Canadian Red Cross
Happiness score is 74 out of 100

Canadian Red Cross Employee Reviews

Productive and fun to work in the environment

Productive and a great place to work. Lots of tools to help you when you feel stressed. Great work colleagues. Really fun because I loved my job. Educational materials and lots of training provided.

Pros

Great team.

Cons

Could be stressful at times if you are in the field

Bonne suivie et très professionnel

De mon point de vu tout le processus est d'une bonne moralité et accessible à tous. Cependant ce qui me préoccupe est que après la période de travail et le contact fini , il ya plus d'autre proposition ni maintenance du personnel comme par exemple à faire de formation pour entrer dans d'autres fonctions à la croix rouge. Ceci nous rend un peu perdu pour s'adapter à autre chose par la suite .

Pros

Tenues de travail fournis tous les matins

Cons

Ras

Clinical Roster - Health Specialist Paramedic

Fun, collaborative teams, good support on the back end. Well looked after. Amazing interactions in community and good learnings from Nursing staff where you are embedded. If someone offers you a ticket on a spaceship say yes! Enjoy the experience and keep an open mind.

Pros

Good supports

Cons

Long periods away from home

No Comment signed a form

Sorry 😞 I can not comment I was let go.. Not able too say. But I did work Was mostly ?? With team what else can I say Why can I just not SEND this W/O a big Essay I enjoyed every work day Iput into the work. I helped with More-then Above my Duties, There were many fun days, rushed days and relaxing days with the CRC Help.

Pros

Some coworkers

Cons

No Consistent Authority’s

Loved clients managemwnt horrible

At the end all the new management were horrible and didn't care bout the clients. If my mother needed help I'd choose care partners. All managers in the falls quit for a reason

Pros

Paid even if client cancelled

Cons

Treated horrible

Workplace culture

I loved how they teach us how to love each other and help others and the culture and the team work Read cross is the best company i used to dream to work for them because they are there to solve the world and me to my hobby is helping people without looking were they com from or religious or how they look like.

Pros

I dont remember

Cons

I don't remember

.?.

Tres positive;des information continue; des Resuinions d équipes,. Comment fait face à des difficultés. Face aux contraintes. Etre ien a l écoute.face a l isolement et aux détresses des autres ,l empathie des autres comment bien prendre souin de soi d etre bien veillant . Beaucoup difficultés avec les personnelles qui aimaient pas notre presence. .nous traitaient oleuses de bjoobs. . Des affrontements des racistes. Qu on avaaient pas besouin de nous. Leurs chefs n avaient pas bien expliquer les rôles de de La Croix rouge mais on était là pour les résidents . Leurs yeux brillaient face à notre presence. C est tout ce qui contait.

Pros

Bien entouré des superviseurs attentifs, des bonnes écoutes au pres de chefs d équipes

Cons

Contrat trop court

Productive with fun activities in and during breaks and other times outside working hours with colleagues.

The morning shift is the most enjoyable as it starts early hours of the day at 630am.I developed a good habit of getting early morning at 5am,get myself ready for driving to my site which is not far away. I had the chance of doing some morning walk there after setting everything and refresh with morning air. The site starts in full swing after a while keeping us busy, supervising the staff. Since the day starts very early it finishes quick keeping rest of the day for me which could be productive as well.We learned a lot about the principle of the CRC, the unique workplace culture from the people of different cultural ,ethnic ,religious and traditional backgrounds from different parts of world.There was a simple harmony amongst the managers, a very cooperative attitudes to help one another that impressed me. In fact, personally ,I didn't face any problem except we used to feel bore while it was not that busy at the site.To mention about the most enjoyable part is when I heard about my deployment and got my ticket in short notice, awaiting for an unknown place to meet some unknown people to accomplish a task in a project. To my surprise, the place was amazing with welcoming shiny day ,and a very good management in a team of varied culture, language and color but with a big smile at their faces.

Pros

Company used to give per diem which was good.

Cons

Sometime bad weather condition.

Good experience obtained

This wonderful humanitarian organization is somewhat too top heavy. It sometimes took 2 weeks to get an answer to an email. Non clinical staff managers do not understand the skill specific nature and provincial /territorial professional requirements of some deployment positions. I would highly suggest reaching out to a colleague for peer support and tips on navigating the on boarding process.

Pros

Excellent remuneration and expenses covered

Cons

Lack of on site support

Support de ma direction directe

Je n'étais pas supporté dans mon travail. Au contraire, j'avais l'impression de travailler pour rien. À plusieurs reprises, élaborer des projets, validés par ma directrice puis annulés par la suite. Subventions remplies et demandées mais jamais approuvées par ma direction ou présentées à la direction générale. Tenir un discours privé en rencontre duo et un autre discours totalement contradictoire avec la direction générale sur mes tâches et accomplissements. Tâches vagues et imprécises. Ignorance intentionnelle de la part de ma direction.

Pros

Beaucoup d'autonomie dans nos prises de décisions

Cons

Aucun support voir sentiment de ne jamais faire assez ou correctement

Great work, poor administration

The work on site has been excellent and rewarding but the lack of leadership from administration to our site managers and appropriate follow through has been lacking. This has caused I consistent application of policies and rules.

Uneducated Management

Great pay. Complete disregard for employees. Site managers are unqualified with very little people skills. Employees are not screened and managers are hired without skills, or any follow up on resume. Very disorganized.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Incompetent management

Awesome place to work at

Enjoyed lot working with new people and learnt so many things .it gives you the freedom to express yourself and helps you in building your confidence .

Pros

Freedom, great managers

Interactive, informative and humbling

It has been a great place, full.of support and information. A fast paced work environment with many exciting challenges. It has it challenges with how quick the emergency response changes but everyone is so great about pulling together.

Fun and rewarding

Working for the CRC has been the best job I have ever had. They are kind, understanding, and passionate. There is always opportunity to grow and take courses.

Bon encadrement

Se préoccupe du bien-être des employés et des bénéficiaires. Milieu de travail très diversifié sur le plan culturel.

Important work but interview process not well-managed

Felt very uncomfortable after interview. Could tell they were having trouble with recruitment and retention.Chose to accept position with alternate employer. Very unfortunate interview presentation. The work the Red Cross is doing is very important to the community. Unfortunately, employment offers low pay, contract work with no guarantee of extension, no benefits for these contract positions, and the level of expertise and knowledge they’re looking for does not match compensation. The interview did not encourage or inspire me to want to work for the Red Cross. I sensed that there was a desire to have candidates prove themselves worthy to work for the organization but that the organization wasn’t good at promoting itself. I chose to withdraw my application based on interview.

Pros

Important work

Cons

Contract, low pay

Environnement de travail productif et convivial

J'ai aimé travailler pour cette institution. J'ai beaucoup appris.

Pros

Pause rémunérée

Cons

Les mandats sont de courte durée

A unique experience

It's my first job in Canada and I was glad to work for this great organization. When emergency happened at any place in the world, we need to respond immediately and deploy the delegates to help. It made me feel that we are doing meaningful things beyond a job, The only thing I would say is the efficiency could be improved.

A cruel place of narcissists and bullies

What isn't wrong with this place? You're given impossible goals to meet and next to no time or resources to accomplish them. Managing the volunteers is a nightmare, most of them don't make any effort. They promote by asking someone if they'd like to take the job without opening it up. Middle management is incompetent and have nothing to do but make our lives difficult. Senior management makes busy work for themselves by stepping in when it's completely unnecessary. The bureaucracy to onboard new volunteers is infuriating so most volunteers quit before their first day since it can take months and months before they even start a shift....

Pros

Benefits if you're permanent.

Cons

Everything else, too much work, not enough time, sloppy volunteers, cruel management.

productive and very helpful staff to be with, i love CRC because we are one big family

very friendly workplace, managers and supervisors are very supportive. i love CRC and i would definitely recommend this great organization to anyone who wants to work with them. CRC has shown great support to people in this pandemic, they put their lives at risk just to help our community

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Training can sometimes be long

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement