Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.

Canadian Solar Solutions Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada62 reviews
Focused roles that don't align with entry level hiring. The local culture is too silo structured. Very dependent on foreign approval and the local employees don't feel secure.
Pros
Providing your input and responding to roadbl6
Cons
Communication of overall objectives not fully deployed
I only worked at Canadian Solar for 2 short years but enjoyed it every day. Everyone was great to work with. Pretty good working environment with good wages and steady work.
It is too much to write about and I am still disgusted about them.
The managerial team at that time was completely incompetent. Instead of addressing clearly all issues, they prefer to hide them under the rug.

What can I say? They had extremely expensive equipment arrived in Canadian Customs and they were so incompetent that I needed to explain them on lengths that is a high priority to release the goods from Customs due to the penalty fees, handling, storage

so on and so forth and they seemed that they don't understand what I was saying at that time.
12 hour continental shifts. Days 1 Days 2 Nights 1 Nights 2
Manufacturing MV Stations for Solar Farm development.

We had been hired when it first started from a prototype unit.

Learning trade skills from Millwrights, Tool and Die makers, Electricians.

Had seemed like a job with potential for career opportunities.

I worked with engineering to develop work instructions to standardize production and get ISO certification.

Company knowingly only had so much guarantee of work and sold us a dream.

Micro managed between shifts, poor communication.

Company had government support with promises of creating 200 jobs in the region for 2 years.

Just shy of 2 years we had reached the end of production needs, resulting in a massive "temporary layoff" which then turned into a permanent layoff once their timeline was passed. (avoided government fines for subsidy of job creation)

Overall I loved the technical side of things I built every part of these units and had them memorized. I loved working with engineering and helping them develop their systems for standardization. I think this has equipped me with some great problem solving skills for the future. I wish they would have been more transparent with the longevity of the job opportunity, maybe reward some of us production workers who had done a lot of extra duties with some sort of Apprenticeship opportunity.
Productive and Fun Workplace with nice people around you all day long.
Demanding environment with a special care for their customers and their expectations.
Enjoyed working with a diverse group of people who were involved in getting the new factory up and running. Lots of opportunity to move around and learn new things and for promotions. Highly recommended place and hope to maybe work with them in the future.
it was a faced pace and very friendly environment with continental shifts
i had machine operating experience but i learned much more about machines setup etc
Work from 7am - 7pm
Depending on position;

Packaging/warehouse you are mobile with taping gun and label maker.

Line/Machine operator you are stationary for entire shift

Learned about warehouse/packaging and various positions of line work including responsibility of machine operator.

Workplace was very uniform, not too lively.

Hardest part of job was standing on feet for 12 hours in steel toed work boots.

Most enjoyable part of job was learning about the assembly and distribution of solar panels.
Very good place to work. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow, if you are interested. Job security is little bit shaky !!! you need to look your back; other than that as a company overall its good.
Pros
table tennis
Long hours,uneducated supervisors,no growth opportunities screwed up management,worst hr experience,layoffs every now and then,no job security,no value for people
Nice to have the oppertunity to rotate four times during a shift.Iearned to manuufacture a brand new product.The management needed some improvement.Culture gav a nice feeling manufacturing an environment friendly product.Lifiting hravy objects for ten hour shifts was hard. End of the shift was the enjoyable part.
Very well set London management team, great operators, great colleagues. London plant is more over a family to me. All the plant personnel were dedicated, helpful and caring. Managers were really great, never criticized any work, mentored and encouraged to achieve career goals.

London plant was very well optimized and worked on lean based system.
Pros
Salary, Good London Management, Friendly, Career growth, Helpful managers.
Cons
Great work life balance and friendly environment, but the culture and lack of job security can make it challenging to keep high morale. Overall, the atmosphere is good, which is why I gave a 4* review.
Overall a mainly pleasant place to work.
Would have liked to retire from there.

Learned much about solar modules and their production.

Took on extra responsibilities and training in ISO internal auditing and 6 sigma style projects.
Pros
Salary, benefits & bonuses. Clean bright work environment. Great people.
Cons
Governmental influences making challenges for business growth.
There is a lot of room to grow as an engineer here with some unique challenges and pressure. They welcome new ideas but management can be difficult to work with and convince.

Can be on call 24/7 and the company has moved to a less work/life friendly balance.

Headquarters are in China which makes approval for larger projects difficult and leadership somewhat lacking.
Pros
Fun staff to work with
Cons
Same issues are reoccurring
Work environment is pretty good.
I am very happy to work here more than six and half years, but I am living in Scarborough, one way from my home to work is 105kms.

I am felling tired to commute and almost three time getting accident.

So now,I am trying to find a job close to my home.
A clean work environment, with a better pay and benefits. Co-workers are fun to work with. However, there is no job security as there were several lay offs.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
12 hours shift
Canadian Solar exists to make the difference. To customers, colleagues, partners, investors and all whose lives we touch. We are also here to make a positive difference to the environment and society as a whole. We do this by providing exceptional solar products and services that meet the specific needs of customers, employees, partners and investors.
This is very nice place to work because the environment
is clean and easy to breath. I like my job a lots and have a lots

of fun to work even thought iit was long hours. i.e 12 hrs shift.
Cons
Workers and management were respectful of others. Management was open door minded. Workers were helpful and sensitive. Hours were good and rate was good.
i started as agency worker and with in a year i got hired, got machine operator position and by proving my self got change to work as team leader. thanks
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
Canadian Solar Solutions Inc. Reviews by Location