Canadian Property Stars Employee Reviews

Independent Contractor
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON19 April 2018
Typical Day: I would get picked up at 7am, driven to the warehouse where would be prepped for the day with out equipment and routes. I would then spend 14 hours pushing a 255 Lb machine through residential areas, trying to make sales at the door. The company did not provide water, food, or shelter. We would be "stranded" wherever they stationed us, until they picked us up between 9 and 11 at night. If we needed to use the bathroom throughout the day we had to knock on the door of a homeowner and ask to use their personal washroom.... Our income depended on our sales each day. I know some people got hundreds on a good day, but other times it was very dry. You could theoretically go without earning anything after that 14 hour day. Very strenuous.
Pros
Got to converse with a lot of people, paid daily in cash
Cons
Long hours, no scheduled breaks, no access to amenities, get rejected at the door
Productive and good management.
Maintenance and Sales (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 April 2018
The pay was good to begin with if you put in hard work. I learned how to engage with home owners and make sales. The management wasn't the best neither was it the worst but there is room for improvement.
Pros
Free shuttle bus to work and back
Fun work experience outdoors
Sales Representative/Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2018
Commission based job where there is a sales component and landscaping component. You can pick your own dates but the hours are from 8-9 everyday making for a long day.
You are your own boss
LAWN AERATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2018
It was a great job with the chance to earn a lot of money in one shot. They give you the machine and drop you off at your part of town and its basically just sell the service door to door the more houses you do the more money you make its that simple. You would get paid in cash at the end of the day and mostly all the money you make that day is yours, the company just takes a small amount for the rental of their machine. The only hard part was when you went to houses that didn't understand English.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
language barrier
Long hours with competitive labor job
Window Washer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 April 2018
Start of the job you come in sign in and wait 15min until the employee gives detail on the area that each individual will work. After we load up the trailer with appliances needed for window washer. Therefore each individual is assigned to their specific route on where their going to work at, on where you would expect to work at least 10-12 hours of door to door sales. So you would expect standing up the most of the time
Pros
can take a break anytime you want too
Cons
using a washroom to use, salary based on how much sales you complete
Productive and fun work place.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2018
While working in this environment this experience was one that i had gathered alot of information from. I had improved and devolved alot of skills when working for this company.
Pros
Easy job, Decent amount of breaks, Pay salary is great.
Cons
Long Hours
door to door sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 March 2018
i go to school at Fanshawe so i was a my first job and the fact it was all commission was always a soft problem for me

learnt how to problem solve and think on my feet.
not great
Sales (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 March 2018
didn't love the culture, and their commission based salaries seem like a good option until you get out into the field and realize how challenging it can be to sustain the type of work asked for 12-15 hour days.
produits dangereux et nocif
Door to Door Salesman (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2018
Aucune protection n'étais fourni pour les produits nocif ils engagent des gens non expériencé et les laisse manipuler ses produits.
Pros
activité basketball à la fin de la longue journée
Cons
pas de protection fourni pour les produits nocifs
Only good for people who can hustle and sell
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  waterloo, on11 March 2018
Long days, no guaranteed income. Dropped off at a site, generally alone and left for 9-10 hours. No easy way to get shade,cool off and often nothing nearby so bring lunch.
Didn't enjoy
Invoice director (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 March 2018
Working here was not great at all, the bosses are not kind and the environment was not appealing and fun. I found it was sloppy and non enjoyable, good for money if your lucky but very hard to even make 50-100 bucks!
fun place to work
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 March 2018
very fun place to work if you like competitions and being in a competitive work environment and if you enjoy social interaction and meeting new people then Canadian property stars is somewhere you'd wanna work
Hard Work, not for everybody.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2018
If door-to-door sales are not your thing, do not take this job. The 14-hour work day can be a nightmare if you do not make a decent amount of sales. The pay can potentially be fantastic, but only if you are a good salesman.
Working for this company was fun, but making the sales first was hard.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2018
I enjoyed working for Canadian Property Stars, just to upgrade my ability to be responsible, cooperative and for some money. The hardest part of working for this company was to make the door to door sales first, and then do the different landscaping jobs such as aeration, seeding and fertilization, and driveway sealing.
Pros
free transportation
Cons
very long hours
Work Hard Play Hard
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON26 February 2018
The more you work, the more money you make. The harder you work the more money you make. The better you get at pleasing the costumer, the farther you get. This goes for life as well. I was very happy working there.
Pros
Very high Salary, Paid in cash daily
Eh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 February 2018
Someone pulled a gun on me while doing this door-to-door sales job. On top of making an average negative 10 dollars a day, no access to bathrooms in 100% outdoor job (rain, shine, whatever mother nature has really) , it's no surprise I suffered a mental breakdown
Pros
U get strong real quick
Cons
long hours, grueling work, no guarantee of pay
Route manager
ROUTE/DIRECT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 February 2018
Young place to work
many students working here
It is true that you get paid what you are worth as they say here
Company is designed for general labours to knock doors in order to obtain sales, if they do not sell anything that day, they simply make nothing for the day.
Hard work, But pays well
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 February 2018
Very Very Hard Work. As the job requires door-to-door sales, one needed to be a persuasive person to do well. If this requirement is met, one can earn a large sum of money.
average work experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manitoba1 February 2018
- Its a door to door customer service Job
- requires you to bring your own lunch
- Transportation is provided to and from work
- you need to be able to work with an aeration machine but training is provided before hand
Cons
heavy work load
Not what it seems
Route Manager/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON25 January 2018
Scam numbers game you may not be a winner I was gm dont trust ben as a worker you have no rights with cps they owe you nothing they speak in absolutes but its not you can make 0$$

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Property Stars. Our community is ready to answer.