Canadian Nuclear Laboratories logo
View all Canadian Nuclear Laboratories reviews

Canadian Nuclear Laboratories

Canadian Nuclear Laboratories Employee Review

Research & Development

I appreciated the opportunity to work at the prestigious site at Chalk River. I met and worked with many very talented individuals and learned many items in my field of interest. Although it was not initially clear as to my role at this site, I was given many roles during my nine years working there. I served as trainer, coordinator, research scientist, work permit authorizer, safety officer, decommissioning specialist, document writer for preliminary decommissioning document, emergency preparedness procedures, equipment commissioning, decommissioning readiness preparedness document and form. Every item was a unique experience.

Pros

Many opportunities to learn.

Cons

Societal segregation based on levels of education.

4.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Nice but inefficient

I liked my work and wasn't stressed. The range of work is great and managers are understanding but the beaurocracy slows work so much that it really hamstrings research.

Pros

Good wage, low stress

Cons

Inefficient
Same location

Respected and treated like a valuable member of the team.

I love this place. Love it.Perhaps it is because I am a 31 year veteran AND worked for 5 years for a company providing training for the military that I just amazed that supervisors/managers can be respectful and not abusive. The respect I receive is off the charts and the benefits are equally amazing. I simply love love my job of courseware development.

Pros

Creative freedom.

Cons

The odd dinosaur who should retire.
Same location

Non productive

Working in the trades on site is very limited as most of the large jobs are contracted out so trades only get the small tasks to do.A lot of sitting around and waiting for work to start.Micro managed and poor supervision.They are big on safety on site

Pros

Good benefit package

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Nuclear Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement