Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, can advance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB11 December 2017
Great place to work because it is well managed, and very clean/ organized unlike come of the other stores. Great people to work with as well, most people get along. Can also advance in career
not apleasing place
Tire and Parts Installer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 December 2017
DONT DO IT !!
Worst place to work if your trying to get somewhere in life. started working and hours got cut after being promised so much then no hours.
Pros
free pizza
Cons
everything
Productive and Friendly environment
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 December 2017
I enjoyed working at Canadian Tire, as I got to meet new people and help with there needs, my co-workers always made sure I was good as I worked really hard in there to keep it clean and made sure all my customers found what they needed quick and was on there way.
Pros
Flexible Shift and Nice Co-workers
Not nice
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS9 December 2017
Horrible bosses and workers treated all women like garbage very rude and never nice to costumers only reason people go there is because it’s the only other gas station in the pier
Great Workplace
Propane Attendant (Licensed) (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 December 2017
great management
great employees
very good hours with good pay rate
got raise every 3 months
hosted great fundraisers and events within the company.
Productive and fun, nice work environment.
Customer Assistant Paint desk (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 December 2017
I really enjoyed working at the paint desk. Was kinda tricky but after a couple tries i was able to do it no problem. I also really enjoyed my manager and my supervisor they were both very nice along with everyone else.
Pros
discount
Cons
no free time
good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB5 December 2017
it was a good first job. The pay sucked. The people were great. The owner was a very bad boss but the managers were awesome and easy to work with. It was a good first job
Retail
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Flin Flon, MB5 December 2017
The day starts with a group meeting, targets to be made and job tasks for the day. I have to make a hole list in my department, automotive, and reverse fill holes from warehouse stock . I have learned to work in a fast paced environment, dealing with customers face to face and on the phone.
Pros
Dealing with friendly customers
Cons
Long hours, underpaid
environnement de travail très stressant
commis (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC5 December 2017
aucune appreciation , belle promesse mais jamais rien
Cons
toujours plus avec moin
Comfortable workplace environment
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2017
Being a service adviser at any shop can be a difficult task as you are dealing with both customers and auto technicians to ensure the customer gets total satisfaction. having strong communication skills is a great asset. being a car enthusiast i got to expand my knowledge towards cars and how complex the services can be. hardest part of the job was making sure all customer needs/requests were performed and done efficiently as possible, so having a strong connection with all techs would ensure the best outcome.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
service advisers had to cover parts desk as well.
People
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC4 December 2017
I met new friends working here. It was a stressful work environment. Lots of rude customers who expect you to break company policy....................
A typical day
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2017
A typical day was supporting all Human Resource team members with any inquiries. Worked on several projects...HRIS and was apart of training new staff on the new system.
Pros
Great place to work and grow
Cons
To far
Canadian tire
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 December 2017
i would recomend canadian tire to anyone who would like to learn the basics or just advance in what they know now, i worked at the 420 (sunrise plaza) the techs there are awesome, great bunch of guys, the managment is awesome, the head foremans are great, the work is pretty straight forward, for none licensed tech, youll be doing oil, changes, tire, 4 tires jobs, not to worry the slow time youll get to learn everything from brakes, to simple engine repairs or fixes, diagnose, if your worry about not knowing anything that okay because there is great bunch of guys who will help you learn very quick as long as you want to learn.
Pros
pretty much everything
Cons
working satudays and sundays isnt fun.
Fun if you are mangement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON2 December 2017
It was good for me because I was mangement but for the workers I felt sorry for them, Canadian Tire would only pay minium wage and a good portion of it went towards gas because the workers would travel anywhere from 30-60 km a day on the 401 to get to and from work
Pros
make my own schedule
Cons
had to cover shifts if no one was available
A good part-time job for students.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Exeter, ON1 December 2017
I worked here for a little while near the end of high school. It was a pretty laid back job and everyone was easy to work with. I loved getting to work outside in the summer. Management was good.
Pros
No late hours.
Cons
Pay was not great.
Équipe de travail jeune et dynamique
Caissière et service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC1 December 2017
En entrant, un meeting direction-employés, a savoir, la date du jour, soit le 1 er du mois , ou les gens font plus d'achat, valider avec chaque département, de sorte que tous les secteurs soient couverts, tant pour les vols a l'étalage, que pour le service à la clientèle. Opérer la caisse, offrir a chaque client un service particulier, afin que tous aient envie de revenir. Fermer le magasin, remplir les étalages le plus près de la caisse, afin de ne jamais manquer une vente, et surtout, le client avant tout ! Ne jamais faire attendre un client et user de politesse et de patience en tout temps!
Pros
Grande disponibilité de la direction, et de la gestion
Cons
fluctuation des heures de travail, manque de régularité, quand on doit travailler a temps plein, périodes creuses...
Staff was nice, job was stressful
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Sechelt, BC1 December 2017
The staff was really nice to be around, super friendly and helpful but you could tell that they were overworked and underpaid.

My manager in the warehouse only had that position a few months before i started, i could tell that she couldn't handle the stress of the job, when things would get to much she would get angry at us or she would break down in tears.

The store manager and the warehouse manager where husband and wife so it was hard to talk to someone if you had a problem with one of them

Management fired a fellow worker a week or two after he came back from his moms funeral, instead of giving him grievance time, which made us in the back very short staffed. Only two of us worked full time.

Trucks started getting backed up and the warehouse started running out of space. Product was being stacked unsafely on pallets so that we could get the trucks emptied on time. Floor staff was to busy putting up their signs that they rarely came to grab product for the floor so that left us putting product away instead of focusing on the truck.

Saturdays they had me working alone on the truck, every second Saturday my manager would be there but she would be to busy with paper work so i was mostly alone, unloading the truck and loading customer vehicles.

When I needed management help, they were to busy to answer the phone so I had to manage lifting heavy product on my own.
Very professional work place
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Leslie and sheppard30 November 2017
Very professional work environment. It can be stressful depending on the management that you with. I worked with two dealers, 2 different work style, but both good to work with.
fun workplace but lots of turn over with staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC30 November 2017
I enjoyed working at Canadian Tire it was excellent I enjoyed dealing with all the customers.. Like every other workplace there us always something that needs improvement bit the people I worked with where amazing 😆😆
Pros
flexibility they tried to accommodate if life situations came up
Cons
the turn around with staffing which adding alot of training constantly and the 1 hour lunches
Working at Canadian Tire was a fun job and able to move up the corporate ladder
Department manager (Former Employee) –  Trail, BC29 November 2017
Working at Canadian Tire there is a lot to learn along with the e learning and dealing with customers and other employees. You are always on the go and always something to do
Pros
You learn something new everyday
Cons
Retail is a hard job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.