Canadian Phytopharmaceuticals Corporation logo
Canadian Phytopharmaceuticals Corporation

Canadian Phytopharmaceuticals Corporation Employee Reviews

1.5Job security & advancement

hard to promote

I learned a lot of healthy products related knowledge for this industry. Co-workers are nice but the management is not very good and hard to promote.

A place to learn and advance my skill set

At Canadian Phytopharmaceuticals Corp, I gained experience in establishing and maintaining business connections, and particularly learned about how to negotiate in the business context. I also had opportunity to plan and conduct business meetings with suppliers; this was a beneficial learning experience. A typical day would start with responding to emails, checking on products that needed to be ordered, and then sourcing/analyzing factors for purchase. Next, I relayed pertinent information to different company depts. and tracked orders. Because it was a small company, I then moved downstairs and covered the receptionist's post (while she enjoyed her lunch break). In the afternoon, I managed data files, completed morning tasks, and set up my schedule for tomorrow. I also noted anything that needed to be remembered for tomorrow. The most enjoyable part of the job was that is was constantly changing, and often challenging. I also enjoyed the communication aspect. The most difficult part of the job was that some of the co-workers were deliberately difficult to work with (gossipy, and seemed purposely contrary in nature). I had to learn to ignore some immature pranks; I focused on contributing positively to the social atmosphere. The company salaries were grossly under the established 'norms', and there was no room for advancement.

Jobs at Canadian Phytopharmaceuticals Corporation