Just because the dealer is an jerk does not mean they have to hire more jerks as for management team. The management team can't do the work that is required to be done as they chase staff out of the store like a revolving door.
We should RECORD every single conversation we have with the Owner with is consent so that way we have a good PROOF of the real TRUTH !!!!!!!!!
I think this is the BEST plan of ACTION to prevent others from LEAVING ………….
Hire mentally well balanced people. Make sure dedicated persons are really appreciated rather than feeling like used commodities. Create a strong sense of belonging. Ensure every employee feels significant, worthwhile and important in the organization as team members. Managers in any system should always lead from the bottom up. Imagine an upside down pyramid. The boss is the one at the bottom point and the employees are at the top of this upside down triangle. True support needs to come from the bottom up and not from the top down. Happy people in their work environment are less likely to leave.
All bosses and managers really need to set aside their egos and lead from the soul. Entry employees won't care how much the manager knows until they know how much the manager cares. Employees who have a strong sense of family in the work place are less likely to leave.
More communication between all Management and Employees would be a better improvement that’s for sure and no favouritism
Get a new service manager
In the store I worked in, the owner and manager need to treat people with respect. Stop swearing and belittling. Work with employees instead of ruling with an iron fist and watching them constantly on the cameras and calling out employees on the two way radios. Atmosphere is very poor, morale is non existent.
Most issues come from lazy managers , I saw first hand how the ladder system of seniority work , I think they feel like they have the right to sit on their butts and bark orders , I have seen managers sit for hours and close doors , what really are they doing , the answer is nothing .
Hire competent staff so one person isn’t doing all the work in the department .
Where does a person start?
1) Maybe actually listen to staff suggestions and give them the time of day instead of passing them off the managers who ignore them the same. (this resulting in you being yelled at for doing exactly what you were told to do...when bringing forth an issue or suggestion)
2) Stop all of the favoritism. Half of the staff members that follow under this category pawn all their work off on to others and claim it as theirs. Even in protestant against doing what they pawn off you still get in trouble...even after explaining it.
3) STOP SHORT STAFFING THE FLOOR you need more than two mangers, two cashiers and 3 floor staff to run a store (more aimed during closing hours but still applies with early shifts)
4) Stop bullying & manipulating staff. It causes a poor environment to work in and causes some people to have literal mental break downs (have heard of some staff actually going through this)
5) Actually provide your staff with benifits when 3 month probation is up. I waited 7month before I was told "we never offered them to regular staff (only managers) until now!" And cover more...we get no glasses coverage, no dental for the first year...and they cover only %25 of the cost.
6) Before store owners order a wack load of new stock maybe give time for older stock to clear out. DO NOT try and fit "a 5 segment POG into 1 segment" it is physically impossible for floor staff to do this fast and effecianetly. Constantly causing upset customers...since they cant shop freely without climbing over things.
7) when a staff member gives you 2 weeks notice for a day off...actually attempt to get the shift covered. I've been told so many times (even giving a longer period before said days off) that if I cant find anyone I'm not getting the day off.
8) Train more staff to run scissor lifts/other equipment for moving bigger items rather than having one person who gets called in on their days off.
9) stop ignoring issues entirely when they're brought forward. Clearing they're interfering with the efficiency of the floor and need to be dealt with correctly, not brushed aside. Ex: Staff members who do not do their job correctly, causing other staff to correct their error in order to continue working. Or staff members that consistantly mess up should maybe be re-trained. Or even stop yelling at the staff members that always work hard...trying to get them to do more for less...and tell at the ones who do nothing.
10) BETTER COMMUNICATION BETWEEN OWNER/MANAGERS AND STAFF. THERE IS NONE. ASIDE FROM BEING YELLED AT BECAUSE YOU WERENT TOLD FOR THE 15TH HOW THEYVE CHANGED THE WAY OF DOING SOMTHING.
Have members from Cooprate office visit their stores anonomyously and observe first hand how floor, cashier staff are bullied, intimidated by inept managers, start with Pembroke Ontario, it has to be the worse. I'm a customer, and the low morale, staff afraid to answer too many questions for fear of being reprimanded by a supervisor or manager is ridiculous! Fire some of them for promoting violence in the workplace tactics and promote long time staff who have been loyal to Canadian Tire.