Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 3,975 reviews matching the search See all 4,026 reviews
Overall a positive work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2019
As a first job, Canadian Tire was a great work experience. The managers were kind and resourceful, and were a big part in my familiarizing myself with the job. My coworkers were friendly and supportive always and the most enjoyable time at work was easily working alongside, productively and efficiently, my coworkers.
Pros
Great staff, good customer service experiences.
Cons
Hours can feel long when store is empty, mundane and routine work tasks at times.
Owners are very involved in the day to day business
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC21 February 2019
I found it really nice that the owners would know your name, know which department you are in. The morning huddles were great, because your department could tell the other departments what their new product was, if there were any issues, how our store was doing compared to all the other Canadian Tires. The owners made you feel valued part of the team. Each department would help out each other, if need be. It was a great atmosphere here.
Pros
Great teamwork and atmosphere.
Fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, ON21 February 2019
The enjoyable part is you work on your own if you are not a big fan of working with people, the customers are friendly and the bosses are awesome and work with your schedule.
thoughts about company
Tire Bay/Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 February 2019
in the automotive service side of the store needs to have better v i r layout on the costar program we can't simply check the complete box unless everything including the "n/a" knowing the cars we bring in are going out good and when getting cars coming in with nothing to report to customer about their vehicle.
Pros
hours are great, profit share program is solid, great people
Cons
poor wages for the excessive amount of work in the service department
job pour étudiant
Commis d'entrepôt (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Foy-lès-Lyon (69)20 February 2019
belle place pour apprendre sur le marcher du travail
Pros
super employer
Good first job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cole Harbour, NS20 February 2019
Canadian Tire was a fun company to work for usually enjoyed coming into working my shifts especially when id be the one in charge of the garden center cause it meant spending most of your day in the sun and helping customers.
I worked 15 years overall for these people
General Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2019
I worked fifteen years overall for this Canadian Tire. It was a smaller shop than most of there stores are now.I did get my start in the trade at this store but the income was not steady from pay period to pay period.This was due mostly to the flat rate system the store had in place.
fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2019
I think this place has thought me a lot, I remember working at Canadian Tire is a big responsibility, you have lots of challenge to deal with. the staff is pretty nice and understanding.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB20 February 2019
Canadian Tire has treated me well. Hours are great. They are flexible with schedule. I have learned many aspects of customer service. The culture is great. They treat their employees fair.
so many things to learn
SHELF STOCKER/ CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2019
working in Canadian tire gave me so much knowledge to my daily living. from simple planting to application to my garden. lots of appliances that ever existed I fount it there. how to be able to communicate with strangers and customers.

Want to know more about Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd?

Ask a question
decent place to work for
Parts Manager, service advisor (Former Employee) –  Forest, ON18 February 2019
good company to work for I learned a lot while there and great skills they do not have the best benefits but do offer profit sharing if you obtain full time for over a year the people I worked with were wonderful I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
flexible hours, willing to help get you to the position you want in the company
Cons
does not pay well for the work demanded
Decent place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2019
It was a fun place to work at. Almost everyone in that store were pretty nice especially my manager and coworkers from my own department which is sports.
Pros
Enough hours during the Spring, Summer and Fall season
Cons
Hours are being cut during the Winter season
productive work place
Automotive parts representative (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS17 February 2019
creative workplace to work at.people are very friendly, management is extremely friendly, lots of hours to work and learning curve with every step you can take
Pros
good people
Interesting Working Envrionment
Sales in Kognitive (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 February 2019
It was a nice experience that I had learned alot from and am eagre to learn more from in the future in the upcoming Jobs I will hopefully find here on Indeed.
Boring
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 February 2019
Consistently nothing to do. Very unenjoyable. Management are frustrating to deal with, and dont tell you about anything, then expect you to know everything
Used for Co-op Labour
Warehouse Worker and Sales Associate (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2019
Management does not care about their employees. Expect you to put your body on the line for some projects and do not care if you have an injury that prevent you from working.
Pros
Cons
No Employee Discount, Barely Allowed your break
Great place to work.
Automotive Manager/Sporting goods Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC15 February 2019
Canadian Tire was a great place to work. I learned a lot about retail, merchandising, and public relations. To this day, I value my work experience at Canadian Tire.
Amazing Coworkers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 February 2019
My Experience in working in the pump station for Canadian Tire was amazing for the coworkers who were absolutely caring and I also had a wonderful experience serving for the customers. Hardest part was to give out credit cards having 2 minutes time to spare from the customer. Enjoyable part was the experience and the confidence I ave received within me.
Unorganized and unoptimized supply chain and transportation department
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 February 2019
Canadian Tire is a great company, however, their transportation department specifically is not doing well.
By investing into their transportation department they could easily see substantial cost savings and thus return on their investment very fast.
Good place to work, just don't be here for long.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 February 2019
Canadian Tire is a standard retail job. Your bosses look down on you as your store owner makes eight times your salary. Being part time, you are as expendable as can be, and good luck advancing in the job as all the managers and supervisors are as tight as the very crazy glue you sell.
Pros
Experience with retail products.
Cons
Random hours, hard long days, rude customers, little respect from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K