Canadian Nuclear Laboratories logo
Canadian Nuclear Laboratories
View all Canadian Nuclear Laboratories reviews

Canadian Nuclear Laboratories

Canadian Nuclear Laboratories Employee Review

Enjoyable position for those who enjoy being social

In my current role I have developed a five-day onboarding program for new employees. I am responsible for coordinating/facilitating their onboarding on a bi-weekly basis. As part of the onboarding I also facilitate a one-hour presentation on HR services, forms and entitlement/compensation. I have also conducted a Training Validation report to ensure the program increases employee engagement and retention. I am also the facilitator for Conflict Resolution training and Communication Basics Training. This position requires a large degree of responsibility, organization, and social agility. The encumberment must be confident, knowledgeable about all aspects of the company, comfortable communicating with all levels of the organization and being the "face" of the company.

Pros

Flexibility, Socially Satisfying, Face-Paced

Cons

Lack of people resources causing strain on the department

3.0Job security/advancement

Nice but inefficient

I liked my work and wasn't stressed. The range of work is great and managers are understanding but the beaurocracy slows work so much that it really hamstrings research.

Pros

Good wage, low stress

Cons

Inefficient
Same location

Respected and treated like a valuable member of the team.

I love this place. Love it.Perhaps it is because I am a 31 year veteran AND worked for 5 years for a company providing training for the military that I just amazed that supervisors/managers can be respectful and not abusive. The respect I receive is off the charts and the benefits are equally amazing. I simply love love my job of courseware development.

Pros

Creative freedom.

Cons

The odd dinosaur who should retire.

Non productive

Working in the trades on site is very limited as most of the large jobs are contracted out so trades only get the small tasks to do.A lot of sitting around and waiting for work to start.Micro managed and poor supervision.They are big on safety on site

Pros

Good benefit package

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Nuclear Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement