Canadian Scholarship Trust (CST)

Canadian Scholarship Trust (CST) Employee Reviews

Canada42 reviews

goodtimegreatworkmanagementpeopleemployeeworking

lots of work and fast paced during the summer months, good pay and very understanding managers

Though very fast paced and busy, the pay is good and the managers are generally very accommodating and understanding. Training is very comprehensive.

Fun and fast-paced

Worked from home from day one but brought on as temporary employee. great month of training, relatively small company. I continue to enjoy mainly because they seem to invest in their employees

Pros

work from home

Cons

Insights into Canadian Scholarship Trust (CST)

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction

Productive hardworking enviroment

Very good company, comptitive payout structure, Sales Reps are always pushed to their best. Lots to learn but very tough to keep up the pace during down seasons. Has ups and downs.

Excellent Place to Work

I was a summer student here and I loved it. Management was super helpful, and I felt like they really cared that we did well and they wanted us to succeed.

Promising beginning with training but the turnover is very high

The company had a great orientation. They spent 2 weeks or so preparing you for the role. However, the job became more demanding as the cases kept piling up. They wanted you to keep up with the quotas while reducing the amount of errors (fair enough). It also became apparent that you were a cog in the wheel and working a weekend every two weeks. That in and of itself is fine, but, they would find ways of trying to avoid paying you overtime. The supervisor(s) were micromanaging at times and tried to surveillance your moves a little too much for my liking.

Pros

Activities, work-life balance, feedback, ways to improve your skills and internal job promotions

Cons

micromanaging, high turnover, underhanded management tactics, heavy workload during peak times.

Gréât co workers

Thé training wasn’t that great In class was theory but when you get to the job after training everything went out the window It was chaotic stressful for no reason. Disorganized pay is horrible but benefits are really good

Benefits

Cons

Pay and trailing

Won't recommend

People are horrible, rude, and they don't care about you at all as an individual. The environment is just toxic, the Human Resource staff are rude, if you're seeking for help, they will ignore you. "whatever you say" that's the answer you will get.

Nice kitchen with large place to eat and relax

My TL was very kind and understanding person, was helping me to succeed. Not the management, they were confused and often didn’t realize what is the most important target and how to keep their employees.

Pros

The company celebrated Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving

Cons

Many meetings (too long)

great people

great culture. great people, enjoyed tasks that i did during peak season of employment. hardest part was time management since it was peak season. great management

100% commission and leads you have to pay for

You have to hunt down customers with 95% cold calls, and you have to pay for leads, you are dependent on people actually being financially responsible because if they don’t pay their monthly fees your commissions get clawed back but it doesn’t come off your T4

Cons

Claw backs on commissions

Outstanding Organization on Every Level

Flexible work schedule that requires self motivation, determination and consistency in independent sales. I absolutely love the rapport of the organization and ongoing leadership support. Having the opportunity to educate families on the best decision they will make for a child's future is truly rewarding.

CST has it’s benefits but you’re always waiting for the shoe to drop

Every year around October they lay people off and call it “restructuring” right before its time to pay out the bonuses. The amount of stress is not worth the pay they give and never knowing if you’ll make it past October cuts makes it worse so you push yourself even when you’re sick.

Terrible place to work and is a total joke

This is a terrible company, the office is totally unprofessional and two of the ladies and best rude. The main lady I worked for refused to pay me for the hours I worked and would constantly be little me and would take advantage of me due to age. After I stopped working for this company I had to go through labour relations as I wasn’t paid what was owed and still have not been paid. This company has completely ghosted me and still owe me money. Terrible company do not contact them.

Pros

Zero pros

Very good executive team

Very interesting and friendly environment. The executive staff care about it teams and are very well organized. It was a pleasure working here and would give this company a 10.

Sales Representative - Amazing Company with a Great Mission!

Been with CST for about 3 years now and it seems to always be improving! So glad I don't have to sit in an office 50+ hours a week and instead can work remote, make my own hours, and do lots of travel around Ontario. The company and people are great and the mission and company values are something I can actually get behind.

Pros

No cold calling, all leads warmed through partnerships, uncapped commission, flexible hours, can take vacation whenever

Cons

fully commission based... while it is not difficult to book appointments and meet with families, if you are not self-motivated and have good time-management, its possible to fall behind.

Direct Dealing Rep

Very Horrible management. Manager's are very unprofessional, biased and vindictive. There are more managers than employees. The company lacks growth, direction and policy.

Cons

Very very horrible company

Employee Releationships

The main thing that makes a company wonderful for are the people that work for it. I made many friendships while I was at CST that I hope to maintain as I move forward.

Awesome company to work for

I've been with CST for 6 years. I am a mom of 3 girls and this job allows me to have a work/life balance. They offer trips, contests and other great incentives.

Pros

Flexibility, great culture and management

Cons

Mandatory weekly meetings

Fast-pacing, friendly professional place to work

CST is a small company, with friendly people and environment to work on. Financial, beneficial compensations are on a good level, social activities and work-life balance is good as well.

Pros

Friendly environment, decent compensations

Cons

Frequent staff turnover (layout/hiring)

Progressive employer

A passionate employer with a purpose to provide clients with a vehicle to provide post-secondary education to their children or grand children. Financial services company working in a highly competitive and regulated environment. Leading new products to market.

Ok

It was a nice place to work at with low salary and minimum advancement opportunities. But I was working as an entry level employee, so it could be different once you get promoted eventually.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Scholarship Trust (CST). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Canadian Scholarship Trust (CST) with

Learn about Canadian Scholarship Trust (CST) in popular locations

• Canadian Scholarship Trust (CST)