Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

it was good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 April 2018
It was a good job got a lot of hours up until February but then my hours got cut and I got a call in march that I got laid off. I wish I had some notice before then I would of not quit my last job.
Pros
breaks were paid
Cons
long shifts
Nice owner
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 April 2018
I worked for them when I was in high school. The owner rewarded me with a cash reward when I was honest about them paying me too much on my pay check.
All work and fun working
Warehouse Merchandiser & Filler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2018
Was always working every where that I was needed even though my job title was a stoker, I was at times asked to work in the warehouse. I did enjoy the mixture of work cause there was no board om.
Pros
Always on the go saying yes to instructions.
Cons
At times the enviroment wasn't as healthy.
Corporate Atmosphere
Associate Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 April 2018
Awesome company to work for. They moved several departments to Oakville which was a huge adjustment for existing staff working in Welland. It changed the culture of the company moving to a larger city. It is now a very corporate atmosphere.
Pros
stock plans
Good job overall
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  4776 Bank Street18 April 2018
The job was good overall, the staff and boss were excellent and kind. I found that we were treated with a lot of respect and I felt comfortable. The only downside was low pay.
Pros
Treated well
Cons
Low pay
short hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 April 2018
I started as a full time employee.Everyone was nice,my co-workers were friendly,my supervisor was so amazing until she realised i wasn't a suck up.
My hours dwindled from full time to part time and barely getting 20 hours per week.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Many slow nights with equally busy days
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC17 April 2018
In the old Canadian Tire building, I usually worked after school and on weekends. mos of the time, after 6-7:00 it was so slow, I would clean the tills, do homework, read. Weekends were much busier
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Boring
Fun workplace but not good management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 April 2018
fun job and easy but the management needs improvement. I have worked there for 2 years and has done a lot for the company but they oversee your hardship and when you make a small mistake they are easy to let you go
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
bad management
environnement de travail productif et agréable
sport,ménager, fille entrepôt et caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC17 April 2018
Si vous etes a vous investir dans une équipe dynamique et voulez vraiment travailler c'est l'endroit parfait. a la fin je connaissais 4 postes du magasin complet soit: cassiere, commis menager, commis sport et entrepot. Le seul désavantage c'est que j'ai été pris pour acquis et je n'ai jamais eu d'augmentation pour la diversité et la polyvalence de mon travail....
Pros
ambiance de travail agréable
Cons
souvent des objectifs de journée irréalisable
Health Benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Martensville, SK16 April 2018
typical dayy at work would be sharpening skates, helping customers with their hockey needs and desires (depending on season) also selling fitness equipment and informing customers on the "how to's" of exercising safely.
the only bad experience i have had from this job is that training was hit and miss, my manager was not very informative in telling me how to do certain jobs, including product look up and using a scanner. had to require help from other employee's and luckily i already had years of customer service expertise.
great place to work
restocking shelves and sales (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK16 April 2018
great place to work everyone was welcome hardworking people really enjoy working there would go back to working there available very friendly owners and staff members
productive and fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 April 2018
I liked this company they paid my on time and they had good management. I quite because I was going on vacation and they didn't let me to take 3 months off.
Wasn’t the greatest job
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB15 April 2018
Stocking shelves for min wage was not for me. But really enjoyed th paint both mixing desired colours for customers. Trouble shooting and problem solving skills with color matchingwas good enjoyed it.
Pros
Customers and relations with them
Cons
Low Wages
Great people terrible advancement
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB15 April 2018
You had to practically beg for a raise, even when it was promised. But the management was incredibly kind and busy so it was understandable. A great first job
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS15 April 2018
Very good place to work. Flexible hours and schedule. Staff are friendly and knowledgeable, and know a lot about the products. Can be a bit busy at Christmas but additional staff are usually added.
Prodiuctive and fun
Customer Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Yonge, ON14 April 2018
Good work environment. Very flexible and allows for upward mobility.It was a fun place to work at, staff was very friendly.

Disadvantages
No base salary
Overstaffed and uncooperative management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2018
As a cashier we always had way too many clerks on shift (3-4 tills open after 5pm when you'd really only need one maybe 2 max). Due to this most cashiers would run out of things to do before noon, as all restocking, refacing, cleaning, returning carts, would already be completed. We were always being scolded for standing at our tills too long, but when we would leave to go reface/do other duties, we would get scolded for leaving the till. Overall the managers played favorites very strongly, and would never give time off if requested (even if it was a month to two months in advance).
Pros
Social Coworkers
Cons
Overstaffed, not enough work, slow.
Good job but poor management
Staff member (Current Employee) –  High River, AB13 April 2018
Many issues with management as well as store moral. The store was often unhappy when at work. Very high levels of stress especially put on by the management team.
Terrible
Customers Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 April 2018
Very harsh work atmosphere. Disrespectful management and over worked as a youth. As a youth I was working at the Red Deer location and was logging almost 50 hours a week
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Disrespectful staff
Okay pay for an okay job
Cashier/Customer Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB12 April 2018
Good starter job for students or retirement job for retirees, or perhaps stepping stone job. Not mentally challenging, not physically challenging. Hours are not very flexible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K