Canadian Nuclear Laboratories
Canadian Nuclear Laboratories Employee Review

Evolving work environment

23 July 2019
this company has been good to work for but are facing many challenges with the new direction of the company and the federal government. The hardest part of the job is to work through the company processes and procedures to meet all your annual deliverables. The overall culture is very broken because of all the uncertainty and change going on with the new direction of the company.
16 April 2020
Same role
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) - Port Hope, ON
Spent over seven years with this organization. The last three years, several organizational/management/staffing changes. I have simply decided to step away from the nuclear industry.
27 April 2021
Same location
Research Scientist (Current Employee) - Chalk River, ON
I liked my work and wasn't stressed. The range of work is great and managers are understanding but the beaurocracy slows work so much that it really hamstrings research.
Pros
Good wage, low stress
Cons
Inefficient
29 January 2021
Same location
Training Consultant (Current Employee) - Chalk River, ON
I love this place. Love it.Perhaps it is because I am a 31 year veteran AND worked for 5 years for a company providing training for the military that I just amazed that supervisors/managers can be respectful and not abusive. The respect I receive is off the charts and the benefits are equally amazing. I simply love love my job of courseware development.
Pros
Creative freedom.
Cons
The odd dinosaur who should retire.