Overall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2018
fast pace time consuming environment which is really good to pass time
Always something to do stock restock shelves deal with returned items customer service
Job with room to grow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON15 February 2018
In four years I learned 7 different departments. The staff regularly engaged in holiday activities such as staff Christmas parties, etc. Features a lot of great job incentives.
ce que j'ai appris
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Edmundston, NB15 February 2018
j'ai appris a avoir une bonne communication avec les gens
Busy and fast paced
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Gander, NL14 February 2018
Did overall enjoy working at Canadian tire. I just wish that the management was better than what it was, they made it impossible to advance my skills within the work force.
Wow amazing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE14 February 2018
😌 I love canadian tires wow so good so many hours for me to work and people are so nice I hope I get to work here forever and they never fire me everyone should work here
Pros
Free love
Cons
Have to go home
decent place to work
Shop foreman/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BC13 February 2018
didnt enjoy working there, not very challenging, expected you to sell unessecary services. good group of people, very friendly and easy to get along with
Great atmosphere, very straight forward job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Hastings, NS13 February 2018
Overall I enjoyed my position with this company however the owners of the store I worked in were terrible business owners and it was this that persuaded my to find a new career path.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 February 2018
This is the first company that open the door for employment to me. I gain experienced in dealing with customers and develop my confidence with interaction with others.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Sometime no hours available
good job for highschool student
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Castlegar BC12 February 2018
Good for students, low pay though and very little raises. Expect not all but some of management to be unprofessional at times. Can get quite busy on occasions but usually was laid back, often there was not much to do on many days
Not a good place to work
Cashier/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS12 February 2018
not good management unfair pay unfair shifts/ hours did not like my time here what so ever. a few good employees here and there but overall would not recommend
It was good job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Napanee, ON12 February 2018
It was my first real job as a student. I worked lots of hours and was promoted to manager to cover for a maternity leave. I worked at the store for 3 years, one teal full time. I left to further my education
Strained workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON12 February 2018
Lots of workplace politics and chatter, gossip. Not a lot of job security or respect given to part time workers. Heater and air conditioner often broke. No breaks given to night shift workers.
Pros
Holiday pay after two years and rare free lunches or snacks
Cons
Hours fluctuate wildly
accommodating and positive envrironment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON12 February 2018
they were excellent with time off and working around school and extra curricular activities but management can be harsh at times in was that are unnecessary. The staff was my favourite part about working there.
Pros
accommodating and awesome staff members
Great workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 February 2018
when I first started at Canadian tire everyone was so nice to me they did a very good job of making me feel welcomed and also a great job at training me to be the best cashier I can be, the Management and overall people who work there just make everyday at Canadian tire much more enjoyable. I love working at Canadian tire,
Fun but very conservative culture
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2018
I think CTC should bring more innovation into everything they do.
The culture in general, at least based on my few months of interaction, is very conservative.
On the other hand, salary is not competitive at all in Toronto, but many perks and benefit.
Good people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK11 February 2018
Awsome people to work with, great location to shop, great benefits, good pay, great boss to work with, and i have no complaints about working thre at all.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Different hours
Fun Place to work
Warehouse Associate and a Mover (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 February 2018
Nice place to work. Coming across different people of different nationality. Being a responsible person I feel like this is the good place where I can show case all my skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K