Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 3,799 reviews matching the search See all 3,849 reviews
At any Gas station
Retail Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 December 2018
I really like retail industry because I love to serve customer. The work place culture where I was working was very friendly. There is nothing like any typical day or hard part of the job in retails. What I think is If we love our work then nothing is typical or hard at work. Sometimes it becomes very busy at work that some people don't like but I really like the busy atmosphere because time goes very fast. So, the busy atmosphere at work is good for us as well as also profitable for the business. The most enjoyable part of the job where I was working is I passed my each day at work without having any customer complaint.
stressful retail store
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Bramalea, ON15 December 2018
not sure what is worse. The management, customers or other employees. It's pretty chill, there's people of all ages there and races so it's not as bad.
Very good place to work
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 December 2018
I worked the night shift at the very old warehouse in Brampton prior to the huge place it is now.
I enjoyed working there as you worked within a team but had a lot of independence to complete the tasks required.
Pros
very good working environment
Cons
none that I was aware of
good for part time
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakeshore, ON13 December 2018
little to no chance at moving up in the company and the benefits are not that good even though they mention them alot. best part are the people is work with. no yearly evaluation because they dont want to give raises
Pros
people. free lunches on big days
Cons
cant move up in the company
Customer Service Representative/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON13 December 2018
I got to expand my knowledge in this type of job setting, I worked my way up from CSR to management. Staff were good, managers were good. overall enjoyable
a fun and decent workplace
Seasonal Dept. Manager (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB13 December 2018
The management has changed since I left. More workload with less staff. It is no longer departmentalized. General manager is supportive. There were unfair practices and treatment in some cases
Pros
occasional free lunches; gifts during Christmas
Cons
employees could be kicked out without valid reason
Good service
Cash attendant (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON11 December 2018
Very good. The owner is very helpful and give a lot of opportunities. The area of this store is very calm and it is ON ROUTE. There are 5 different food courts in the ON ROUTE.
Nothing special, managers gave little training, not organized.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 December 2018
In my personal experience the store i worked at in general seemed to be flustered. after working 3 months i was fired with no explanation and no warning. i even came in my full uniform. There was an issue with making their staff feel like they were doing a good job and compliments were very rare. My cheques also came in weeks late. Very unorganized store.
Pros
Somewhat friendly staff.
Cons
Late cheques
Very poor management. Rude, disorganized.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB10 December 2018
There was no training process, I was simply sent out to work on my first day. I was ridiculed for asking questions to management. Other employees were not friendly or helpful. Store and warehouse are very disorganized, making it sometimes impossible to find something for a customer even when there is plenty of that item in stock. Unreliable computer system: stock marked in system does not always reflect the real amount in the store. Owner of this particular franchise is condescending and disconnected from his employees.
Pros
Easy to take time off
Cons
New schedule is only posted in store, poorly managed.
Excellent all encompassing knowledge of how a store functions
Customer Relationship Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON10 December 2018
Even though I was there for the Summer months, I walked away feeling that I was being groomed to one day run a store as a manager. The trainers I encountered were all excellent and I was amazed by how much specialized knowledge I acquired in a very short time.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Nothing that comes to mind

Want to know more about Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd?

Ask a question
productive and fun
Co-op Student/Houseware (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 December 2018
lifting over 40llbs is the hardest part of my job, what I enjoy the most is interacting with co workers, and I learned a lot of computer skills from this job.
Pros
free lunches
Great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenfield Park, QC10 December 2018
I worked here for three years and it is a great job. Although the work load might be a bit rough sometimes and clients can be rude, I loved the people i worked with and the bosses as well.
Great company for a retail career
MARKETING COORDINATOR CO-OP (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2018
Great company for a career in retail. Head offices in Toronto, Oakville and Calgary. Lots of internal opportunities for trying positions in different areas and horizontal movements
Correct
COMMIS SECTION JARDIN (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC9 December 2018
Bien pour emploi étudiant mais très dure de se faire remarqué employer découragé.
Pros
Paye l'uniforme si vous insister
Cons
Tout le reste
not worth it
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON9 December 2018
I worked at two different locations and both locations were awful. This one was understaffed and management was lazy and rude. 90% of the time I worked there my pay was incorrect. I had been promised a management position and a raise within a few months, never got either of them. instead of promoting me, they gave me the duties of a manager.
Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON8 December 2018
I suppose it's alright, it's very fast paced an demands a very keen eye for detail while making sure all the products are put away properly and accordingly
Pros
End of day
Cons
Beginning of shift
Its retail
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 December 2018
Most managers are great, fun to work with.Work is as you would expect in retail. Pay is probably average for retail. Can be stressful at times, standards are high.
Overall it was a great place to work
Cashier and progressed my way to Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON7 December 2018
Was a great company to start my career. I learned many skills that I still use today. The workplace was challenging at times but gave me opportunities for growth
Environnement de travail agréable
Charger de projet (Former Employee) –  Fabreville, QC6 December 2018
J'ai été chargé de projet et j'ai bien aimé ce que je faisais. Cependant c'était pour un contrat.
Pros
Très belle horaire
Cons
Courtes durée de contrat
agreable
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Saint-Placide, QC6 December 2018
endroit agreable a travailler mais la salair reste a desirer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

51K