Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission

Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews

Positive work place

A positive atmosphere and a wonderful workplace. Highly recommended to work in such an environment and with the government. Overall a wonderful opportunity

Great place to work!

-Great people; amazing benefits; lots of opportunities move laterally or vertically. -Not a perfect organization, but always seeking ways to improve. -Many learning opportunities: micro-missions, assignments, internal open-learning sessions, and individual learning plans that ensures continuous learning and development. -Management meetings are open to all staff, which is rare.

Pros

It's fast-paced and managers have high expectations of staff.

Cons

Expensive parking: Headquarters is located downtown.

Insights into Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission

• Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Productive and fun workplace

This is a very interesting place to work at - what I find most interesting are the presentations from international guest speakers (subject matter experts) on a variety of topics. The office environment is fun, while being productive in a fast-paced environment.

Pros

Promotes career development through various channels

Do your homework before accepting a job with this organization

Some divisions are better managed than others but if you accept a job there and toe the line you will be fine. The organization is insular and managers compete with one another for control of information, dragging staff into the dynamic. If you thrive in this type of environment you will fit in. Management pats itself on the back and through their behaviour discourages open and honest communication within the organization. As a result, staff remain mum on difficult issues for fear of being reprimanded.

Mission is possible

There was not a bad contract. But could be better. There was a good daily rate and nice place (Telesat). However there was uncomfortable work space (open space), badge did not let you in before 7 and after 6, management could be more polite and professional in my opinion.

Pros

Good daily rate, nice place (Telesat)

Cons

uncomfortable work space, badge is not let you in before 7 and after 6, management could be more polite and professional

Selective for the public servants versus agencies

Management is very selective; working for an agency kept us from participating in any activities or decisions that have to be made for the department's functions

It is a great organization

the CNSC is a top notch organization Typical work day is 8 to 4, Monday to Friday. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in teams efficiently

Great salary but organization has some improving to do to be competitive

Great workforce, and work/life balance. Overall a decent career growth experience. I would recommend this position to someone starting their career but not to people who already hold experience.

Best department I have had the pleasure to work for

Big budget, simple concise mandate and quality people. This is the best place I have ever worked. I would completely recommend to others.

An excellent employer

Enjoyed my career at the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission.

Pros

Superb collegiale atmosphere.

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission?

Typical Government position

Term contract... was treated as a term employee.Term contract... was treated as a term employee.Term contract... was treated as a term employee.Term contract... was treated as a term employee.

Relaxing and comfortable environment to work

A marvellous place to work as they provide all required training required for an individual to succeed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement