Canadian Red Cross

Canadian Red Cross Employee Reviews

Canada239 reviews
Ok place to work
Too stressful, not enough support, lack of direction and training . Often times performing responsibilities that were not in the job description nor any training for
Excellent place to work
I supported the vice president for Alberta and the Northwest Territories and provided administrative support to the HR department. Everyone I worked with was fantastic and supportive.
Good Place to work
Great place to know about the vulnerable people's situation in Canada and all over the world. Enjoy working with CRC. Very friendly co-workers and understanding management
Individual and Team Training
My job was to teach first aid and train life guards. I had to maintain current qualifications which meant training as a group underneath a leader. The job itself is independent, creating scenarios, presenting information, evaluating trainees, etc. I enjoyed the freedom of my courses.
Poor management
One would think the Red Cross is a great organization to work for. that may be the case in larger areas. It was a thoroughly disappointing experience to work here. Management is awfully disorganized, rigid, has no knowledge of front line work conditions, (or just doesn't care), and is incapable of making decisions. Extensive travel within a 2-3 hour radius is frequent and expected despite safety concerns. There is a severe staff shortage and existing workers are expected to pick up all the extra work. There does not seem to be any concern for non-essential program worker safety during unsafe times. New employee training is extensive and a little overwhelming. Great benefits, even for part-time employees, and human resources is very helpful.
Excellent
Excellent experience. The managements are friendly, accommodating and approachable. I will suggest volunteering for is a great opportunity for humanity and also beneficial in terms of meeting now people.
Good place to work if you like to talk to people
You have to smile
Be friendly

Convince people to donate

Be ready for rejection. Do not take it personal when people say no!!

Be even avaibke to communicate the cause and get people to donate

Be patient
Pros
You can chill a lot
Cons
Sometimes people do not donate and this can cause frustration
Friendly Work Environment
Good Management, Staffs were very friendly and helpful, learned customer service skill, database and general office duties. over all very good place to work.
Productive and fun working environment.
Productive and enjoyable work experience. Everybody is cooperative and understanding. Stress level is low at work. Love to have continued but I need a change in my job profile.
Fast-paced environment
Made schedules for volunteer drivers. Called volunteer drivers for start times. Booked client's appointments. Performed client surveys. Enjoyed communications with volunteers and clients.
Institución al servicio de las personas y en constante capacitación y perfeccionamiento
Institución ordenada y disciplinada en la que aprendí a planificar y evaluar mi gestión con mucho profesionalismo. Al ser clases individuales las que realicé me permitió centrar el aprendizaje en las capacidades y dificultades de cada persona y ver las formas de enfrentar los procesos segun las condiciones que se presentaban , debiendo adquirir habilidades de flexibilidad y adaptabilidad.
Great training and refresh-training are provided
Because of my school program sometimes was so busy, so I was provided refresh-training after my volunteer hours stopped for a while to make sure my client-service skills and knowledge about their systems are updated.
Great co-workers and leaders there and the clients are very polite.

I will be working on applying for the volunteer opportunity in the Canadian Red Cross in my new city.
very friendly workplace
a great experience all around. great desk work thatch sometimes get tedious but will always keep you busy. the people you meet everyday are amazing and always have great stories and make the job even better.
Great Organization
I loved working here, very respectful work environment and friendly team. I got training i need. Work load is faire and you will fint into the team very fast.
Happy
Well pleased with management and so enjoyed the privilege of helping those in need.Great Organizations. Can't say enough and always grateful to have had such a great job
Baby Sitting course
I never worked at Red Cross, I took that baby sitting course from here. The course I took was very thorough and prepared me for baby sitting.
Nice workplace
This workplace is a good one and it does important work for Canadians. It has been nice knowing the staff of this organization that is located in Canada.
slow pace environment
typical days at work, learned fast based on data entry, department very helpful, working in slow paced environment. Big office space and employee privacy.
Pros
lots of free time
Cons
not so friendly environment
Excellent opportunity to work with others while giving back to the community
Red Cross is a world class organization.

There are many ways to give back to the community and stay connected.

I have worked with several amazing people at Canadian Red Cross.
Average Experience
Working for the Red Cross has been a great experience, however the upside potential within my City is not great, and Salary is sub-par. Excellent to work for if you are not looking for career advancement
Excellent work environment
Enjoyed working with everyone there. They were ways so helpful and when it came family, they were flexible with work hour. I would work for them again.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.