Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada5,194 reviews
Found 5,194 reviews matching the search
Working with the co-workers was great for the most part. Had some issues with management contradicting itself at times. Worst customers you will come across.
Not the best job I've had but not the worst. Training is next to none. The work weeks are long, you get your one normal weekday off and then every second weekend. Fulltime employees have to work 6 days in a row to get every second weekend off. Usually by the end of your second week rotation you want to quit. Management needs to follow labor standards when it comes to work hours and breaks. Cashiers are on schedule for 6 hours and get 2, 15 minute breaks. They tell you this when they hire you but what they don't tell you is that you are expected to stay after your 6 hours to clean up, cover breaks and stock shelves. Cashiers can work up to 8 hours a day with only 2, 15 minute breaks. This is wrong! Employees are not allowed a water bottle on the floor. You can be spitting dust but until your break you are not allowed a drink.

Most of the other employees are nice, friendly and good to work with.
I worked at the Lansdowne location in Peterborough, ON. I had a great experience there for five years, although everything fell apart when we had a new store owner come in. He causes a very stressful work environment, he doesn't communicate well with his employees, he puts money before people, and he also ignored harassment allegations because they were made against his friend. Canadian Tire is a great place to work for part time, owner at that location though doesn't have the respect of his employees.
People didn’t like me there, everyone who worked there that wasn’t a cashier weren’t the friendliest, They didn’t call me in to work that often, The longest i went without working but still having the job is almost three weeks. i did not like it there and neither do my friends and the break room was always sticky and dirty
Pros
The cashiers were nice
Cons
Literally everything else
Wasn’t my favourite position but the people and customers were always friendly. The hours and pay were okay and simple, and the work was pretty easy to learn.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Easy
of all my jobs this one was one of my favourite got to meet a lot of awesome people and started learning a lot of retail and customer service, also you learn about tools or sports depending the department you get
Pros
free lunches
Cons
one of the easiest jobs i have ever worked was at CT, the only downside was i would only get 1-2 shifts a week, couldn't even cover transportation costs with that pay. and the 10% discount is sad and embarrassing, doesn't even cover the tax. didn't work there for long due to covid19 and had to move away but it was decent and easy enough.
Pros
easy job
Cons
no hours
Ça dépends des jours. Des jours Ça va bien, d’autres ça va mal.
c'est parfait comme job étudiante ou job d'apres retraite.
Pros
politesse, cooperation
It is not a very nice place to work. Management show favoritism to certain people. They won't give you a raise but they will bring people over to work from other Canadian Tire stores and give them raises. Mount Pearl store is the worst.
Pros
Cons
Lots
I enjoyed working here but due to size of location and store, growth opportunities are limited. Most of the workers are either older and are there for a career while the others are students.
Pros
Amazing co-workers, fair pay, good discount
Cons
Limited growth, short staffed at times
(Walker Rd. Windsor location)
Everyone's really nice to work with in terms of coworkers, even the managers are really nice. The owner, on the other hand, does not know what he's doing, and has absolutely zero concern for his employees well being. They will tell you with a smile on their face that you're doing great and 5 minutes later they'll fire you. It doesn't matter how good/bad you are at the job.
Cons
long hours, no overtime pay, no job security, very minimal pay raise for promotions, customers
L’environnement est peu recommandé pour des employés peu expérimentés en raison de la forte clientèle.
Good experience work
Working as a team member

Good benefit

Working in Canadian Tire you have achieve your daily targets in other to meet requirement of their production weekly.
Pros
Good environment workplace
Cons
Too much workload
I loved my job and the people I worked with. It has great perks barbecues, great team to work with. I was paid what I should be paid, never had any trouble with management or any other part of the team.
Pros
Barbecues
Cons
Cranky customers
Management don’t want employees to take initiative or offer ideas for a smoother workplace. Rude, robotic salespeople. Outdated receiving processes in warehouse. Many people there just to take home a paycheque- in retail you have to WANT to engage with customers!
in my time spent at Canadian Tire, I met some good people and learned lots of new things. although it was just seasonal employment i'm happy to have had the experience!
The only way you can get in is by knowing somebody from the inside or being from St Leonards, most of the management is horrible (they blame you for everything and don't know much), carts are a mess, they try and drain you from as much energy as they can. Sometimes they don't properly train you and if you like to talk to other employees and learn from them... don't because they will despise you for good if you do that. They also play favorites. The only good things about CT is the breaks on an 8+ hour shift and some employees and managers.
Pros
relatively easy job
Cons
management
There was no progression to train in other departments cause limits in my skills. They are strict with their item corrects that a simple cashier should have but waiting for the manager makes the customers impatience resulting in their anger on the cashiers.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Workers
This was my worst job, the management and owners of the location were far from excellent, the staff was at times lazy, not adequately trained, and the workplace gossip was hurtful to the business and the employees, it did not provide a comfortable working environment.
Not enough pay for the work you do definitely promises not kept won't hire you even if they say they will very hard labour for small amount of money not worth it long hours
Pros
Cons
Heavy labour
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
1.4K