Canadian Nuclear Laboratories
Canadian Nuclear Laboratories Employee Review

Great People, Unique Work Environment

2 April 2018
I worked at the NRU, a nuclear research reactor, at the Chalk River Laboratories. Before it was permanently shutdown in March 2018, it was my privilege to be part of the team that kept the reactor running that helped millions of people with cancer diagnosis and treatment. It was a unique environment to work in, with a mix of old and new technologies, and sometimes developing the technologies to meet the needs of the reactor.
3.0Job security/advancement
27 April 2021
Research Scientist (Current Employee) - Chalk River, ON
I liked my work and wasn't stressed. The range of work is great and managers are understanding but the beaurocracy slows work so much that it really hamstrings research.
Pros
Good wage, low stress
Cons
Inefficient
29 January 2021
Training Consultant (Current Employee) - Chalk River, ON
I love this place. Love it.Perhaps it is because I am a 31 year veteran AND worked for 5 years for a company providing training for the military that I just amazed that supervisors/managers can be respectful and not abusive. The respect I receive is off the charts and the benefits are equally amazing. I simply love love my job of courseware development.
Pros
Creative freedom.
Cons
The odd dinosaur who should retire.
11 October 2020
Carpenter (Former Employee) - Chalk River, ON
Working in the trades on site is very limited as most of the large jobs are contracted out so trades only get the small tasks to do.A lot of sitting around and waiting for work to start.Micro managed and poor supervision.They are big on safety on site
Pros
Good benefit package
  1. Great People, Unique Work Environment