Canadian Nuclear Laboratories
Canadian Nuclear Laboratories Employee Review

Co-workers are amazing, the area is beautiful. Management was beyond terrible.

14 January 2020
I enjoy working here but there is no job security and layoffs have already begun. Often it is impossible to advance due to abundance of unions and over regulation.
1.0Job security/advancement
29 January 2021
Training Consultant (Current Employee) - Chalk River, ON
I love this place. Love it.Perhaps it is because I am a 31 year veteran AND worked for 5 years for a company providing training for the military that I just amazed that supervisors/managers can be respectful and not abusive. The respect I receive is off the charts and the benefits are equally amazing. I simply love love my job of courseware development.
Pros
Creative freedom.
Cons
The odd dinosaur who should retire.
11 October 2020
Carpenter (Former Employee) - Chalk River, ON
Working in the trades on site is very limited as most of the large jobs are contracted out so trades only get the small tasks to do.A lot of sitting around and waiting for work to start.Micro managed and poor supervision.They are big on safety on site
Pros
Good benefit package
21 June 2020
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) - Chalk River, ON
Worked for great people and was provided with an abundance of training in various programs. Hours were flexible and pay was generous. Employees were kept up to date with the various projects going on.
  1. Co-workers are amazing, the area is beautiful. Management was beyond terrible.