Canadian Red Cross Employee Reviews

Amazing Place To Work
Accounts Receivable Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB20 September 2018
A great place to work with amazing people. The environment is fun and casual but at the the same time all business. The managers are great and willing to listen to any problems or questions someone might have, everything from time availability to career advancement, there is always someone willing to speak with you.
Pros
free coffee, great people, a fun place to work
Cons
job security
Hardest part of this job
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON6 September 2018
The hardest part of this job was the emotional attachment one gets to the elderly. Being there for them when their families do not want to take the responsibility.
Support to all programs offered at the Red Cross
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  London, ON29 August 2018
I enjoy working at the Red Cross and appreciate all that the Red Cross stands for. They are an organization that helps others in time of Personal, Global and National disasters. They also offer Meals on Wheels for certain regions.
Great Company to work for!
Very Unique
Community Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON19 August 2018
Red Cross was a learning experience. I enjoyed my co workers and all of my clients. By doing the home care, I had the honor of meeting individuals from all walks of life.

Putting a smile on one of my clients faces was the best reward one could ever ask for.
fun working with different people
Emergency Relief Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2018
-working on assignment basis
-learned how to be with different kind of nature and places and people
-management depend on the area where you are assigned
-the hardest part is how to deal with different people
-the most enjoyable part is getting along with people
Pros
free travel
Cons
no job security
very fulfilling
Red Cross Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 July 2018
My day includes direct contact with senior based clients, scheduling and overseeing aprox. 100 volunteers. I have had huge success in modifying my job processes and being a productive team player and have learned to advance my communications and great ability to interact with both client and team partners. Hardest part of my job is the scheduling usually during summer months since many volunteers are away for holidays but on the most part, my job is very enjoyable especially knowing that I am helping and assisting our most vulnerable in our community.
Pros
being productive
Cons
job security due to restructuring
Flexible and friendly environment to work.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2018
The best part of the job is that all cultures and backgrounds are respected. There are ongoing offers for opportunities to learn and take new responsibilities.
Pros
Flexibility, trainings
Cons
Lack of employment stability due to funding
Not a great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2018
Everyone was always afraid of flossing their job. High turn over. Treated employees poorly. Upper Management fat cat snobs using funds to create positions for friends and family.
No good company to work for
On Call clinical supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON16 April 2018
This company calls themselves "humanitarian" but the way they treated there employees in the home care field is out right DISGUSTING.
Work hours from 1630 to 0830 M to F with only 6 hours pay a night. And no thanks no appreciation.
Pros
Good benefits and time off...
Cons
Back stabbing and non trusting. Always blamming employees for there mistakes.
Volunteer Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 March 2018
Staff and management hard working and compassionate. Easy going atmosphere. Management has open door policy and ensure all employees and volunteers are comfortable in their duties.
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON2 March 2018
Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities.
Amazing people
Community Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 March 2018
You really feel like you make a difference in peoples lives. It takes over your personal life when there are disasters and you are helping out. You will work with amazing people and learn a lot about yourself
Pros
working here is a positive experience
A very respectful and inclusive work place.
Assistant Manager Transportation Project (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2018
The organization seems to undergo a major restructuring every 5 years.
Work spaces are comfortable and accommodating. The work environment is highly respectful and encourages continues improvement.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with bureaucracy and funding. Best part of the job was feeling you are helping where it is needed most.
Pros
Healthy work environment.
Cons
Dealing with inter office politics.
it was a certificate
good place to get First aid and CPR (Former Employee) –  University, SK6 February 2018
I sigh in and went up to class to get CPR and first aid training. they taught us how to use an AED and how to stabilize a broken hand or foot. great place and great people.
Pros
great place
Cons
long classes
Good Company for volunteer
Administrative Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 January 2018
I worked with them as a volunteer, my supervisor is very supportive and she helped me to enhance my knowledge and show me about the Red Cross.I have only 2 days schedule but its worth it.
Pros
Nice to have experience working at the Red Cross
Cons
nothing
Very 'ordinary' place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC31 January 2018
No structured job training - learn on the fly. No sense of team or cooperative spirit. Very ordinary Management and favouritism. Workspace is well-lit and comfortable. Good regular week-day hours.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
No formal job training
productive work experience
Client Services and Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2018
A good place to gain work experience. Consist of mainly Volunteers workers. Lively and fun. Everyone is ready to participate and assist any way possible.
Fun place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  British Columbia29 January 2018
The experience has been decent with Canadian Red Cross. Also the employees are friendly and helpful. I gained more customer Service experience by showing my professional tone with clients.
Pros
Friendly and helpful employees
Cons
Boring
Great cause
Community health coordinator (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 January 2018
love the work experience at the red cross they do great things to help people and are quick to react in any kind of emergency if be in winter or summer
what i learned
Data Clerk (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 January 2018
I have learned how to to data entry, Balance sheets, getting things done on a tight schedule, and i have also learned to time manage myself. I have learned a lot about excel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.