Canadian Red Cross Employee Review

View all Canadian Red Cross reviews

A great opportunity to support community
Branding Design (Current Employee) –  Ontario7 July 2014
Doing work for the Canadian Red Cross is a great opportunity to serve the community on a variety of different levels in a team environment. During my Thunder Bay Flood deployment I learned about logistics and became the lead for acquisitions and purchasing supporting all the front workers out in the community. My co-workers were amazing and came from diverse backgrounds having come in from all over the country. The hardest part of the job was being away from my own family. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving community and making new friends with such quality people. During my time serving The Canadian Red Cross was very supportive to all volunteers and their well being physically as well as emotionally. It was nice to be a part of a group of like minded people wanting to help others in any way they could.
Pros
Food and travel provided
Cons
Missing family at home

Other Canadian Red Cross Employee Reviews

No good company to work for
On Call clinical supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON16 April 2018
This company calls themselves "humanitarian" but the way they treated there employees in the home care field is out right DISGUSTING.
Work hours from 1630 to 0830 M to F with only 6 hours pay a night. And no thanks no appreciation.
Pros
Good benefits and time off...
Cons
Back stabbing and non trusting. Always blamming employees for there mistakes.
Volunteer Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 March 2018
Staff and management hard working and compassionate. Easy going atmosphere. Management has open door policy and ensure all employees and volunteers are comfortable in their duties.