Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 5,369 reviews matching the search
Only 2 good employees work at the entire store, management plays favourites has her prized employees even though said employees are lazy, have poor personal hygiene and think they know everything. Management allows certain employees to call in sick all the time then threatens to or takes shifts away from the hard working ones, you will get treated poorly if you are called in on your day off and refuse.
Pros
Great customers 2 great co workers
Cons
Poor management, bad personal hygiene
A really good place to work in a really comfortable and inclusive work environment. the people and the work is very good but the only problem was that I was an unpaid employee
Things have really changed, especially with management who doesn't respond to you and that's very discouraging. We talk a lot about the culture, seems to me it's not acted.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management doesn't respond to you.
I worked in the warehouse and shipping. With some receiving. I worked hard and went above and beyond but was not paid nearly enough to even put food on my plate. You have to put in 1000 hours before you get there bonus, even then it’s only once a year. And raise in pay is over looked.
Pros
Some times free lunches
Cons
Not enough pay
During tire change seasons it’s busy enough to make your hours especially coming out of winter when people have broken components. Other then that for 9 months of the year you are standing around with no work. They feed the high paying jobs to the seniors who make enough to live as it is and the ones who are trying to make their way starve. It’s a management system that favours certain people. Side note ! They bought a new tire machine at the country hills location and reduced the hours paid to the tech but charged the customer more so they could pay off their machine 😡
Pros
Not tired when going home cause I didn’t have work
Cons
Didn’t have work so always broke
If you're into sucking up to the general manager you will get hours and favouritism will help you. They treat you like you are stupid. Will never move up in the company. The schedule is put up on Friday so you know what you're doing Saturday. Sad management really. Took 2 years to get a 15 cent raise
Pros
10 % discount
Cons
Minimum hours and minimum wage
The management was organized for sure, though they were too tough and fast-paced. Customers would come and go, and were impatient, making you prone to mistakes, and other co-workers catching that and snitching on you.I also don't like how little empathy management has.If they know you worked well, they don't care, they have no sympathy.As well, multiple customers did not like to co-operate with the mask regulation, and I got in trouble for yelling at them, and they don't get in trouble?See the problem?Don't like how the managers don't believe in covid-safety first (they make you think so, but no.)When the day is over, everyone takes off their masks.We have to do the PPE and safety work, though it makes me angry that no one backs me up when a customer doesn't wear a mask.The reason I got fired, though, is that I got distracted being mesmerized by the garbage compressor for fifteen minutes straight. I get that.Although, if you got thick skin, a good work ethic, you have no problem. But anyone else who is very sensitive, get a smaller first job. Maybe at a smaller store, or a desk job.
Pros
- No benefits the first three months, but after, you get a 40% discount on everything Canadian Tire
Cons
- Long days - Very anti-sympathetic staff and employers - Too fast-paced
The store doesn't have place for growth. They make you do night and weekends even if you have seniority. They increase your responsibilities but never give a better salary and blame it on work salary equality
Pros
Flexible for student
Cons
Bad management, too much work for little salary
Feel knowledgeable and confident working.most of the products are very familiar to me to describe the customers.Able to make pick list, pick online orders,do invetory fast find, using scanner quickly find several different product locations.
Entreprise très respectable avec beaucoup d'intérêt et de considération pour les employés. Une ambiance ou vous vous sentez a l'aise et sans stress.
Beaucoup de mal entendu Manque de communication envers les superieur Coupe les heures sans avertissement Pas de tallons de paie Refuse que tu aie un deuxieme emploie
Cons
Salair
The store I worked at often put me in a new position without warning or training and I had to figure it out myself. This lack of communication permeated my experience there, as they never gave me formal or informal performance reviews, they never gave me benefits or paid above minimum wage, and when they let me go they didn't even tell me, they just stopped giving me shifts without explaining why or forewarning that there may be layoffs (I was not laid off for performance if that makes any difference). The best I could say about my experience there is that I general got time off when I needed it and they never demanded more hours than I could work.
Pros
Lax management is fun when the store isn't busy, hours were decent
Cons
Horrible communication, no future prospects, lax management is terrible when it's busy and no one is trained to do what they're supposed to do.
Je souhaite vraiment allez pour trouver du bon job
Pros
Végétarien
I liked working in auto parts. I didnt like the low pay and being left alone on busy nights. Other then that my wirk mates were awesome and helpful as I learned the computer system
Pros
Great group
Cons
Low pay
Always drama, red shirts are always required to get a ridiculous amount of stuff done in one day. The co-workers are amazing, love laughing with all of them
Pros
$25 gift card to the store.
Cons
9 hour days, only paid for 8.
Not bad for the most part. There are your fair share of unpleasant customers but the majority of the employees are pretty awesome. Two of the head general managers are completely up there own you no what and do not like to be challenged in any way. Besides that it’s actually a pretty good place to work.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Some managers are better than others
Canadian Tire was one of the worst places I have ever worked for and other employees at my location can vouch for me. Management is absolutely horrid and does not give a single s*** about how employees feel. Union was terrible. They told me I couldn't have more than one job including them even though I worked under 25 hours a week.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
At first it was a great place to work, but then it became clear that they are very cheap, little to no training, management with the exception of a few is very poor, rude and much like high schoolers. if given the chance they will not pay you overtime, they don't care if you don't get to take your breaks during the day, and don't you dare ask for a raise or all heck will break loose. if you show any initiative they will just pile stuff on you and yell at you. but co-workers are pretty nice.
Pros
co workers
Cons
everything else
Did a lot of stock set up and lot of sorting out the warehouse. Lot of cleaning required each day. Lots to learn in setting up the warehouse and floor
Pros
Good staff and co-workers
If I could give this a negative five star review, I would. Horrible management, awful hours, no proper covid-19 regulations, poor communication among management and staff, I could go on and on. Glad I got out when I did.
Pros
Free water (on your shift).
Cons
Too many to list.
Was a parts guy while in school, was an okay job and was paid okay. Learned a little bit about parts but that’s really it at this job, also learned how to use there program to sell stuff