Canadian Nuclear Laboratories
View all Canadian Nuclear Laboratories reviews

Canadian Nuclear Laboratories

Canadian Nuclear Laboratories Employee Review

Nice but inefficient

I liked my work and wasn't stressed. The range of work is great and managers are understanding but the beaurocracy slows work so much that it really hamstrings research.

Pros

Good wage, low stress

Cons

Inefficient

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Research & Development

I appreciated the opportunity to work at the prestigious site at Chalk River. I met and worked with many very talented individuals and learned many items in my field of interest. Although it was not initially clear as to my role at this site, I was given many roles during my nine years working there. I served as trainer, coordinator, research scientist, work permit authorizer, safety officer, decommissioning specialist, document writer for preliminary decommissioning document, emergency preparedness procedures, equipment commissioning, decommissioning readiness preparedness document and form. Every item was a unique experience.

Pros

Many opportunities to learn.

Cons

Societal segregation based on levels of education.
Same location

Ideal work environment for Design Engineer

The working environment is very ideal. Design is done in a safe manner, not corners cut. And no design is done in rush. But is also depends on the members in your team. Luckily, I am in a team which is very co-operative and understanding.
Same location

Good work environment, interesting work.

CNL overall is a good company to work for. I personally enjoy the type of work I do and look forward to growing with the company. The company, like many others, needs to work out a plan to make wages more competitive in the current run-away inflation crisis.

Pros

Interesting work, good flexibility and work life balance.

Cons

Somewhat low pay for the cost of living in the area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Nuclear Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement