Canadian Red Cross Employee Reviews

Not a great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2018
Everyone was always afraid of flossing their job. High turn over. Treated employees poorly. Upper Management fat cat snobs using funds to create positions for friends and family.
No good company to work for
On Call clinical supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON16 April 2018
This company calls themselves "humanitarian" but the way they treated there employees in the home care field is out right DISGUSTING.
Work hours from 1630 to 0830 M to F with only 6 hours pay a night. And no thanks no appreciation.
Pros
Good benefits and time off...
Cons
Back stabbing and non trusting. Always blamming employees for there mistakes.
Volunteer Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 March 2018
Staff and management hard working and compassionate. Easy going atmosphere. Management has open door policy and ensure all employees and volunteers are comfortable in their duties.
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON2 March 2018
Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities.
Amazing people
Community Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 March 2018
You really feel like you make a difference in peoples lives. It takes over your personal life when there are disasters and you are helping out. You will work with amazing people and learn a lot about yourself
Pros
working here is a positive experience
A very respectful and inclusive work place.
Assistant Manager Transportation Project (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2018
The organization seems to undergo a major restructuring every 5 years.
Work spaces are comfortable and accommodating. The work environment is highly respectful and encourages continues improvement.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with bureaucracy and funding. Best part of the job was feeling you are helping where it is needed most.
Pros
Healthy work environment.
Cons
Dealing with inter office politics.
Good Company for volunteer
Administrative Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 January 2018
I worked with them as a volunteer, my supervisor is very supportive and she helped me to enhance my knowledge and show me about the Red Cross.I have only 2 days schedule but its worth it.
Pros
Nice to have experience working at the Red Cross
Cons
nothing
Very 'ordinary' place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC31 January 2018
No structured job training - learn on the fly. No sense of team or cooperative spirit. Very ordinary Management and favouritism. Workspace is well-lit and comfortable. Good regular week-day hours.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
No formal job training
productive work experience
Client Services and Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2018
A good place to gain work experience. Consist of mainly Volunteers workers. Lively and fun. Everyone is ready to participate and assist any way possible.
Fun place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  British Columbia29 January 2018
The experience has been decent with Canadian Red Cross. Also the employees are friendly and helpful. I gained more customer Service experience by showing my professional tone with clients.
Pros
Friendly and helpful employees
Cons
Boring
Great cause
Community health coordinator (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 January 2018
love the work experience at the red cross they do great things to help people and are quick to react in any kind of emergency if be in winter or summer
what i learned
Data Clerk (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 January 2018
I have learned how to to data entry, Balance sheets, getting things done on a tight schedule, and i have also learned to time manage myself. I have learned a lot about excel.
Good
Instructor (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON23 November 2017
Some Training Partners only hire fresh instructor. No teaching experience in teaching. The pay from $15-25 depends on individual training partner. If you provide your own equipment will be a benefit.
Functional
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 November 2017
Interesting process to create a database in assisting people. The environment is friendly with the main aim to manage volunteers and contractors to effectively work together and helping those in need.
Great working place
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 November 2017
Great experience, at the Red Cross everyday there is a different challenge and a learning journey.
Excellent team, and everyone shares the same vision and looks at the big picture.
Pros
Flexible hours
Student Program
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Edmundston, NB25 October 2017
A wonderful place to work with a variety of different positions. One on one communication with clients and a friendly atmosphere. Even in their hardest days, we were there for them.
Pros
Willingness to help
Cons
Short term, temporary
Enjoyable.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON17 October 2017
Loved working with Seniors. All are very nice folks. They appreciate the work you do for them.I work at my own pace but make sure I get done what I need to do. Make sure I leave room for extra clients.
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
not getting paid.
Personal support worker
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 October 2017
I was a personal support worker for red cross, did everything. loved helping my clients and they loved me:] worked for 2 yrs, then moved to bowmanville became stay at home mom.
Like Family
Community Service Assistant (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 September 2017
It was a great experience working at the Red Cross. The staff all cared about each other, whether at a branch level or within a region. The clients and volunteers added to it also.
I learned a lot from all those around me daily.
Pros
Casual Work Enviroment
Cons
Sometime too Personal
Most fulfilling job I've ever worked
Data/Call Centre Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 August 2017
Disaster management is a wonderful field to volunteer/work in.
Red Cross does so much to help those in need and being apart of something bigger than yourself is inspiring.
Pros
fulfilling, helping people, good hours
Cons
sensitive work