Canadian Nuclear Laboratories
Canadian Nuclear Laboratories Employee Review

Interesting and chalenging job

22 September 2018
Interesting job with great work colleagues. Move into private management in last 3 years (government owned, contractor operated). Undergoing a major re-organization.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Good salaries and benifits
Cons
Much change and re-organization over the last 3 years sinse contractors took over management.
27 April 2021
Research Scientist (Current Employee) - Chalk River, ON
I liked my work and wasn't stressed. The range of work is great and managers are understanding but the beaurocracy slows work so much that it really hamstrings research.
Pros
Good wage, low stress
Cons
Inefficient
29 January 2021
Training Consultant (Current Employee) - Chalk River, ON
I love this place. Love it.Perhaps it is because I am a 31 year veteran AND worked for 5 years for a company providing training for the military that I just amazed that supervisors/managers can be respectful and not abusive. The respect I receive is off the charts and the benefits are equally amazing. I simply love love my job of courseware development.
Pros
Creative freedom.
Cons
The odd dinosaur who should retire.
11 October 2020
Carpenter (Former Employee) - Chalk River, ON
Working in the trades on site is very limited as most of the large jobs are contracted out so trades only get the small tasks to do.A lot of sitting around and waiting for work to start.Micro managed and poor supervision.They are big on safety on site
Pros
Good benefit package