Canadian Opera Company

Canadian Opera Company Employee Reviews

I can't really speak on the interview process as I had family within the local IATSE 471 who was also call stuard for those gigs and therefore I didn't interview however the work environment in the warehouse I work in is amazing!
A great work place for someone who is into opera, all of the staff have been very kind and helpful. if you're into the art form I would highly recommend this position.
Pros
free opera
Cons
micromanaging
Enjoyed a lovely 1 month contract performing on a beautiful stage shared with the most talented dancers in all of Canada from the National Ballet! What a fulfilling experience!
Working at the box office is a great part-time job that puts you in touch with the front-lines of the Canadian Opera Company. Occasionally there are some controversial productions that you get to hear patrons complain about, but it's a fun place to work. Not much room for advancement, pay is not great, but it's a p/t job that won't make you want to hurt people at the end of the day.
Wonderful company to work for, I've been there for 3 years and they've always found a place for me to fit it! Work/life balance is great because everyone is passionate and involved in opera.
I have learn Solomon System. My Immediate manager was very cooperative. During my stay at COC, I enjoyed very much to meet artist who were working at Opera.
Pros
good place to work with entertainment
Cons
not close to union station