CANADIAN PROTECTION SERVICES

CANADIAN PROTECTION SERVICES Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews

They offer plenty of hours and jobs if willing to work

Always had hours many years and plenty of 60 hour work weeks and recently last year and a half 40 hour work weeks. Management can be spontaneous at times and offer shifts last minute or at weird hours but the work is there if needed. Overall good security experience and they promote from within often. Tons of guard sites and always positions open on patrol however pay is low.

Pros

Plenty of hours and worksites

Cons

Spontaneous calls for work, management can be forgetful, and pay is low

best one

canadian protection services is one of the best company i have worked with. the staff is bery cooperative and helpful. They have many sites in niagara falls if anyone is looking for a job can apply with them this is the beat company i swear.

Insights into CANADIAN PROTECTION SERVICES

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Not recommend at all.

Continually changing management and rolls Scheduling will play tut for tat and is not trust worthy with your livelihood. Back bitting 100% unhealthy!

Pros

Non

Cons

Internal snakes

Good for Beginners

Good to Start security work. Learn something new than free. Less pay rate but Better than nothing. Only want work but no benefits for newer guard. Again good to start

Do not recommend

This company is very professional. Management is rude to their employees and are not good role models. The cars given to drive were unsafe with bald tires, lights on (check engine, ABS, etc) and they did not get proper regular maintenance. Management did not communicate properly with staff, if there was an issue about performance it would be shared with people not involved. This company values quantity over quality when it comes to security work/patrols. I would not recommend anyone to work here.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Everything, choose another employer

Would not recommend working here

Management is quite bad all around. They will act super friendly at first but won't hesitate to talk a bunch about you behind your back. You will likely be screwed over by management multiple times while working here. You are expected to do quite a lot in comparison to other companies which gives you lots of experience, but the pay does not compensate for the extra work whatsoever. Cars are rarely maintained and issues are put off for quite some time. There are many other companies that are much better than this place in many ways, I do not recommend getting a job here

Pros

Lots of good security experience

Cons

Poor management

Very unprofessional

VERY VERY UNPROFESSIONAL company. 1st day when they called for interview said having lots of overnight shifts, can work in flexible hours. Asked me complete online training ASAP then asked to submit all of my documents, and on next day after submitting documents told me that they are revoking Job offer as they don’t have any night shifts. The point is if you guys don’t have anything then stop making fake promises and wasting individual time at the beginning.

Great Place

If you're looking for hands on employment, quasi-police style contracts and professional appearance, this is the place for you. Individuals looking for a career in a law enforcement agency should start here

Great People

Ron hazel (CEO) is a very professional man and deals with every situation in a professional way. I am glad that I was associated with CPS.Everyone's experience is different but I can surely say that they treat their employees well. Just do your job and you can expect good understanding in return.Overall a great company to work with!

They're ok

Do the work and job security is not an issue. Wages are a little low for the fast paced industry. The people are a good team to work with. Flexible schedules.

Pros

Good team to work with.

Cons

Low wage scale

Top rated company with top rated management

Its always been a pleasure to be involved with CPS from when I started and even to this day in the limited capacity that I still have within the company. Management is hands on and will always have your back and if you are looking to advance in the security industry or law enforcement, then CPS has a lot of opportunities for this...especially in the mobile division.

Pros

Great company, great management

Dedicated management, lots of hours available

Great company for anyone looking to start in or build on a career in the security industry. The owners and management team are some of the most dedicated and experienced people working in the field and it shows through their work. If you're willing, there always seem to be open shifts and hours to pick up, especially if you dont mind overnight shifts

Very bad experience

The company it self has serious issues ... upper management are extremely rude they talk down on you. The owner him self Ron is extremely rude and will talk behind your back big time . Avoid this company !

Everything was good

The company was good. Had a good background. I improved my skills in security. Management used to call us and let us know about the type of work we were going to do.

Job was along time ago but Management was not very good.

Typical day would be doing your normal security perimeter checks, making sure doors are locked in buildings or offices after hours. Hardest part of the day is shifts where long and not much room for advancement.

Pros

Fun staff

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CANADIAN PROTECTION SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement